Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrichard

Funny the other day I asked for a R500 UNIPIN voucher at Dischem, and then the manager lady came and said they don't sell them anymore. Then I said I've been buying them for the last year. They then eventually rang one up for me. But seems like some people buy the vouchers and it doesn't work on their meters/area and then there is probably a lot of fuss to get it refunded or what not. I also noticed the UNIPIN available here signs were not at the registers anymore.
Nevertheless, that was about 2 months ago, I bought a R1000 UNIPIN at another Dischem like 2 weeks ago no problem. Well not no problem, you always have to tell the tellers "It's like airtime, instead of typing VODACOM150, mmust Type UNIPIN1000"

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
Funny the other day I asked for a R500 UNIPIN voucher at Dischem, and then the manager lady came and said they don't sell them anymore. Then I said I've been buying them for the last year. They then eventually rang one up for me. But seems like some people buy the vouchers and it doesn't work on their meters/area and then there is probably a lot of fuss to get it refunded or what not. I also noticed the UNIPIN available here signs were not at the registers anymore.
Nevertheless, that was about 2 months ago, I bought a R1000 UNIPIN at another Dischem like 2 weeks ago no problem. Well not no problem, you always have to tell the tellers "It's like airtime, instead of typing VODACOM150, mmust Type UNIPIN1000"
"What's that?" is the usual response for me. Canal walk is the only place I've successfully purchased a UNIPIN and every time it requires a manager to intervene.

mrichard

"What's that?" is the usual response for me. Canal walk is the only place I've successfully purchased a UNIPIN and every time it requires a manager to intervene.
It was in Canal Walk where the Manager lady told me they don't sell them anymore

4ftersh0ck

Quick question guys. Someone paid me the other day from their Credit Card account (that's what it showed in the proof). Is there any eBucks benefit/effect doing payments from your Credit Card account instead of your Cheque account?

I usually always just do payments from my Cheque account out of habit.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Quick question guys. Someone paid me the other day from their Credit Card account (that's what it showed in the proof). Is there any eBucks benefit/effect doing payments from your Credit Card account instead of your Cheque account?

No benefit there probably did not have any money to pay from cheque account

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master

none that i know of but i do use my Credit card to buy food and fuel
i need to spend R3000 minimum a month on it to go up 1 level on eBucks
i am on FNB Gold

cozinsky

Expert Member
Well actually there is. Cause 100% spend on cc gives more ebucks
Oh my soul! EFT transfers from a credit card doesn't count as credit card spent. It is the same as withdrawing cash from your credit card and attracts immediate interest. So it's expensive. 100% credit card spend means you only buy with your credit card, not your Debit card, not even for R10. Rather use an overdraft if short of cash.

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
Oh my soul! EFT transfers from a credit card doesn't count as credit card spent. It is the same as withdrawing cash from your credit card and attracts immediate interest. So it's expensive. 100% credit card spend means you only buy with your credit card, not your Debit card, not even for R10. Rather use an overdraft if short of cash.
do NOT use your credit card for online banking purchases, you will get nailed per transaction, use cheque account it is free :thumbsup:

EDIT I mean do not use credit card when paying for something on www.fnb.co.za

Status
Not open for further replies.