Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Dylan_G

Expert Member
Seems from today onwards, FNB has implemented the manual login requirement. I absolutely hate it. It is not only an inconvenience but my 22seven app won't update the FNB accounts anymore. I wonder which peanut at FNB came up with this ridiculous idea. Is there any workaround this, especially with the 22seven app?
Oh man this sucks.

vancity33

Seems from today onwards, FNB has implemented the manual login requirement. I absolutely hate it. It is not only an inconvenience but my 22seven app won't update the FNB accounts anymore. I wonder which peanut at FNB came up with this ridiculous idea. Is there any workaround this, especially with the 22seven app?
Hmmm...but I can still sign into the app with my fingerprint on Android?

Dylan_G

Expert Member
Seems from today onwards, FNB has implemented the manual login requirement on their website. I absolutely hate it. It is not only an inconvenience but my 22seven app won't update the FNB accounts anymore. I wonder which peanut at FNB came up with this ridiculous idea. Is there any workaround this, especially with the 22seven app?
22Seven are investigating.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
It's actually not a ridiculous idea at all.
I would never save my banking credentials in my browser.

The 22 seven thing is an issue though.
I hope you have set up a read-only login for that??

electrix

Ok, quickly read up, for fusion, free delivery

For Premier and PC :

Card and cheque book delivery fee Standard delivery (delivery between 8am-5pm) => Free
Scheduled delivery (specified date and timeslot) => R110
FNB Branch delivery => Free
Takealot delivery team called me for delivery of my fnb card and advised no charge if they couriered to me, and if i collected at my nearest bank a fee will apply

wtg

Tried the ebucks flights thing today - only to realise your family only gets discounts if wife and you are on private banking + child must be > 2years old.

zerocool2009

Expert Member
Takealot delivery team called me for delivery of my fnb card and advised no charge if they couriered to me, and if i collected at my nearest bank a fee will apply
Then their product / pricing information is totally a mess l o l

DinoPat

Seems from today onwards, FNB has implemented the manual login requirement on their website. I absolutely hate it. It is not only an inconvenience but my 22seven app won't update the FNB accounts anymore. I wonder which peanut at FNB came up with this ridiculous idea. Is there any workaround this, especially with the 22seven app?
Its such bull - can’t use password manager either. So instead of a random 64 character secure password I now have to make it something simple enough that I can remember that’s easier to guess!! Defeating the purpose of a secure password. And I would change it every few months as well - won’t be able to do easily now before running out of options that I remember.

Filosofer

Tried the ebucks flights thing today - only to realise your family only gets discounts if wife and you are on private banking + child must be > 2years old.
I booked discounted flights a few days back. Wife and I have Premier accounts and 4yo child has a FNBy transact account. All discounted at 40%

wtg

I booked discounted flights a few days back. Wife and I have Premier accounts and 4yo child has a FNBy transact account. All discounted at 40%
Thanks for your feedback. Is it with Safair?
At what point was the discount shown? As I went quite deep into the process and did not see any discount, so I backed out.
Maybe I lose the discount because my little one is still an infant

**Edit** My bad, I went further in the process and the discount is shown at the very end.
Thank you for the help

Last edited:

Snyper564

Expert Member
Thanks for your feedback. Is it with Safair?
At what point was the discount shown? As I went quite deep into the process and did not see any discount, so I backed out.
Maybe I lose the discount because my little one is still an infant

**Edit** My bad, I went further in the process and the discount is shown at the very end.
Thank you for the help
40% is applied on base only not tax portion.

K3NS31

Expert Member
Its such bull - can’t use password manager either. So instead of a random 64 character secure password I now have to make it something simple enough that I can remember that’s easier to guess!! Defeating the purpose of a secure password. And I would change it every few months as well - won’t be able to do easily now before running out of options that I remember.
Use a pass phrase. Still a hassle, but at least it's easier to remember. My banking password is one of only 2 that never get put into my password manager (paranoia).

Eg. Thisis!aSecret,phrasE..stay345OUT

That's pretty much un-hackable, but really not hard to remember.

Sphinx21

40% is applied on base only not tax portion.
The rest is not tax. It's taxes and "surcharges" - aka still airline money. True taxes and fees on domestic flights rarely exceed R150 a flight.

This is the greatest marketing deception by airlines and travel agencies.

But for FNB travel all is does is create a great expectation and then lets people down. Who cares if it's in the fine print. Nobody likes overpromising and underdelivery.

DinoPat

Use a pass phrase. Still a hassle, but at least it's easier to remember. My banking password is one of only 2 that never get put into my password manager (paranoia).

Was also worried about using password manger for banking and was the last one I put in after using it for a while and I realized how convenient they are.

Thanks for the suggestion - I’ll most likely do that and also use mobile app more often than web because of biometric login (which is probably what they want anyway )

K3NS31

Expert Member
Was also worried about using password manger for banking and was the last one I put in after using it for a while and I realized how convenient they are.

Thanks for the suggestion - I’ll most likely do that and also use mobile app more often than web because of biometric login (which is probably what they want anyway )
Yeah, and biometric login via browser's now possible, so it won't be long before they enable that. FNB are pretty quick off the mark with that kinda thing.

cpu.

Expert Member

Guessing or hacking the password is irrelevant since you get 3 or 5 tries and your account is locked.