Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019

Asgard85

Just emptied out my ebucks account on 2 tickets to LA.

I love this rewards program!
Niiiiiiice.

I've been thinking about spending them on tickets too. I have checked the travel shop but I'm a little unclear on something since I've not used it before. Do the fares they show already include your discount level already applied or does the discount still come off of what is shown?

e.g they show R10k - would I pay R6k if I'm on level 5 or R10k?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Niiiiiiice.

I've been thinking about spending them on tickets too. I have checked the travel shop but I'm a little unclear on something since I've not used it before. Do the fares they show already include your discount level already applied or does the discount still come off of what is shown?

They show the full price on the picker. Your discount is calculated later on in the process. but NB - it's not on the full price. It's only on the flight portion of the flights, excluding taxes. Taxes for my flight cost more than the flights.

eg, One flight was R17k. After discount it was 13800... 8k was flight, 9k taxes on the original pricing

Speedster

Executive Member
Looks like i will only get my global account CC next week.
any idea if i can use priority pass without it?
QR code maybe....
I opened my account earlier today. I'm told I should have the card in 2 to 5 days.

Apparently FNB stopped the priority pass option and now work with lounge key. I doubt you'll be able to access the lounge without the card. Where are you headed?

Niiiiiiice.

10k , but flights dont require the full amount to be paid in ebucks. Some destinations are def cheaper thought this method. But I never got cheaper flights this way for Europe locations I wanted to check out. Flights mostly consist of airport tax which is not discounted through ebucks.

Asgard85

10k , but flights dont require the full amount to be paid in ebucks. Some destinations are def cheaper thought this method. But I never got cheaper flights this way for Europe locations I wanted to check out. Flights mostly consist of airport tax which is not discounted through ebucks.
Ah so it is only the fare that is discounted. Thanks for the info.

bar1

Expert Member
I opened my account earlier today. I'm told I should have the card in 2 to 5 days.

Apparently, FNB stopped the priority pass option and now work with lounge key. I doubt you'll be able to access the lounge without the card. Where are you headed?
Botswana, the delivery is scheduled for next week Wednesday.
I changed it to collect at the branch....hope it'll get there tomorrow.

Asgard85

They show the full price on the picker. Your discount is calculated later on in the process. but NB - it's not on the full price. It's only on the flight portion of the flights, excluding taxes. Taxes for my flight cost more than the flights.

eg, One flight was R17k. After discount it was 13800... 8k was flight, 9k taxes on the original pricing
OK, that makes sense.
Thanks for the info.
Enjoy your trip!

bar1

Expert Member
not sure why delivery is so long....when i changed to fusion i got my card in 3 days i think....so thought i am getting the global card today and when i double checked it was next week wed :-(

Snyper564

Expert Member
not sure why delivery is so long....when i changed to fusion i got my card in 3 days i think....so thought i am getting the global card today and when i double checked it was next week wed :-(
there should have been a schedule option on your app

ele33

Looks like i will only get my global account CC next week.
any idea if i can use priority pass without it?
QR code maybe....
If you have the priority pass card and its still active then you can use it. I used my priority pass card in December.

signates

Expert Member
Not ebucks related but I think I'll get a better response here.

Fnb global payments

I loaded a global recipient on the FNB app using the BIC, sort code and account number. Beneficiary was successfully loaded and I made a global payment that went through. This was yesterday.

Today, going to the website, the beneficiary is there but when I try to make a payment in the website, a pop up appears saying that an IBAN number is required and I must edit the recipient details in order to complete the payment. I cannot add a new recipient without it.

Is it a bug with online banking where you can only add an international recipient with an Iban number? In the app this is not required.

Sphinx21

It's come up before, but these are not actually all taxes. It's misleading, because it gets bundled as "taxes and surcharges" which we then shorten to taxes. The ebucks website also calls them taxes, but this is an inaccurate abbreviation. The airlines get the surcharges and the fare. Some airlines go so far as to call them "fuel surcharges", but the money most certainly goes to the airline. Why for example would you pay ~60% "taxes" on a ticket from Emirates, where the government barely taxes anything. I probably take this way too seriously, but it irks me to no end that we allow this kind of misrepresentation.