Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
No R4 charge per fuel transaction..
I bought fuel on a petrocard on 2 Jan and also 28 May this year and I didn't pay any R4 fee that I can see. My fees were 0.00 and 76c for those 2 months respectively on my credit card statement. The 76c I'm not sure what it was for... I'm on Private Clients if that is of any significance in terms of any potential petrocard fees.

Last edited:

BigBear

Expert Member
I bought fuel on a petrocard on 2 Jan and also 28 May this year and I didn't pay any R4 fee that I can see. My fees were 0.00 and 76c for those 2 months respectively on my credit card statement. The 76c I'm not sure what it was for... I'm on Private Clients if that is of any significance in terms of any potential petrocard fees.
Also on PC but will try again maybe they dropped those fees..

IMG_7167.JPG

IMG_7168.JPG

esmile

Tried it now using Adblock on Chrome, seems to be working. Can use 1Password to enter password again. Unless they have rolled it back again...
I think they rolled back. I tried it now, without using the ad blocker and it works

Tinuva

The Magician
I think they rolled back. I tried it now, without using the ad blocker and it works
Looks like you are correct. When I viewed that url yesterday, it showed, pilot:true. Now it shows pilot:false.

Probably too many complaints.

Nimz

Expert Member
They were the first merchants to get NFC enabled machines. They don't always let you tap in the forecourt though. And remember, you can't tap for more than R300 I think.
I tapped and paid for R600 this morning
Pin was required though

Sayf777

How does 22seven work, you share your password with them? I understand that they backed by Old Mutual but will FNB refuse to help if there happens to be some fraudulent activity and they find out 22seven is synced to your account?

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Also on PC but will try again maybe they dropped those fees..
Interesting, perhaps not all accounts are equal? As I said i already wasn't charged back in January this year so it's not a case of them making a change to how those fees might apply to me!

For posterity sake, here is a screenshot of me not being charged to use my Petrocard in May:

Pufferfish94

Does anybody know if you can spend the R100 Kauai voucher on things like their protein bars, biltong and nuts or is it only for actual menu items?

K3NS31

Expert Member
Anyone try this?
See the article on MyBB today - "
Virgillito said that FNB was worried about customers endangering themselves further by attempting to bypass the password manager blocker, and it has therefore reversed its decision to block the pasting of passwords.
“We note with concern the recommendation to install unauthorised software and browser extensions by some users in a bid to circumvent the auto-filling of passwords,” he said"

I finally believe in FNBspy. He's real. And he's here. Watching us...

electrix

Does anybody know if you can spend the R100 Kauai voucher on things like their protein bars, biltong and nuts or is it only for actual menu items?
If the cashier can ring it up on the till, you get the voucher value off the sale. If the due amt is less then no change, if more then u need to pay the bal in cash/card/ kauai app wallet bal

mr_norris

Expert Member
See the article on MyBB today - "
Virgillito said that FNB was worried about customers endangering themselves further by attempting to bypass the password manager blocker, and it has therefore reversed its decision to block the pasting of passwords.
“We note with concern the recommendation to install unauthorised software and browser extensions by some users in a bid to circumvent the auto-filling of passwords,” he said"

I finally believe in FNBspy. He's real. And he's here. Watching us...
This just screams "our users know more than we do". FFS.