Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayf777

Nokia 7 plus

Not sure what CSC stands for, but my watch is a galaxy gear S3 SM-R760

Samsung pay version 1.7.4606
Under settings and software version on the watch check if you can see XFA/XFA or XFV/XFV anywhere?

Where did you purchase the watch?

YaLiRo_M

Might be that my phone was made on a Friday month end in the graveyard shift. Tried three times, still doesn't connect my fnb pc card. It's a S9....

nivek

Executive Member
I think its card related, I just loaded my wifes card successfully to my phone..My card still fails.
Both FNB ofcourse

epah

Expert Member
Is there a reason Spot would suddenly ask for FICA documents saying fraud was detected on my account when I wanted to cash out?? It's not like I'm taking money out from a bank account.

I also get this message whenever I try to top up. Also my transaction limits have dropped from 10k a day to 2k a day.

Orbiter

Wow. I like the new clean look of the FNB website.

Edit: and it's really fast too.

Tinuva

The Magician
Wow. I like the new clean look of the FNB website.

Edit: and it's really fast too.
I like that the chat with the premier bankers now also available on the website. Though it looks like a mobile website now to me.

tehtorq

Meh - its a bit rough. No back navigation in areas. The giant loading icon which flashes on every page load is annoying. Plus they still have "maintenance mode" on Sundays which is bloody unacceptable as this stage.

Caldo

Hi guys... i did a i-pay payment today... just curious if any has done this before and under which category it will show?

At the time of payment, i was thinking it will be online, but checking the website now... looks like it is a tranfer.

If anyone has used the Service before, where was it allocated?

Brim

I also get this message whenever I try to top up. Also my transaction limits have dropped from 10k a day to 2k a day.
No longer using Spot. Realized I was only making about eb500 a month from it and it really wasn’t worth their nonsense.

Failed cash outs occurred 90% of the time and meant that your money just disappears from your wallet for 3 weeks. In the unlikely instance were the cash out is successful it takes another 3 weeks to reflect on your bank account.

Then you get an email confirmation saying they’re actioning your cash out request 2 months after the transaction has taken place (and all the money has been spent).

No more artificial spend for me.

epah

Expert Member
No longer using Spot. Realized I was only making about eb500 a month from it and it really wasn’t worth their nonsense.

Failed cash outs occurred 90% of the time and meant that your money just disappears from your wallet for 3 weeks. In the unlikely instance were the cash out is successful it takes another 3 weeks to reflect on your bank account.

Then you get an email confirmation saying they’re actioning your cash out request 2 months after the transaction has taken place (and all the money has been spent).

No more artificial spend for me.
Yeah I think I am gonna stop using it as well. It has become such a hassle now.

Freakboy

Expert Member
Just a quick one guys:

On Gold rules does the following one count for Savings Pocket also:
  1. Maintain a monthly balance of at least R7 500 across your FNB Savings Account(s).

Soprono

Expert Member
Just a quick one guys:

On Gold rules does the following one count for Savings Pocket also:
  1. Maintain a monthly balance of at least R7 500 across your FNB Savings Account(s).
It is a type of savings account so it should:

I personally hardly use it and would rather just open a 7 day / 32 day notice account for that type of stuff. My 32 day account runs in accordance with the eBuck rules and is there for anything in the future to come. Helps knowing it’s locked away at a semi decent interest rate and can’t just be transfer out right now without a penalty so I prefer that vs my savings pocket.

Freakboy

Expert Member
It is a type of savings account so it should:

I personally hardly use it and would rather just open a 7 day / 32 day notice account for that type of stuff. My 32 day account runs in accordance with the eBuck rules and is there for anything in the future to come. Helps knowing it’s locked away at a semi decent interest rate and can’t just be transfer out right now without a penalty so I prefer that vs my savings pocket.
I have investments covering for the extra interest rates at other banks, just needed to make sure about the savings pocket and that it would count towards the level increase.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Just for the lolz I accepted one of the app's crazy credit card limit offers... Fully expecting it to be a bit of bait and switch as soon as someone did some due diligence.

Nope. 5 minutes later, sms comes through with my new limit...

Jirre.

vancity33

Anyone using android pie on the Samsung galaxy s9+?

Since I upgraded to pie, every couple of days the FNB app disables the fingerprint login option. It's frustrating as my password is fairly long and complicated and typing it in on the phone is not easy. View attachment 617616
I have the 256GB s9+ and I've noticed since around about last week that my Discovery app does not allow default fingerprint access and it always did before. I did not see the link to Android pie because I bought my phone in Dubai and it already came with Pie. I have not upgraded since.

Filosofer

Just for the lolz I accepted one of the app's crazy credit card limit offers... Fully expecting it to be a bit of bait and switch as soon as someone did some due diligence.

Nope. 5 minutes later, sms comes through with my new limit...

Jirre.
It's a trap bro. A damn trap

Soprono

Expert Member
I actioned it every time it comes through / I get offered on my app. Iv dropped interest rates all 3 times on my CC after the “upgrade”. Only thing I don’t action is the account account type upgrades or loans / overdraft and that nonsense.

I’m now down to 13.90% Interest Rate on my card so I’ll accept that. Eliminates me having to call and run around looking for better considering my credit portfolio is only 3 years old and my age.

Status
Not open for further replies.