Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

droidx

Expert Member
Haha!! Really really not. And no SARS trick either. Just a simple donation to help with some medical expenses for a little girl with health problems. See how this steered the thread into an even worse off-topic direction than it already went into with my question.
Reminds me of a line from a song that really stuck:

The greatest form of giving is anonymous to anonymous - Jay Z

Good on you for helping out!

3WA

Executive Member
From the guru's : "There is no such a thing to capitalise available @#$@#$ balance"
Really? So you can't phone up home loans and tell them to take away your available balance and reduce the term/monthly payment?

Good to know.

cozinsky

Expert Member
Anyone know whether the FNB kauai vouchers can be stacked?
Me, wife and dad all have level 5 so thinking of getting a few wraps one evening using R300 worth of vouchers.... :)
No, FNB Kauai vouchers can't be stacked. If not used within the month of allocation, it lapses. The rule: "The reward voucher is only valid for a month until the next eBucks allocation day and does not carry over to the next month."

3WA

Executive Member
No, FNB Kauai can't be stacked. If not used within the month of allocation, it lapses. The rule: "The reward voucher is only valid for a month until the next eBucks allocation day and does not carry over to the next month."
I think he meant three people using vouchers to settle a R300 bill.

twr

Move to another bank?:giggle:

Have you tried the online calculator to see how you can boost your tier level? I copied the products I have now. To see how much I would be getting if i was at FNB it was a pathetic 759Eb about R75 a month.

Credit card and gold account. With savings and investment such as unit trust. No bond or car loan.
Mostly Fuel spend and Checkers spend as ebucks also caters for that.
I'm similar,I'm thinking about moving from discovery to FNB but I'm not a huge card spender, have no bond or loans with FNB,also I have to purchase fuel at BP/shell as Ill be keeping discovery insurance for the 50% fuel back which has been working well for me, so I'll also be getting about 800eb back :(

Sephiroth96

Any one that ordered the Samsung 55" Q7F had it dispatched yet? I've ordered on Monday and is still not dispatched.

K3NS31

Expert Member
Move to another bank?:giggle:

Have you tried the online calculator to see how you can boost your tier level? I copied the products I have now. To see how much I would be getting if i was at FNB it was a pathetic 759Eb about R75 a month.

Credit card and gold account. With savings and investment such as unit trust. No bond or car loan.
Mostly Fuel spend and Checkers spend as ebucks also caters for that.
I'm similar,I'm thinking about moving from discovery to FNB but I'm not a huge card spender, have no bond or loans with FNB,also I have to purchase fuel at BP/shell as Ill be keeping discovery insurance for the 50% fuel back which has been working well for me, so I'll also be getting about 800eb back :(
You guys are way off! I'm similar, no car loan, no home loan, AND no investment account. FNB Gold, level 5 for 3 years now, including with the new rules this month. I make about R700 / month in eBucks, mostly from Fuel and Checkers spend.

twr

You guys are way off! I'm similar, no car loan, no home loan, AND no investment account. FNB Gold, level 5 for 3 years now, including with the new rules this month. I make about R700 / month in eBucks, mostly from Fuel and Checkers spend.
Thanks but I won't be doing fuel spend at engen,I want to keep it at BP/shell as for the last year I've been getting an average of R650 cash back ,I can use any card or cash payment there , but I read that I won't get any ebucks for fuel spend at bp

K3NS31

Expert Member
Thanks but I won't be doing fuel spend at engen,I want to keep it at BP/shell as for the last year I've been getting an average of R650 cash back ,I can use any card or cash payment there , but I read that I won't get any ebucks for fuel spend at bp
Well, you'd get the credit card rate - 0.5% or something. Plus Checkers spend, you'll probably come out about the same if you maxxed out Checkers on Gold I guess. Maybe a bit less. Probably not worth it in that case. I'm just guessing here. But your calculation was way off - you'd probably still make R350 or more, not R80! Obviously not worth it in your case.

Snyper564

Expert Member
Well, you'd get the credit card rate - 0.5% or something. Plus Checkers spend, you'll probably come out about the same if you maxxed out Checkers on Gold I guess. Maybe a bit less. Probably not worth it in that case. I'm just guessing here. But your calculation was way off - you'd probably still make R350 or more, not R80! Obviously not worth it in your case.
R350 on T5 maybe the difference between the levels is crazy that's why you need to ensure T5 always.

twr

Thanks well as long as I can still fill up at BP/shell ,and not need a bond or loans with FNB ,I'll try give this ebucks a go,been with discovery cc for years but not enjoying their new bank offering,I'm below their spend band of R5000 P/m so I don't get their benefits,their miles program is on hold till maybe next month

zerocool2009

Expert Member
Really? So you can't phone up home loans and tell them to take away your available balance and reduce the term/monthly payment?

Good to know.
When a lump sum payment is made, you have 2 choices:
  1. Phone FNB and request rescheduling of the lump sum or part thereof, to reduce monthly repayment, however available funds will no longer reflect available and a Credit application (subject to affordability and rate review) is required to access funds again;
  2. Leave the account as is, repayment will not be affected, funds remain available and when you need funds you can transfer via Flexi facility. (If the intention is to reduce monthly repayment only, you can subsidise the home loan debit order with funds from the bond)

K3NS31

Expert Member
Thanks well as long as I can still fill up at BP/shell ,and not need a bond or loans with FNB ,I'll try give this ebucks a go,been with discovery cc for years but not enjoying their new bank offering,I'm below their spend band of R5000 P/m so I don't get their benefits,their miles program is on hold till maybe next month
yeah do your maths first, of course. I'm estimating based on my rewards breakdown. If I subtracted my Engen eBucks, and maxxed out my Checkers spend.