Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Gamer

Expert Member
I'm blaming my drop to RL4 on me withdrawing R100 at an ATM at the office - for contribution to a maternity gift for an employee - so its a happy reason, however broke my compliance with the new ebucks rules.

Now i see i need to do this at a till. Does this mean when purchasing, i need to explicitly tell the cashier - "Hi, please can i withdraw R-XXX from this card pls"? If i do the withdraw during mid transaction it would come off my CC, which would accrue interest from that second, right? And this type of thing - you can do at a Checkers + PnP. Can you do this at Spar or any other shops? And its fee-free correct?
What account do you have? You may have other options depending on account.
You should use your cheque card for cash@till to avoid interest. The stores usually don't allow only cash@till, you usually need to buy something. I normally buy what I need on CC, let the transaction finish and then do a "oh no, I forgot to ask you to give me some cash, sorry!" and hand them back my card, but of course I've just switched the CC for the cheque card (some folk use difference pin numbers on their cards to avoid using the wrong one). They then just do a single cash@till transaction for me. Yes, Checkers, PnP, Spar. There may be more, I've used those 3.

kiepie

Executive Member
On the Kauai tab/icon, there is no voucher. I'm on reward level 5, 100% purchases through my CC.

Any idea why?

Bincx

On PC, and I got 1000 points for having an Islamic Banking account.
Wasn't expecting this as I didn't see it in the new rules. Maybe it is an error and will be removed at some point...

IslamicBankingPoints.PNG

Tman*

Expert Member
Be sure that your R8 a litre benefit is active - I just checked my SO's Ebucks account and for some reason it didnt pull through even tough I did everything on her behalf.

axsis

The stores usually don't allow only cash@till, you usually need to buy something.
I've never had an issue at Pick 'n Pay or Checkers doing solely a cash @ till transaction, only issue may be that the teller doesn't have any cash but there's usually one with.

axsis

Be sure that your R8 a litre benefit is active - I just checked my SO's Ebucks account and for some reason it didnt pull through even tough I did everything on her behalf.
As far as I know this is only rewarded once per quarter, so you won't actually get the benefit until the end of this quarter?

kiepie

Executive Member
I've never had an issue at Pick 'n Pay or Checkers doing solely a cash @ till transaction, only issue may be that the teller doesn't have any cash but there's usually one with.
With Checkers you can buy a chocolate, with Spar they ask for a minimum purchase of R 50.

Can't tab your card, need to use the insert slot

Tman*

Expert Member
As far as I know this is only rewarded once per quarter, so you won't actually get the benefit until the end of this quarter?
as another user has pointed out, it will still show under "things you did this month" if you are qualified for the quarterly payouts

Tman*

Expert Member
This is the problem. The Executor can charge up to 3,5% of the value of the estate, which can come to a hefty amount.
There is a very simple loophole for anyone wanting the points for an FNB will, but that is reluctant to pay the 3.5% executer fees.

Step 1: take out an FNB will - pay your annual fee, get your points
Step 2: go take out a new will at the provider of your choice AFTER this.

Upon death the most recent signed valid will is considered valid (it has to adhere to a few factors to be valid of course). All older wills will be null and void.

Just make sure your beneficiaries know where you keep / who to contact for your "most recent" will

Bincx

As earlier said you automatically get points for overdraft.
Cool, extra buffer I wasn't expecting this time around :) .
I think last year it was explicitly mentioned on the calculator, whereas this time its 'hidden' -- so I assumed they removed those points.

Snyper564

Expert Member
There is a very simple loophole for anyone wanting the points for an FNB will, but that is reluctant to pay the 3.5% executer fees.

Upon death the most recent signed valid will is considered valid (it has to adhere to a few factors to be valid of course). All older wills will be null and void.

Just make sure your beneficiaries know where you keep / who to contact for your "most recent" will
You do realise that in your terms etc that you sign you have to inform them if you do this...

zerocool2009

Expert Member

Watch out for KARMA hey ! Its a bitch ! ... But honestly (read the small print)