Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019

Awesum

Expert Member
I just got the PW credit card offer now as well, even though my income is nowhere near what is required below.

https://www.fnb.co.za/private-banking/private-wealth/overview.html
Private Wealth caters to individuals and families earning more than R1.5 million per annum or with a net asset value of R15 million or more.

Looks like I could just possibly scrape level 5 by adding a few low cost debit orders ... maxing all caps would increase earn from eB 17000 to about eB 33000

If I take the credit card offer, and then apply for cheque account upgrade, will they request salary etc?

edit: R470pm or minimum balance of R100k for monthly rebate ... yikes
https://www.fnb.co.za/downloads/pricing-guide/Private-Wealth-Pricing-guide.pdf

edit2: calculator says earn on PW RL4 is about the same as PC RL5 for maxed caps

if anyone has taken the jump to PW, please post feedback
I upgraded last month after the eBucks allocation. They did not ask for proof of salary because they offered me the upgrade, I didn't ask for it.
I earned eB3.5k last month.

Awesum

Expert Member
So my upgrade to PC was effected today. Private banker says my earn percentages until yesterday will be at Premier rates and from today onwards it will be at PC rates. The monthly card/account fees will be pro-rated accordingly as well.

In terms of reward level points and how the month is assessed it will be based on Premier caps if I heard her correctly. She was possibly contradicting herself in the phone call today but I really didn't have time to debate how it's all going to play out. Either way from what I saw on the Calculator page I should retain RL5 even on PC. I hope it's not a ball ache to work out what's what when next month's eBucks allocation happens.

New PC cards will take a few days to get to me, how long do the old Premier cards work until and is there any downside to using them even into next month? I suppose that would just be asking for trouble so might as well use the PC cards once I have them in hand.
They don't know what they are talking about. You will get your full allocation based on the new account rules and spend.

Awesum

Expert Member
That makes the upgrade properly worth it.

Do you have much of a buffer for level 5 on PW though?

14000 points needed for L5 on PC
16000 points needed for L5 on PW
I have a small buffer and I should be good till the next rule change. I'll review it then and decide if I should downgrade or stay on PW.

RenaldoJ21

I upgraded last month after the eBucks allocation. They did not ask for proof of salary because they offered me the upgrade, I didn't ask for it.
I earned eB3.5k last month.
Did you get the credit card offer or both cc and cheque account offer?I only gotbthe credit card offer and im worriedvthey might not upgrade my cheque acc aswell

airborne

Executive Member
Thank you very much thats great news!

The way I see it, may as well use 40% discount on prepaid elec, and the money that I would have used for it, can go into a savings for whatever next item I want to buy. Which makes it technically 40% discount on that item, except it can be from anywhere and not limited to the ebucks store or whatever random voucher is available. Obviously, as long as the dischem 40% discount holds up.
Looks like Dischem vouchers will soon go the way of checkers :(

Awesum

Expert Member
Did you get the credit card offer or both cc and cheque account offer?I only gotbthe credit card offer and im worriedvthey might not upgrade my cheque acc aswell
They called me and offered the upgrade. I can't remember if they specified CC only but they upgraded both because I was on the bundled option.

airborne

Executive Member
Even if it's not, Dischem are not profiting much from these transactions, same as Checkers were not benefitting from the account payments using vouchers.
They aren't profiting at all, when people do this prepaid electricity thing Dchem is sponsoring people's electricity bills to the tune of probably around 35%, they are taking it straight on the chin, basically like handing out cash and we all know how keen businesses are to do that...

The discount vouchers only work to retailers advantage when they are used to buy goods from the store, their markup is offset by the voucher discount but in the majority of instances not totally nullified.

Checkers got taken to the cleaners and where did that get us?

airborne

Executive Member
Are you joking? In the past 10 people could buy R120k plus checkers now you have 10 people buying about R10k I doubt its going anywhere.
Are you slightly retarded?
No business is going to be willingly handing out free electricity subsidies, so unless they can block the use of the wicodes for unipin, which I doubt because that means the legitimate usability of wicodes by all their other customers will be compromised they will naturally decide to opt out of the discounted ebucks vouchers.

With the low limits there is a possibility that we'll be seeing Checkers and Makro vouchers again.
Can't see Checkers ever coming back on board, how will they ensure their discounted wicodes don't get used to subsidise purchases from other businesses via the money market etc?

People learn your lesson from Checkers, don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Snyper564

Expert Member
Are you slightly retarded?
No business is going to be willingly handing out free electricity subsidies, so unless they can block the use of the wicodes for unipin, which I doubt because that means the legitimate usability of wicodes by all their other customers will be compromised they will naturally decide to opt out of the discounted ebucks vouchers.

Can't see Checkers ever coming back on board, how will they ensure their discounted wicodes don't get used to subsidise purchases from other businesses via the money market etc?

People learn your lesson from Checkers, don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
Cool. Then atleast all the people can get their heart meds subsidised. Med electricity whatever

weneeedmorepills

I like how people on this group think if they say dont do it people that has been getting 40 % off will stop doing it...... come on guys.... lets get back to the real topic.... boost EB's

Snyper564

Expert Member
I like how people on this group think if they say dont do it people that has been getting 40 % off will stop doing it...... come on guys.... lets get back to the real topic.... boost EB's
Nothing more to say... Honestly don't understand its all discussed every tip etc... Nothing more to say