Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019

Sphinx21

No, it's 55 days, not up to.
I've never been charged interest on my CC and I aways settle it on the 55th day.
"Up to 55 days" is stated because this benefit really means you have 25 days from statement close before payment is due. If you pay on that payment date then no interest is charged. Everything charged within that statement period is covered until the payment date. So a purchase made on the first day of your statement only needs to be paid 55 days later. But a purchase made on the last day of your statement must be settled within 25 days (i.e. all are due on the same day). So the later the purchase in the "statement month" the fewer days it is interest free.

P.s: UP TO 55 DAYS : Was told that when i was charged interest on my cc after 30 days
- was under the same impression until i was randomly charged a couple hundred
and when i called they said :
Purchase made on day 1 of statement: Pay within 55 days
Purchase made on day 30 of statement: Pay within 25 days

NB: Fusion cards only get 30 days - because the presumption is that your salary is deposited every 30 days and would instantly cover purchases made in the preceeding 30 days.

Can anyone tell me about ebucks and your spouse. Whilst clicking around on the travel shop in ebucks, there is the option to add your spouse. How does one get the option to add their spouse to your ebucks account. Must you have the spousal card added to your banking profile? Do you earn ebucks independently? Hopefully this makes sense

safejack

"Up to 55 days" is stated because this benefit really means you have 25 days from statement close before payment is due. If you pay on that payment date then no interest is charged. Everything charged within that statement period is covered until the payment date. So a purchase made on the first day of your statement only needs to be paid 55 days later. But a purchase made on the last day of your statement must be settled within 25 days (i.e. all are due on the same day). So the later the purchase in the "statement month" the fewer days it is interest free.

Purchase made on day 1 of statement: Pay within 55 days
Purchase made on day 30 of statement: Pay within 25 days

NB: Fusion cards only get 30 days - because the presumption is that your salary is deposited every 30 days and would instantly cover purchases made in the preceeding 30 days.
So how do you know when statement close and open is ?

mrichard

if you redeem the wimpy voucher and don't use it within the 2 day, do you lose it or can you redeem a new one if it was not used?

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Re: dischem vouchers

Limited to one discounted R500 per account as far as I can see.

Noticed people saying it was already used up for the month.

Last couple months I can buy my one discounted at any time during the month.

Thereafter no discount on any further.

Snyper564

Expert Member

They always have a limited amount of vouchers availble. The usually sell out by the 20th. Its not unlimited and you can always check what's available if you don't log in.

The 500 your refer to is your gold cap its more on the higher accounts for example the prem or pc

Tinuva

The Magician

Thats correct, if you are on Gold. On premier I get 2x R500 discounted voucher.

franshorn

So I am over my Engen cap this month. Need to fill up today. What's the best option?
Go into the quickshop and swipe with a chocolate? Or which of them accept snapscan?