Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soprono

Expert Member
I agree and I normally book direct with BA but had over R10K of ebucks to use

Sell those and use the cash from there to book for cheaper flights on another site :) My motto.

I saved my years eBucks for the Black Friday sale and sold the rest as nothing attracted me or pushed me enough to keep it, paid for most of my travels planned for next year already.

Salmank

Sell those and use the cash from there to book for cheaper flights on another site :) My motto.

I saved my years eBucks for the Black Friday sale and sold the rest as nothing attracted me or pushed me enough to keep it, paid for most of my travels planned for next year already.

Then use your card online to get more ebucks plus free Travel Insurance...

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Somewhat off topic, a secondary PC credit card on my profile was lost (probably at Checkers) and I've temporarily blocked the card. Even if it's found and returned, it's probably not worth the risk to unblock it and keep using it since anyone and their dog could have taken the details off their or skimmed the card. Better to cancel and order a new one right?

Snyper564

Honorary Master
Somewhat off topic, a secondary PC credit card on my profile was lost (probably at Checkers) and I've temporarily blocked the card. Even if it's found and returned, it's probably not worth the risk to unblock it and keep using it since anyone and their dog could have taken the details off their or skimmed the card. Better to cancel and order a new one right?
Right. not worth the risk...

Jasop

don't forget to update any online services being paid using that card's details with the new card details when it's replaced

Speedster

Honorary Master
Replace it. You get a couple of free replacements each year

Salmank

Thanks all, card is cancelled and new one ordered as my PC banker advised the same this afternoon.

@Jasop, not using it for any recurring online services so nothing to do there :)

You havea banker that answers??:unsure:

And that too, when half the country is on holiday :eek:

Lucky you....

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
You havea banker that answers??:unsure:

And that too, when half the country is on holiday :eek:

Lucky you....
Yeah, he's actually standing in for my actual banker who is on vacation.

You can always request a change? On Premier (back in the day) and PC I've had a decent experience with most of my bankers.

abudabi

Expert Member
With my recent upgrade to PW I've lost faith in my new banker. Presales was great and rapid responses to my questions. Then they scewed up my accounts/cards (RMB vs FNB / normal vs fusion / no secondary card etc.) when I upgraded. Then after all that was resolved, I sent them a mail requesting a few things... and they palmed me off onto the suite... which still hasn't asnwered my questions.

Plus I did not get the points for having a spousal account so I dropped a level. I logged it through them and basically their attitude is: don't call us / we'll call you when we have news.

So yah, never thought I'd say this but missing my PC banker.

TedLasso

Expert Member
Question. Does anyone know for certain when the debit orders for credit card / home loans will be taken for December 2018. I assume it will be 31/12 as it's a Monday. Waiting to transfer money into my current account for payments until the last possible day as it's a big sum that I need to pay on my CC / home loan this month.

All that money to pay the CC is currently sitting in my HL account to save interest on the loan

Cheers

Jasop

With my recent upgrade to PW I've lost faith in my new banker. Presales was great and rapid responses to my questions. Then they scewed up my accounts/cards (RMB vs FNB / normal vs fusion / no secondary card etc.) when I upgraded. Then after all that was resolved, I sent them a mail requesting a few things... and they palmed me off onto the suite... which still hasn't asnwered my questions.

Plus I did not get the points for having a spousal account so I dropped a level. I logged it through them and basically their attitude is: don't call us / we'll call you when we have news.

So yah, never thought I'd say this but missing my PC banker.

I hounded them telephonically, with daily follow ups until all my issues were resolved. Thankfully everything got resolved within the upgrade month.

TedLasso

Expert Member
Was contacted by PC call center asking me to upgrade from premier to PC. The guy said I would be entitled to lower credit card interest rates (but since I pay full amount off each month - not a benefit) and also home loan interest rates. That could be useful. Has anyone upgraded from premier to PC and actually got reduced HL rates? I am currently on prime -0.5. thx

uzairb

My Samsung smart TV gave up yesterday and needs replacement. There is only 1 tv on the ebucks store. Its a Panasonic 55’ Smart tv at 40% off.
Anybody has this, hows the experience? Or know if its worth it? Thanks in advance.
d9c3e22d62b9e134d6a97889c7cf76e4.jpg

Snyper564

Honorary Master
My Samsung smart TV gave up yesterday and needs replacement. There is only 1 tv on the ebucks store. Its a Panasonic 55’ Smart tv at 40% off.
Anybody has this, hows the experience? Or know if its worth it? Thanks in advance.
Just Google reviews also to check prices etc

GrootBaas

Expert Member
Mine doesn't even show that TV. The whole category is empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.