Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Snyper564

Expert Member
I see on the app, under earn more ebucks, it has a catagory "Groceries spend total" that shows all my total grocery spend, rather than just Checkers (included spend at Pick and Pay).

Must all grocery shopping be Checkers? It seems you get zero ebucks for checkers spend over the cap, but if this is actually zero ebucks for all grocery spend other that the checkers spend, that would suck greatly.

I think it's already stupid that you get zero for spend over the checkers cap as it incentivizes you to shop somewhere else rather than checkers once you hit the cap - but if you get no spend at all, what are you supposed to do? Not shop at all once you hit your checkers cap?

Yes, I know, I should stop being lazy and set up a spreadsheet to check ebucks rewards...
Yes you earn zero beyond the checkers cap.

Just spend somewhere else. 15% is still incentive enough to shop there and go to pnp/ww whatever for the rest.

cozinsky

Expert Member
Yes you earn zero beyond the checkers cap.

Just spend somewhere else. 15% is still incentive enough to shop there and go to pnp/ww whatever for the rest.
Confirmed. Most of us do it like that. That is why it is important to keep tab on your Checkers so you don't exceed your limit. In my case it is R3000 which is less than half my monthly grocery account. Once the R3000 limit is reached, I spent at PnP or Woolworths to get the 2.5% eBucks earn. It's also nice to try different shops.

Reactions: air

Belix

Thanks. From the app it seemed all shopping was lumped together.

zerocool2009

Expert Member
I see on the app, under earn more ebucks, it has a catagory "Groceries spend total" that shows all my total grocery spend, rather than just Checkers (included spend at Pick and Pay).

Must all grocery shopping be Checkers? It seems you get zero ebucks for checkers spend over the cap, but if this is actually zero ebucks for all grocery spend other that the checkers spend, that would suck greatly.

I think it's already stupid that you get zero for spend over the checkers cap as it incentivizes you to shop somewhere else rather than checkers once you hit the cap - but if you get no spend at all, what are you supposed to do? Not shop at all once you hit your checkers cap?

Yes, I know, I should stop being lazy and set up a spreadsheet to check ebucks rewards...
Exactly what you are stating (an example of someone's EB app (groceries)).

She is on level 5 ....

Would love to get some input on this forum ....

Attachments

Belix

Yup, here is mine, only part being checkers spend, but totalled under grocery spend. I would expect just to have 'checkers spend'

K3NS31

Expert Member
But it gives your Checkers spend below - "R 2631,99 spent at Checkers"
Right there in the pic

eehellfire

Executive Member

Applies to Private Wealth (and RMB). The lower accounts don't get eBucks for grocery spend

StrontiumDog

Executive Member

<snip>
I checked mine now just in case, so from what i see on my app, it is misleading in that it lists 'Other grocery spend' and gives the impression that one earned zero for this. As my only other grocery spend is WW, it seems that I am earning eBucks for that under my "In-store spend" category.

Edit: I'm on P.C.

Last edited:

Belix

But it gives your Checkers spend below - "R 2631,99 spent at Checkers"
Right there in the pic
Yes, but it looks like to reward for the total amount of grocery spend of R7,346 is R300. Not just the Checkers spend.

Applies to Private Wealth (and RMB). The lower accounts don't get eBucks for grocery spend
Bugger. Thanks, that would explain. So no eBucks on other grocery spend :(. These eBucks rules get more convoluted each iteration.

eehellfire

Executive Member
Yes, but it looks like to reward for the total amount of grocery spend of R7,346 is R300. Not just the Checkers spend.

Bugger. Thanks, that would explain. So no eBucks on other grocery spend :(. These eBucks rules get more convoluted each iteration.
There are eBucks, but it's at 2.5% not 15%.
PW get 15% on all grocery spend

Belix

There are eBucks, but it's at 2.5% not 15%.
PW get 15% on all grocery spend
Thanks again. After some investigation, it only got effectively rewarded at 0.3% as the total online spend cap was already reached - effectively R14 worth of eBucks. Will check if a step up to PC is worth it. PW is not an option.