Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

cozinsky

Expert Member
How does 22seven work, you share your password with them? I understand that they backed by Old Mutual but will FNB refuse to help if there happens to be some fraudulent activity and they find out 22seven is synced to your account?
22seven is safe to use. It is all encrypted and they don't even know your login details. It's also read-only access. They also have insurance in case of a breach for full refunds (which is unlikely to ever happen). I have been using 22seven for 4 years without any issues. It is an awesome app and free (in the past you had to pay for it). You can read more about the security here: https://www.22seven.com/security

Last edited:

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
How does 22seven work, you share your password with them? I understand that they backed by Old Mutual but will FNB refuse to help if there happens to be some fraudulent activity and they find out 22seven is synced to your account?

Login to your FNB online banking and setup a read only account. Use the read only details to be used by 22Seven.

gjm

Anyone on level 5 not using their voucher cap this month, please pm me if you are willing to buy Poetry vouchers for me.

cozinsky

Expert Member
Login to your FNB online banking and setup a read only account. Use the read only details to be used by 22Seven.
There is a guide for this even though I don't even bother with this.

t_girl

See the article on MyBB today - "
Virgillito said that FNB was worried about customers endangering themselves further by attempting to bypass the password manager blocker, and it has therefore reversed its decision to block the pasting of passwords.
“We note with concern the recommendation to install unauthorised software and browser extensions by some users in a bid to circumvent the auto-filling of passwords,” he said"

I finally believe in FNBspy. He's real. And he's here. Watching us...
People were posting the info on twitter and tagging FNB in the tweets so...

MattRoy

22seven is safe to use. It is all encrypted and they don't even know your login details. It's also read-only access. They also have insurance in case of a breach for full refunds (which is unlikely to ever happen). I have been using 22seven for 4 years without any issues. It is an awesome app and free (in the past you had to pay for it). You can read more about the security here: https://www.22seven.com/security
They do know your login details, encryption is bi-directional unlike hashing.

the eskimo

Pro Shop & Cycle Lab vouchers are discounted (and their annual sale starts tomorrow) (online only - not on the app, at least not yet)

PM me if you'd like to sell TheProShop vouchers in exchange for cash at say R375 for R500 voucher?

franshorn

Pro Shop & Cycle Lab vouchers are discounted (and their annual sale starts tomorrow) (online only - not on the app, at least not yet)

PM me if you'd like to sell TheProShop vouchers in exchange for cash at say R375 for R500 voucher?
Sucks that I already used my voucher allocation. oh well...

abudabi

Expert Member
Hmmm.. new discounted vouchers mid month... wonder if this is a sign of things to come.

the eskimo

Hmmm.. new discounted vouchers mid month... wonder if this is a sign of things to come.
I suspect this more to do with their upcoming sales rather than a sign of things to come as it was in the sale SMS I received this morning "... PLUS our vouchers are discounted on eBucks Shop."

cpu.

Expert Member
If someone have a R500 voucher from Dischem, I'll trade for it with your choice of Cycle Lab, Pro Shop or Poetry.

Edit: lvl 5

dcv

How does the FNB Home Loan rule work exactly. I was under impression that because I have paid off ±10% of my bond amount I am using between 65 - 94.9 % of the loan facility, hence 1500 points. However, I only got 500 in July. Managed level 5 still but way too close for comfort.

citizensa

How does the FNB Home Loan rule work exactly. I was under impression that because I have paid off ±10% of my bond amount I am using between 65 - 94.9 % of the loan facility, hence 1500 points. However, I only got 500 in July. Managed level 5 still but way too close for comfort.
I also had the same problem. It looks like calculations are based on available funds that is excess you paid in to the bond. If you haven’t paid anything over your normal installment then you have 100% usage.

zerocool2009

Expert Member
I can say FNB HL is working on this as well, not just ebucks.

My bug reported with the new allocation : What is an active bond ? Does it mean a valid debit order goes off (or must one prepay your flexi), this is related to the # of bonds (as they got my allocation for the rule totally wrong)

The fine print says : Active bond or 1-accounts only

Moe_G10

Sorry guys, this might have been asked already but can anyone tell me if there's a spend limit on ebucks earn for in store and online shopping like the checkers and engen caps etc