Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

cozinsky

Expert Member
I can't find the Wimpy breakfast / burger t&c's. They only refer to "a meal", so can I order the most expensive breakfast/burger on the menu at the Engen 1 Stop Wimpy for free?

zerocool2009

Expert Member
I can't find the Wimpy breakfast / burger t&c's. They only refer to "a meal", so can I order the most expensive breakfast/burger on the menu at the Engen 1 Stop Wimpy for free?
Upgrade your FNB app !!! And its there !!!

Nice way to get guys to upgrade ! (get the newest version of the software)

airborne

Executive Member
there is no limit to spot wallet....however if you cash out rather try cashing out to other bank....top up from fnb cc and cash out at other bank...
Can anyone confirm a spot from fnb cc and then same amount back to the linked fnb cheque account works or doesn't work?

Last edited:

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
Since the wimpy voucher can only be used once in a quarter I don't want to spoil my choice. :) What is worth getting? (I have not eaten at a Wimpy in years)

Jasop

Hehe... I got the same prompt last night on the app. Doing my calcs to see. I'm just worried about my cheque account that will remain PC when I do the upgrade.... then will have to do a manual upgrade and prolly jump through hoops.
I just got the PW credit card offer now as well, even though my income is nowhere near what is required below.

https://www.fnb.co.za/private-banking/private-wealth/overview.html
Private Wealth caters to individuals and families earning more than R1.5 million per annum or with a net asset value of R15 million or more.

Looks like I could just possibly scrape level 5 by adding a few low cost debit orders ... maxing all caps would increase earn from eB 17000 to about eB 33000

If I take the credit card offer, and then apply for cheque account upgrade, will they request salary etc?

edit: R470pm or minimum balance of R100k for monthly rebate ... yikes
https://www.fnb.co.za/downloads/pricing-guide/Private-Wealth-Pricing-guide.pdf

edit2: calculator says earn on PW RL4 is about the same as PC RL5 for maxed caps

if anyone has taken the jump to PW, please post feedback

Last edited:

phant1m

Jasop: Biggest value on PW used to be the device you get 100% back which you cant do if you join now. Other then that your checkers cap is 10k and a few more smaller extra things. With little work I could do level PW but not really in the mood as their is a tiny financial implication i dont want to worry about.

Jasop

Jasop: Biggest value on PW used to be the device you get 100% back which you cant do if you join now. Other then that your checkers cap is 10k and a few more smaller extra things. With little work I could do level PW but not really in the mood as their is a tiny financial implication i dont want to worry about.
Only downsides of PW I can see are the high monthly fees and the discount threshold of R2000 which is not much higher than the R1500 of PC ... other than that seems like a no brainer based on even RL4 matching earn on PC RL5 if monthly spend is close to or higher than earn caps.

Caldo

Hi... i will be going to Emerald tomorrow morning.
On route i will be passing the Blockhouse engen...
Anyone will to donate their engen breakfast voucher?

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
So my upgrade to PC was effected today. Private banker says my earn percentages until yesterday will be at Premier rates and from today onwards it will be at PC rates. The monthly card/account fees will be pro-rated accordingly as well.

In terms of reward level points and how the month is assessed it will be based on Premier caps if I heard her correctly. She was possibly contradicting herself in the phone call today but I really didn't have time to debate how it's all going to play out. Either way from what I saw on the Calculator page I should retain RL5 even on PC. I hope it's not a ball ache to work out what's what when next month's eBucks allocation happens.

New PC cards will take a few days to get to me, how long do the old Premier cards work until and is there any downside to using them even into next month? I suppose that would just be asking for trouble so might as well use the PC cards once I have them in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.