Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ele33

Like I said, it's been more than a month and they have not charged me when I used my priority pass.

Fnb stopped it's agreement with priority pass and moved over to lounge key. Current priority pass users can still use their cards until it expires. I think this is why I was not charged when I used the priority pass at the domestic terminal.
Sure no problem - its unlimited on RL5 for domestic anyway with FNB CC.

Also used my PP internationally and its not reflecting yet on FNB CC statement or eBucks.

Fader

Just to confirm, whats the max value in checkers vouchers a person can buy through ebucks in a month?

Snyper564

Expert Member
Just to confirm, whats the max value in checkers vouchers a person can buy through ebucks in a month?
lol depends gold R500 prem R1000 PC R1500 PW R2000.

Think checks will be gone next month and back in the future...

mrichard

If Checkers vouchers are available again next month, then I would assume it will be around for a while.
Checkers vouchers used to be there almost permanently, it was a shock when it disappeared. Also caused eBucks value to drop from around 13c per eBuck to 11c per eBuck or even 1:1 selling.

The new cap screws everything though, causing most eBucks regulars to gather eBucks at a rate faster than they can spend it @ less 40% vouchers. The best way to spend eBucks now is probably to wait for Black Friday again and buy something on the eBucks shop. And of course use your monthly voucher cap limit too.

Last edited:

Snyper564

Expert Member
If Checkers vouchers are available again next month, then I would assume it will be around for a while.
Checkers vouchers used to be there almost permanently, it was a shock when it disappeared. Also caused eBucks value to drop from around 13c per eBuck to 11c per eBuck or even 1:1 selling.

The new cap screws everything though, causing most eBucks regulars to gather eBucks at a rate faster than they can spend it @ less 40% vouchers. The best way to spend eBucks now is probably to wait for Black Friday again and buy something on the eBucks shop. And of course use your monthly voucher cap limit too.
Yip many ppl saving for black Fridays!

petum

Quick one, what's the best way to spend on fuel once cap has been reached?

Eg: pay for fuel using zapper etc?

Ruxin

THink you need to go inside and scan the zapper thing, but at total its not at Engen...
Yes, you must go inside. I used Zapper at an Engen close to my office. I assume it's not just Total who accepts Zapper.

petum

I recall something about being able to pay using zapper or similar at another station besides engen....

YaLiRo_M

Just for confirmation, Last time I checked, FNB Pay (Tap) counts as card spend, is Scan to Pay counting as online like Zapper or Card spend as well...???

Diderot

Does buying airtime on the fnb app with your cheque account affect the hundred percent rule regarding credit card use?

epah

Expert Member
Does buying airtime on the fnb app with your cheque account affect the hundred percent rule regarding credit card use?
Nope. Airtime/electric purchases on your Cheque card won’t affect anything

Jasop

Has anyone used Ebucks lifestyle for travel arrangements?

How is the service and affordability compared to other travel agencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.