Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snyper564

Honorary Master
Yep. The changes will likely target the abuse. Ie checkers spend, grocer spend, normal spend and online spend.

LOL you just covered every possible way you can use your credit card. Are we moving to earning ebucks on cash spend :p

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Fixing the point of sale to exclude bills for 15% earn would be a better solution in the long run.

That would mean checkers have to fix it, they just could not be arsed to do that lol

They don't even bother updating there card terminals.

hellfire

Honorary Master
I do see a change in the Priority Pass membership rules (on Private Clients).
I was ordering my new card today and saw the following message come up (to which one must agree to continue):
Priority Pass Membership
  • In order to qualify for your complimentary Priority Pass Membership you need to order the Priority Pass card online
  • Complimentary pass entrances only applies to international lounges outside of South Africa borders. Entries within South Africa will be billed to your account at USD 27 per entrance per person
  • Entries which exceed the number of complimentary visits available will be billed to your account at USD 27 per entrance per person

I've used my Priority Pass card to get into SA lounges previously, with no charge. Any idea when that rule came to be?

Tinuva

The Magician
I was ordering my new card today and saw the following message come up (to which one must agree to continue):

I've used my Priority Pass card to get into SA lounges previously, with no charge. Any idea when that rule came to be?

So physically duty-free is inside SA borders geographyically, but is it also legally?

But sux. JNB has international slow lounge, but CPT doesnt =/

hellfire

Honorary Master
So physically duty-free is inside SA borders geographyically, but is it also legally?

But sux. JNB has international slow lounge, but CPT doesnt =/

The smaller airports have no slow lounges (Bloem, George, etc) but do have Bidvest lounges where a Priority Pass card could be used

Snyper564

Honorary Master

This rule has been around since atleast jan. I remember seeing it back thwn

GrootBaas

Expert Member

This rule definitely already existed 2 months ago when I upgraded to PC, so don't think it's new at all. I actually emailed eBucks asking about it and then telling them it's BS as I have to sit outside the international lounge in CT while my colleagues with ABSA can go in.

Someone here mentioned that they were caught out on this rule where they got charged for visiting the international lounge in CT thinking it will be free.

cozinsky

Expert Member
Yep. The changes will likely target the abuse. Ie checkers spend, grocer spend, normal spend and online spend.

Unfortunately, there has been abuse of the rules with people boasting how they earn eBucks from paying bills at Checkers. I am afraid that because of these abusers, the reins will be tightened and caps will be reduced for all ebucks users.

hellfire

Honorary Master
Unfortunately, there has been abuse of the rules with people boasting how they earn eBucks from paying bills at Checkers. I am afraid that because of these abusers, the reins will be tightened and caps will be reduced for all ebucks users.

Maybe, maybe not.
If it were that important, they would have worked to fix the systems such that bill paying doesn't earn eBucks beyond regular swipe rates.
Bear in mind, this isn't a new issue.

Majordad

Lol... I'm kidding man.

So I heard rumours... will dish out for free. Don't know if it's true or not but they are pretty reliable and the rules aren't final so could still change between now and the first.

1. Checkers cap @ R2k spend across the board.
2. Fuel cap @ R2k.
3. Voucher cap @ R2k.
4. Engen earn rate potentially higher than other fuel.

One other big change for RMB / PW.... send me that voucher guys....

Private is already capped @ 20%, of spend.

TheWall

I got bitten by this. There was suddenly a R927 charge on my card. I had to put up a fight but they are refunding me. Seached my mail and i was only informed about that after the last time i used priority pass and got charged.

Was not happy.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan

Well the whole idea of a reward programme is to reward you for specific behaviours. So they actually wanted people to use their CC and spend online, spend on fuel and spend at Checkers.

beefymoocow

Expert Member
Well the whole idea of a reward programme is to reward you for specific behaviours. So they actually wanted people to use their CC and spend online, spend on fuel and spend at Checkers.

I’m not saying they will stop that. I’m saying they will reduce the caps. So what they will do is calculate the average spend at checkers and place a cap above the average spend. This will target the abusers and high earners and keep the majority happy.

whatwhat

Executive Member

Been there for a while, I think it's because Priority Pass is an outside company it's just hard to work out what is free vs what goes against your allocation.

Why not just use your FNB card for all lounges in SA (including the international SLOW lounge?)

whatwhat

Executive Member
Not really. Got some insider feedback from a friend. Apparently eB team are more concerned about abuse than competition... apparently 43 users have been flagged and their behaviour was broken down. One guy used R24k in Checkers vouchers in a single transaction.

I have almost a million eBucks, so if that MAKRO 40% ever comes back there will be red lights going off at eBucks HQ.

hellfire

Honorary Master
Been there for a while, I think it's because Priority Pass is an outside company it's just hard to work out what is free vs what goes against your allocation.

Why not just use your FNB card for all lounges in SA (including the international SLOW lounge?)

Lounges (other than SLOW) don't take a PC card

I have almost a million eBucks, so if that MAKRO 40% ever comes back there will be red lights going off at eBucks HQ.

You may as well spend it at Makro at face value. That discount isn't likely to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.