Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Where can you get this? Make an appointment pitch and collect?
It's been five years so don't recall to well. But they supplied the documents. Once completed and witnessed you let them know and a courier collects. That reminds me I need to renew it this year.

Snyper564

Expert Member
It's been five years so don't recall to well. But they supplied the documents. Once completed and witnessed you let them know and a courier collects. That reminds me I need to renew it this year.
Thanks, if I get a moment this afternoon I will see if I can pop round and hear what the procedure is.

Verde

Remember the executors fee is 4% incl VAT on gross estate value.
If you have R1M in assets and R1M in debt, your gross estate is R1M and the fee will be R40000.
Gross estate includes life insurance policies unless beneficiaries are nominated, excludes retirement funds.

eehellfire

Executive Member
Remember the executors fee is 4% incl VAT on gross estate value.
If you have R1M in assets and R1M in debt, your gross estate is R1M and the fee will be R40000.
Gross estate includes life insurance policies unless beneficiaries are nominated, excludes retirement funds.
It's potentially a significant amount of money that your family could lose out on

Verde

It's potentially a significant amount of money that your family could lose out on
If you nominate a family member/friend as executor in your will, they will be able to negotiate a significantly lower fee if a professional executor is required, or go the diy route and save the whole fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.