Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

cozinsky

Expert Member
You guys are happy that the checkers vouchers are back BUT did any of you notice CUM/OK/Poetry/TM are gone. What does this mean. I believe that checkers is now added to the rotational vouchers. Dischem are a given every month. But I dont think we will see checkers for a few more months.

This is an important observation. With Checkers not available for at least 2 years, we may see more rotations, including discounts on Makro vouchers. Discounted Checkers vouchers were abused as they were not used to buy groceries, hence they were discontinued. I see a similar trend with discounted Dischem vouchers being used to buy electricity, instead of Dischem products. This is certainly not the purpose of the voucher and amounts to abuse which may lead to the discontinuation of the Dischem vouchers. Just don't do it.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Once the vouchers are in our possession we can use it for what we want, it's up to the relevant company to circulate their limitations (if any) right? I'm trying to find Checkers limitations but can't seem to find one? Other then it can't be redeemed at money market counters on the ebucks website.

Immortal_Souljah

This is an important observation. With Checkers not available for at least 2 years, we may see more rotations, including discounts on Makro vouchers. Discounted Checkers vouchers were abused as they were not used to buy groceries, hence they were discontinued. I see a similar trend with discounted Dischem vouchers being used to buy electricity, instead of Dischem products. This is certainly not the purpose of the voucher and amounts to abuse which may lead to the discontinuation of the Dischem vouchers. Just don't do it.

At checkers last week. Money market supervisor said to me it cannot be used for electricity and council. I agreed and used it for egifts as egifts is allowed

Caldo

With the voucher limit, we will have a number of members requesting help with buying additional vouchers or offering to buy vouchers (hopefully no scammers)

Should we not start a thread for these request/offerings?

Snyper564

Executive Member

Nathan1082

I think it was mentioned that priority pass can only be used outside of South Africa and any use in SA is chargeable. I was not charged for the domestic use of priority pass.
That is correct. I made the mistake of using it at Durban airport. Most expensive coffee i have ever drank.

hellfire

Honorary Master
They're going to do it.

Snyper564

Executive Member
They're going to do it.
(X) doubt... The new voucher caps are nothing like what we saw in the old days. 1 person had 12k in vouchers so I seriously doubt they will go anywhere. This conversation has been happing every few months...

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Banks' credit scoring mechanisms and pricing models are very proprietary - they are pretty much the only competitive advantage they can have in the credit space.

Verde

Expert Member
Can you still buy a physical Checkers gift card with the WiCode vouchers and use them at H&H?

Jeffafa

Anybody else not using their voucher allocation. I'll pay 3500eB per R500 voucher. Please PM me

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Surely the nav money feature on the fnb app can assist with what the bank thinks is your credit score?

It seems that not all the Business units have the same credit criteria – to purchase a car, apply for creditcard/personal loan / overdraft is not the same as purchasing a property, as a property is over a longer period (20 years), therefore the risk is different

A noted change : No more a requirement to add a life policy to buying a house (FNB HL dropped that requirement)

Ruxin

How safe is it to buy ebucks from other members here or on carbonite? What precautions do you guys take?
Do you pay first and then they send the ebucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.