Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedster

Executive Member
Yes, double lightning bolt
Ah, thanks - that helps a lot. I get the double lightning bolt with both the macbook and car chargers. Plugging directly into the macbook's usb-c or a standard 5V/2A samsung only gives the one lightning bolt.

riddler

I just did log into FNB App, I noticed under vouchers and coupons that there is a message "you have no vouchers available to redeem" I had about R1500 (might have been R1350) worth of Dischem vouchers and they are gone. anybody else notice or aware of issues before I follow up with them.
Seems fine on my end

biometrics

Honorary Master

Speedster

Executive Member
The App gives V and mA.
I don't trust the voltage reading at all. Plugged into the Huawei charger it reads 3.9v when it should be one of 5v or 9v

Actually, now that I think of it, the voltage given by the app is probably the output voltage of the battery, not the charging input. It is a better indicator of remaining charge than of speed of charge as a depleted battery has a lower voltage than a charged battery.

Last edited:

Speedster

Executive Member
It isn't, unfortunately.
I had a friend with this issue - had to buy a proprietary Huawei charger in the end (after trying multiple QC certified ones)
Yes, double lightning bolt
Ah, thanks - that helps a lot. I get the double lightning bolt with both the macbook and car chargers. Plugging directly into the macbook's usb-c or a standard 5V/2A samsung only gives the one lightning bolt.
Update on this - plugging into my QC2 rated Mi Power Bank Pro also only gives the one lightning bolt. It's currently bang on 50% (although never been charged to 100%). The charger it came with says 1hr 29min until full, the macbook charger (also with two lightning bolts) says 1hr 34 min while the QC2 power bank says 1hr 41min so while there is a 13% difference between the two extremes it's not too huge in terms of actual time. Plugging into the macbook's thunderbolt 3 it says 2hr 50min until full, so that is a pretty big difference. While the macbook says it is only outputting 500mA the Ampere app is measuring 1720mA, so something is a bit wonky there.

What is also interesting is that I'm meant to get a full charge in 105 minutes, I'm guessing the estimated charge times are a bit off since its a new phone.

Last edited:

Nimz

Expert Member
Quick question

We have a Platinum Business Cheque account which allows for free lounge visits provided the criteria is met (100K income for the month)

What i'd like to know is, are these lounge visits only applicable to the owners of the business or can anyone use it as long as they have the physical card in possession?

Rocco1

I just did log into FNB App, I noticed under vouchers and coupons that there is a message "you have no vouchers available to redeem" I had about R1500 (might have been R1350) worth of Dischem vouchers and they are gone. anybody else notice or aware of issues before I follow up with them.
should have got smses with Q-codes on them too? so not lost unless you deleted them.

Snyper564

Expert Member
WOW big up to ebucks. Just got a call now and they apologised for sending the forerunner 245 as opposed to the forerunner 245 music based on the description
should have got smses with Q-codes on them too? so not lost unless you deleted them.
Wicode

Status
Not open for further replies.