Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Noisybottom

I was also considering going to Premier Fusion, but it looks like I would have to give up my CC or pay R92 pm for it. From what I can see on FNB it looks like you can not have a CC with your Fusion account. Is this correct or does anyone here have Fusion but still keeping their CC and not paying R92 pm for it?
I would like to not have to pay the OD fee every month just to get the points for eBucks.
I moved to premier fusion last month, I was told with authority by the agent who did call to do the move that all benefits of Premier remain, and the bundled price for the Premier Cheque and Credit Card is in fact R10 cheaper at R209 pm. So I can only take what I was told as I have not yet been billed/debited for the account fee. But I do trust it is so because I am sure I have read similar accounts on this same thread.

RobotWizard

I moved to premier fusion last month, I was told with authority by the agent who did call to do the move that all benefits of Premier remain, and the bundled price for the Premier Cheque and Credit Card is in fact R10 cheaper at R209 pm. So I can only take what I was told as I have not yet been billed/debited for the account fee. But I do trust it is so because I am sure I have read similar accounts on this same thread.
Thanks for your reply. So you also made the move from normal Premier Bundled to Fusion but still keeping your CC?
That would be great if it is the case, paying R10 less for the normal fee and then not having to pay the R75 OD fee on top of that. I'll maybe give FNB a call at some point and hear from them as well.

edit: R69 OD fee

Arthur AnymoreDonuts

Thanks for your reply. So you also made the move from normal Premier Bundled to Fusion but still keeping your CC?
That would be great if it is the case, paying R10 less for the normal fee and then not having to pay the R75 OD fee on top of that. I'll maybe give FNB a call at some point and hear from them as well.

I moved from FNB Gold to FNB Premier Fusion this month and I also kept my credit card which they said is included in the Fusion bundle price. My only concern was that it stated somewhere that the interest free term on the credit card was also just 30 days like the Fusion cheque account term, but the consultant told me that it is still 55 days interest free.

Noisybottom

I was exactly on the premier bundled option, cheque and Credit card, paying R219pm. I primarily switched for the 1000 ebucks reward level points as I was cutting it fine to maintain level 5. I use my CC for everything, in fact I lie, I use my Woolworths CC for everything (except fuel at Engen and R2000 at Checkers and online spend) then pay that account monthly with my FNB Premier CC. So the Fusion OD is not really useful to me currently but it might become so. To switch I logged into the app and chatted to the team of bankers who got the Fusion consultant to call me, once I signed all the paperwork they emailed me and sent it back my new card arrived within a couple of days via courier to my office. Easy!

cozinsky

Expert Member
I was exactly on the premier bundled option, cheque and Credit card, paying R219pm. I primarily switched for the 1000 ebucks reward level points as I was cutting it fine to maintain level 5. I use my CC for everything, in fact I lie, I use my Woolworths CC for everything (except fuel at Engen and R2000 at Checkers and online spend) then pay that account monthly with my FNB Premier CC. So the Fusion OD is not really useful to me currently but it might become so. To switch I logged into the app and chatted to the team of bankers who got the Fusion consultant to call me, once I signed all the paperwork they emailed me and sent it back my new card arrived within a couple of days via courier to my office. Easy!
What would the benefit be of using a Woolworths credit card. You pay it monthly with your FNB credit card, so why not use FNB credit card from the outset for everything?

Tinuva

The Magician
What would the benefit be of using a Woolworths credit card. You pay it monthly with your FNB credit card, so why not use FNB credit card from the outset for everything?
2 free coffees a month
free taste magazine a month
some free discount vouchers a month at ww
ps. There is a WWCC thread for these questions.

Noisybottom

2 free coffees a month
free taste magazine a month
some free discount vouchers a month at ww
ps. There is a WWCC thread for these questions.
Yip, to take advantage of their reward program, basically the R69 pm account fee gets offset by the cashback every quarter, and inbetween I get discount vouchers as well as the 2 x coffees and a taste magazine.

Method

Executive Member
Yip, to take advantage of their reward program, basically the R69 pm account fee gets offset by the cashback every quarter, and inbetween I get discount vouchers as well as the 2 x coffees and a taste magazine.
Your name though :ROFL:

Mogo

Before the switch to Fusion I was billed on the 22nd August @ R219 for the bundled cheque/CC.
I changed to a bundled Fusion/CC on the 9th Sept and got charged R131.40 as the "#MONTHLY ACCOUNT FEE" on the same day.

I'm going to assume that this will be readjusted at the end of the billing cycle. Let's see..

t_girl

Before the switch to Fusion I was billed on the 22nd August @ R219 for the bundled cheque/CC.
I changed to a bundled Fusion/CC on the 9th Sept and got charged R131.40 as the "#MONTHLY ACCOUNT FEE" on the same day.

I'm going to assume that this will be readjusted at the end of the billing cycle. Let's see..
That was a pro-rata for the cheque account. You'll get another one at the end of the month for the Fusion, and then from next month you should be billed R209.

StrontiumDog

Executive Member
Anyone know how to change the billing date of your account?
Credit card you change it by changing the payment due date in online banking, then the statement gets generated 5 or 6 days after. Cheque / Fusion account, perhaps via a similar mechanism? Ask your banker(s)?

McGuywer

Executive Member
Credit card you change it by changing the payment due date in online banking, then the statement gets generated 5 or 6 days after. Cheque / Fusion account, perhaps via a similar mechanism? Ask your banker(s)?
Thank you. Will try that.

Belix

I see on the app, under earn more ebucks, it has a catagory "Groceries spend total" that shows all my total grocery spend, rather than just Checkers (included spend at Pick and Pay).

Must all grocery shopping be Checkers? It seems you get zero ebucks for checkers spend over the cap, but if this is actually zero ebucks for all grocery spend other that the checkers spend, that would suck greatly.

I think it's already stupid that you get zero for spend over the checkers cap as it incentivizes you to shop somewhere else rather than checkers once you hit the cap - but if you get no spend at all, what are you supposed to do? Not shop at all once you hit your checkers cap?

Yes, I know, I should stop being lazy and set up a spreadsheet to check ebucks rewards...