Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Sphinx21

Supply and demand. Not a lot of voucher cap selling going on.
Exactly! If not many folks are selling their cap, i.e. more buyers than sellers, then it should skew in favour of sellers.

But supply and demand isn't at play here. People are told what they should buy or sell at.

BUT. the seller is selling voucher allocation cap, it has less worth than the ebucks. At the end of the day the seller can just let the month pass and loose that months cap or sell it and it can be used. Its a pretty fair split for not much effort.

Also the ebucks the seller gets could be used in the future for 40% off deals so that the win for them
I like the framing of this as opportunity cost, but "Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it."

The folks who need to buy other people's caps are people earning plenty and sitting with surplus eBucks each month. i.e. just as every seller can't use their cap when the month is gone, each buyer cannot get additional discount vouchers next month by holding onto those eBucks, if they're persistently earning more eBucks than their own cap. They face rapidly diminishing returns. So this should swing the balance back. How much more effort is it for the buyer than for the seller to perform the transaction?

I agree that with the new app deals this means the utility of eBucks themselves has risen, but again - people still believe in some fixed price handed down from above. How are eBucks still going for 10c in a market where you can buy a macbook at 40% off?

My sense is that instead of an equilibrium price emerging in the marketplace - sellers falsely believe that they must offer the "guide price" set by the forum deities. Likewise a buyer will turn up their nose at any offer over the "guide price" - but this price fixing benefits one of these parties disproportionately - the bigger fish.

My 2eB on the matter anyway. As you were.

Snyper564

Expert Member
Exactly! If not many folks are selling their cap, i.e. more buyers than sellers, then it should skew in favour of sellers.

But supply and demand isn't at play here. People are told what they should buy or sell at.

I like the framing of this as opportunity cost, but "Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it."

The folks who need to buy other people's caps are people earning plenty and sitting with surplus eBucks each month. i.e. just as every seller can't use their cap when the month is gone, each buyer cannot get additional discount vouchers next month by holding onto those eBucks, if they're persistently earning more eBucks than their own cap. They face rapidly diminishing returns. So this should swing the balance back. How much more effort is it for the buyer than for the seller to perform the transaction?

I agree that with the new app deals this means the utility of eBucks themselves has risen, but again - people still believe in some fixed price handed down from above. How are eBucks still going for 10c in a market where you can buy a macbook at 40% off?

My sense is that instead of an equilibrium price emerging in the marketplace - sellers falsely believe that they must offer the "guide price" set by the forum deities. Likewise a buyer will turn up their nose at any offer over the "guide price" - but this price fixing benefits one of these parties disproportionately - the bigger fish.

Selling ebucks and selling voucher cap are two different things. If you look at carb you will see the most active market for ebucks and see they 11-12c now. In the past about 1.5 years about they hit 16.5c when checkers vouchers were still in play and the voucher cap was 12k as you can see the price has since adjusted.

Speedster

Executive Member

Nonsense. I've seen many different prices on the forum. I've been on this thread and its precursors for many years and have never seen anyone dictate a price. What has happened is that a market price has developed for voucher caps, but even that had begun to tick upwards recently.

Also need a Dis-Chem voucher please! Will pay R400/eB4000 for R500 voucher
I have R1500 voucher cap to be used. For all the vouchers currently available, Dischem/ ProShop etc. 3750eB/R375 per R500 voucher. PM me.

R4m80

I have R1500 voucher cap available for all the vouchers currently available. Only on lvl4 so eB4028 per R500 voucher. PM me.

Hackson

R300 voucher available here. Sold a R500 voucher at cost last month (for 3028eB) but since everyone on the forum hated on me for asking for a trade for my Wimpy voucher, I'll trade the R300 for 2250eB (lvl 5, 40%) and throw in a the Wimpy voucher with that. PM me.

skillet

What on earth are you doing with vcpay etc
I went to their site to check but I really do not need something like that. Just want to earn a honest eBuck when paying my Municipal bill using my Credit Card, not want to have a hundred methods and cards to try and do so.

skillet

R300 voucher available here. Sold a R500 voucher at cost last month (for 3028eB) but since everyone on the forum hated on me for asking for a trade for my Wimpy voucher, I'll trade the R300 for 2250eB (lvl 5, 40%) and throw in a the Wimpy voucher with that. PM me.
PM'ed you

twr

Sorry I know this isn't a ebucks related question, but I've been thinking of getting an fnb to utilise ebucks so I got this SMS yesterday

Get R2000 cash to help you switch to an FNB Premier Account. Only available by replying YES to this SMS. Std rates, Ts, Cs & rules apply. FNB a div of FRB Ltd FSP 624

Does anyone what the TS and C's is? I want to get a fusion premier account hope that will also be okay?

Snyper564

Expert Member
Sorry I know this isn't a ebucks related question, but I've been thinking of getting an fnb to utilise ebucks so I got this SMS yesterday

Get R2000 cash to help you switch to an FNB Premier Account. Only available by replying YES to this SMS. Std rates, Ts, Cs & rules apply. FNB a div of FRB Ltd FSP 624

Does anyone what the TS and C's is? I want to get a fusion premier account hope that will also be okay?
You do realise this SMS screams SCAM, this def cannot be legit.

I see this on hellopeter:

But it doesn't sound right though...

and this:

Sounds somewhat legit now, but call them first.

"Its not spam. I got the same SMS in December and again late Feb. Decided Investec was simply too expensive for too little in terms of regular, day-to-day transactions for mere mortals (buy airtime/electricity via the app, cardless withdrawals, etc.).

You have to transfer your salary and debit orders over to the Premier Acc and transact for 60 uninterrupted days, then you get the R2000. I was paid 2 weeks ago. Its not a scam. Just call FNB and let a consultant tell you themselves. I actually think I got my R2k before the 60 days were up. Its enough to cover 8 months worth of account fees - no brainer."

Last edited:

skillet

this is normal masterpass does the processing you can use VISA with it no issue.

Click on masterpass and add your card and pay.
Thank you very much. Worked perfectly. Last time I have used Masterpass was when only Capitec supported it on launch.

x32

I joined FNB because of this promo. I can confirm that it is not a scam. You need to switch your salary and debit orders and you get paid R2 000 into your account on the 15th day of the month following the switch.

I am on Premier Fusion bundle with a credit card.

twr

I joined FNB because of this promo. I can confirm that it is not a scam. You need to switch your salary and debit orders and you get paid R2 000 into your account on the 15th day of the month following the switch.

I am on Premier Fusion bundle with a credit card.
Thanks glad to hear it's not a scam, did you also have to do the 60 transactions? I'm not keen to have my salary deposited and move all my debit orders tho,as I am with Absa on an old account I keep R16500 in that account and I don't pay any bank charges

Last edited:

x32

Thanks glad to hear it's not a scam, did you also have to do the 60 transactions? I'm not keen to have my salary deposited and move all my debit orders tho,as I am with discovery on an old account I keep R16500 in that account and I don't pay any bank charges
No problem. I didn't have to do 60 transactions.

Reactions: twr

Snyper564

Expert Member
Thanks glad to hear it's not a scam, did you also have to do the 60 transactions? I'm not keen to have my salary deposited and move all my debit orders tho,as I am with Absa on an old account I keep R16500 in that account and I don't pay any bank charges
60 transactions? it just said 60 days

ZSK

R1000 voucher cap still available. eB3750 per R500 voucher.

PM me if interested.

Edit: Sold

Last edited: