Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Stevi

Expert Member
The rule includes 32-Day notice accounts

"Have an FNB Savings and Investments Account(s) with a balance that grows by at least R1 250 per month (interest and profit excluded).

Fine Print
This excludes FNB Tax-Free Cash Deposit Accounts, FNB Equity Trading Accounts, FNB Unit Trusts and FNB Fixed Deposit Accounts. Should your monthly withdrawals from your Savings Account(s) exceed the value of your monthly deposits, there will be no growth on your Savings Account(s)."
That's exactly what I saw:

Have at least one FNB Savings Account and maintain a monthly balance across your FNB Savings Account(s) of between
  • R5 500 and R10 999
  • R11 000 and R16 499
  • R16 500 or more

This excludes FNB Tax-Free Cash Deposit Accounts, FNB Equity Trading Accounts, FNB Unit Trusts, FNB Notice Deposit Accounts, Money Market Maximiser Accounts, FNB Money on-call Accounts and FNB Fixed Deposit Accounts.

Would the 32 Day Flexi Notice savings account count as a FNB Notice Deposit account?

If so, which one should we open to get the points?

JayM

Expert Member
Anyone else finding the international flights extremely expensive? Not competitive at all.

mr_norris

Expert Member
I think the kauai vouchers might still be updating. The kauai section says I'm on level 4, the calc in the ebucks site says I'm on level 5, and my ebucks earnings are much like the usual level 5 earnings.

t_girl

I already logged a ticket with the call centre.

I did a ATM cash withdrawal but should have still received points for spending between 80% yo 99% with my card spend.

I also have a revolving loan where I did not receive the points. The agent told me that I only got the points for having the fusion account as it was an either or and not both. I then asked her why they chose to use the points for having the fusion account and not the points for having the revolving loan and she could not explain and will log a ticket.

View attachment 699705

Should be this:

View attachment 699707
Same happened to me with the revolving loan. I thought maybe it was because the money wasn't out of the account for long enough...

cozinsky

Expert Member
You would only be able to use 1. so rather go for the R100 voucher and buy something as close to R100 as possible. no change given.

I pressed on redeemed, now it expire in 48 hours ... hopefully I can redeem again when I'm at the shop and not get a voucher expired / used error :(
I also pressed on redeem. Oh well, I planned to go the gym tonight anyway so I will use it tonight.

Snyper564

Expert Member
I think the kauai vouchers might still be updating. The kauai section says I'm on level 4, the calc in the ebucks site says I'm on level 5, and my ebucks earnings are much like the usual level 5 earnings.
I think these levels are not the same if that makes sense it uses two different systems.

cozinsky

Expert Member
I think these levels are not the same if that makes sense it uses two different systems.
Thank you for setting the record straight!! It has nothing to do with your reward level but everything to do with your spend on your credit card. The rule: To qualify for this benefit voucher, a customer must have spent 100% of their ‘’monthly spend’’ with their FNB/RMB Private Bank Fusion or Credit Card."

zerocool2009

Expert Member
Ok, I found the issue related to why things cant be bought via the phone, even that the amount of ebucks are WAY more

It is related to the caps on spending (the setup)

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
That's exactly what I saw:

Have at least one FNB Savings Account and maintain a monthly balance across your FNB Savings Account(s) of between
  • R5 500 and R10 999
  • R11 000 and R16 499
  • R16 500 or more

This excludes FNB Tax-Free Cash Deposit Accounts, FNB Equity Trading Accounts, FNB Unit Trusts, FNB Notice Deposit Accounts, Money Market Maximiser Accounts, FNB Money on-call Accounts and FNB Fixed Deposit Accounts.

Would the 32 Day Flexi Notice savings account count as a FNB Notice Deposit account?

If so, which one should we open to get the points?
I wish it was that low for me.

I have a 7-day account with 100k in it just for those points. Not too bad though, the interest rate is decent at 6.4% and the noticed period is much shorter if I need the money in a bind. Getting around R500-odd in interest pm from it.

IMO the extra 0.3% from the 32 day account is not worth it considering the admin overhead.

To answer your question, any of the notice accounts will qualify for those points...

Sphinx21

Anyone else finding the international flights extremely expensive? Not competitive at all.
Agreed. In some cases for their 40% off partners - the flights almost look inflated, so that after the discount they resemble what's on aggregators like Orbitz and Expedia.

Reactions: air

bar1

Expert Member
L5 it is. I think just scraping through.

Will check updated calculator later and make sure I get some extra points in there as a safety buffer.

11k for me and just grabbed the new Garmin deal on shop before it disappears.
Looks like the price dropped by about R1000 ......

JayM

Expert Member
Agreed. In some cases for their 40% off partners - the flights almost look inflated, so that after the discount they resemble what's on aggregators like Orbitz and Expedia.
Yeah, even after 40% discount, I’m finding skyscanner.net cheaper, especially for direct flights.

Concentric

Me too.
Earnings says 5, calculator says 5, but only getting 3 for kauai