Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snyper564

Expert Member
Does anyone else get the feeling they are going to slay eBucks even further with the changes this year?
Not much left to slay to be honest, My 2c it will pretty much remain the same, they now have competition from discovery bank

Salmank

Does anyone else get the feeling they are going to slay eBucks even further with the changes this year?
I think if they do this year, they will loose alot of customers. If Nedbank or Capitec catches a wake up, they can exploit this alot alot

Speedster

Executive Member
I think if they do this year, they will loose alot of customers. If Nedbank or Capitec catches a wake up, they can exploit this alot alot
I'm not sure what a loosed customer looks like. Although they may lose some customers to the competition.

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
For those who bought (or are considering buying) the air purifier: does anyone know where to get new filters? I couldn't go ahead because I don't want to end up with a device I cannot get replacement parts for.
Most likely Alibaba. I ordered new air filters for my Xiaomi Robot Vacuum and it took about two months to get here.

Reactions: lws

adam88

You know, for someone charging a R250 delivery fee, you'd expect it to be a next working day delivery.
It annoys me that they also refuse to add multiple items to one order...
I emailed ebucks saying that my delivery jumped from R105 to R250 during the transaction. I’m sure I confirmed R105. The lady was useless. She just kept going back and fourth about how their devs could pick up anything, it was annoying because she didn’t believe me but she said she’s not saying I’m lying but she kept hinting that that I could’ve been mistaken. I just ended the call because it did not have a resolution.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
I emailed ebucks saying that my delivery jumped from R105 to R250 during the transaction. I’m sure I confirmed R105. The lady was useless. She just kept going back and fourth about how their devs could pick up anything, it was annoying because she didn’t believe me but she said she’s not saying I’m lying but she kept hinting that that I could’ve been mistaken. I just ended the call because it did not have a resolution.
A similar thing happened to me last year prior to the voucher caps.

App said 40% off but after checkout the discount wasn't applied. It still said 40% off when I queried about it but they made it look like I was lying and said the devs can't find anything wrong. They refused to refund me even though the voucher wasn't used yet and it was still 40% off in the shop :mad:.

zerocool2009

Expert Member
Only a hand full pro's use ebucks wisely to be honest if you have the stats ! FNB would gladly lose a few customers !

I truly hope the analysis showed a few things where FNB can get the upper hand again.

Related to bonds and ebucks. For the guys who are running to the ombudsman crying ! (guys, if you know the rule before hand, dont try to force it please)

Immortal_Souljah

Only a hand full pro's use ebucks wisely to be honest if you have the stats ! FNB would gladly lose a few customers !

I truly hope the analysis showed a few things where FNB can get the upper hand again.

Related to bonds and ebucks. For the guys who are running to the ombudsman crying ! (guys, if you know the rule before hand, dont try to force it please)
I dont think they would like to lose customers to discovery. Arise the dark horse that is moving all of its credit card customers off fnb and then every medical practitioner in the country already on the discovery network.

electrix

On the app, has anyone tried splitting ebucks payment and paying for delivery fee by card. Does the 40% disc still apply for the items?

Edit: i see u can pay the delivery in rands and still get the discount on the app

Last edited:

fruitbat

Expert Member
I'm impressed. Used the entertainer app last night, 130bucks off the bill. What a great benefit and it was SO simple! Hope it continues next year and beyond!

I'm impressed. Used the entertainer app last night, 130bucks off the bill. What a great benefit and it was SO simple! Hope it continues next year and beyond!
Its really awesome... i am.sitting on about R6k of savings with the entertainer...ebucks really seem to know what they doing these days, also hope it doesn't end after a short while like they did with the free devices for private wealth

beefymoocow

Its really awesome... i am.sitting on about R6k of savings with the entertainer...ebucks really seem to know what they doing these days, also hope it doesn't end after a short while like they did with the free devices for private wealth
I doubt they will remove it. It's hard to abuse the entertainer system. They already saving millions from the voucher cap. In reality you only saving less than R350 because you can just go buy the entertainer sub it's about R350. I'm sure FNB probably only paying like R100 bucks per user. So no need to worry. Entertainer will stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.