Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019

3lOH55A

Expert Member
Doesn't the rule

Is your Cash@Till withdrawals greater than the value of all your cash withdrawals at ATMs and FNB branches during the month?

Overlap with

Do you use your FNB Private Clients Credit Card and/or FNB Fusion Private Clients Card for at least 25% of your total monthly spend?

Meaning, if I draw once using my cheque card, I'll receive 1000 points for cash@till rule, but I'll loose 1000 points on the credit card monthly spend, as it's not 100% anymore?

Sayf777

Doesn't the rule

Is your Cash@Till withdrawals greater than the value of all your cash withdrawals at ATMs and FNB branches during the month?

Overlap with

Do you use your FNB Private Clients Credit Card and/or FNB Fusion Private Clients Card for at least 25% of your total monthly spend?

Meaning, if I draw once using my cheque card, I'll receive 1000 points for cash@till rule, but I'll loose 1000 points on the credit card monthly spend, as it's not 100% anymore?
No. It doesn't count as "spend."

3lOH55A

Expert Member
No. It doesn't count as "spend."
Well, not sure what people do with cash other than spending it :D

Well if you get points for both that's great. I'm just hitting 14500 on PC and am always worried every month that I missed something and drop a level. This rule will help. Thanks

Mythical-

yeah thats what im thinking off

want to see if its 100% like that

but i cant find the link online to see if its worth the effort to move
https://www.ebucks.com/web/eBucks/earn/fnb-gold-2018.jsp

"*Qualifying FNB Islamic Banking customers will automatically get the benefit of moving up a reward level for the Borrow reward level group as these customers aren't eligible for Overdrafts."

At the bottom of the Move up a reward level section.

fish

So I see eBucks are now updating rules during the year. They just updated the PW rules on:

Have at least one FNB Savings and Investment Account and maintain a monthly balance across your FNB Savings and Investment Account(s) of:
  • Between R125 000 and R174 999
  • Between R175 000 and R399 999
  • R400 000 or more
Excludes FNB Tax-Free Cash Deposit and FNB Equity Trading Growth <-----New!!!!

Previously this rule didn't have the "Excludes FNB Tax-Free Cash Deposit and FNB Equity Trading Growth" section.
Surely its illegal for them to change rules. I have been fighting with them for the last 5 weeks over this rule. As this fine print was not included. Did anyone else on PW notice this?

I am also still fighting with eBucks as I accepted the quote for a Smart Device on 29th June yet they only actioned the order on 3rd July and now refuse to give me the Smart Device rebate because it was taken out in July. Even though my order was done on the 29th...

Speedster

Executive Member
So I see eBucks are now updating rules during the year. They just updated the PW rules on:

Have at least one FNB Savings and Investment Account and maintain a monthly balance across your FNB Savings and Investment Account(s) of:
  • Between R125 000 and R174 999
  • Between R175 000 and R399 999
  • R400 000 or more
Excludes FNB Tax-Free Cash Deposit and FNB Equity Trading Growth

Previously this rule didn't have the "Excludes FNB Tax-Free Cash Deposit and FNB Equity Trading Growth" section.
Surely its illegal for them to change rules. I have been fighting with them for the last 5 weeks over this rule. As this fine print was not included. Did anyone else on PW notice this?

I am also still fighting with eBucks as I accepted the quote for a Smart Device on 29th June yet they only actioned the order on 3rd July and now refuse to give me the Smart Device rebate because it was taken out in July. Even though my order was done on the 29th...
I've learnt not to fight too much with people who are giving me free things

mokhalid

Is it mandatory to have this for PW or is it just for points? I thought you just have to earn a certain amount?

oitar

Hi all, is it still possible to pay S-code with a Checkers gift card( or wicode)? I know Money Market won't accept them for account payments.

SAwanderer

FYI for others who may be in the same boat. I just got off the phone with ebucks. I upgraded to PC this month, after the allocation came came (I think it was the 14th). I read on here that if you do it before the allocation comes in it really difficult to get your reward level etc allocated correctly. I spoke to an ebucks consultant earlier in the month and he assured me all the spend (on my Premier Card) from the 1st to the time I receive my PC card will be included in this month's spend according to PC earn rules. So I did the bulk of my spend in the first two weeks of this month, maxed fuel, checkers, online.

I have just been told my an ebucks lady that the previous person I spoke to was wrong and all the spend on my Premier card from the 1st to the 17th (when I recieved my new card) will not be counted at all. So my entire monthly spend is not counted??? And on top of this because I waited until two weeks into the month to upgrade, my proirity pass card will not arrive in time before I leave on a trip next week.

I'm pretty livid right now.

Speedster

Executive Member
FYI for others who may be in the same boat. I just got off the phone with ebucks. I upgraded to PC this month, after the allocation came came (I think it was the 14th). I read on here that if you do it before the allocation comes in it really difficult to get your reward level etc allocated correctly. I spoke to an ebucks consultant earlier in the month and he assured me all the spend (on my Premier Card) from the 1st to the time I receive my PC card will be included in this month's spend according to PC earn rules. So I did the bulk of my spend in the first two weeks of this month, maxed fuel, checkers, online.

I have just been told my an ebucks lady that the previous person I spoke to was wrong and all the spend on my Premier card from the 1st to the 17th (when I recieved my new card) will not be counted at all. So my entire monthly spend is not counted??? And on top of this because I waited until two weeks into the month to upgrade, my proirity pass card will not arrive in time before I leave on a trip next week.

I'm pretty livid right now.
I'd wait for the actual allocation next month before getting too worked up about this. Pretty much everyone I know who changed card status had their full month's spend included in the calculation

SAwanderer

I'd wait for the actual allocation next month before getting too worked up about this. Pretty much everyone I know who changed card status had their full month's spend included in the calculation
Thank you - I wish I had read your reply earlier! I called in again, got the same answer, spoke to a team leader who then said that the full month's spend would be included... A few grey hairs for nothing!

Filosofer

Thank you - I wish I had read your reply earlier! I called in again, got the same answer, spoke to a team leader who then said that the full month's spend would be included... A few grey hairs for nothing!
FNB should really train their employees better. It would have saved so much time and energy if you received the correct info from the first person you spoke to

safejack

My advice to anyone that wants to join, good bank as long as you do not need to speak to the call center, had many issues, they ask me for proof end up looking for 1 hour or so,then send it , only for them to tell me no there is a different clause, hate the call center

bar1

Expert Member
So, i decided to upgrade to PC, and i have a few questions:

Do you have an FNB Fixed Deposit Account with a fixed term of at least six months and do you maintain a monthly balance of at least R35 000 in the account?

Do you have at least one FNB Savings and Investment Account and maintain a monthly balance of at least R35 000 across your FNB Savings and Investment Account(s)?

I currently have a 32 days notice account, with under R35k, if i top it up to 35, which one will i get points for?

Do you have an FNB Overdraft or FNB Fusion Credit Facility of at least R20 000 and do you use at least R1 000 of your Overdraft Limit or Credit Facility per month?

I currently have 15k limit on my CC, and 10k overdraft, is that ok for the points?

I would also like to take another investment/saving account , what do you guys recommend?
Is the global account a good option?

thanks,bar1