Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Jeffafa

Don’t have any cars financed but if I had would have gotten an extra 22k ☹☹☹ maybe I should get a car but not a bad month 33k saved towards black Friday the wife needs a dryer

Dolby

Honorary Master
I went overseas lat month and got the FNB Global. I've been on 40% since forever, so assumed the 4% .

But.

I've realized that being out the country means you're not swiping on your normal credit card - so I pretty much spend half of what I do in a month.

EDIT : Do you spend more on your FNB Cards, FNB Pay and Cash@till® withdrawals than the amount of cash you withdraw at ATM's and FNB Branches during the month?

This is basically swiping more on my card, than drawing cash ?
Where do I get clarification on this?

I'm 80%-99% this month. I don't think I've ever been less than 100% and not sure why :/

Last edited:

travcaine

HI, Ebucks calculator shows I have a spend of R11000 although CC statement shows a spend of around R20K, how does this work?

Also Calculator shows that I used my CC for 99.9% of my spend but I didn't touch my cheque card?

yusufd1

On premier how does one get the 1000 points for overdraft usage. Both the wife and I used 1000 for more than 2 days and got zero points.

ChezlinF

HI, Ebucks calculator shows I have a spend of R11000 although CC statement shows a spend of around R20K, how does this work?

Also Calculator shows that I used my CC for 99.9% of my spend but I didn't touch my cheque card?
I also dnt spend on cheque card and had 75% to 99% spend on credit card. Then I saw my Netflix subscription is going off my cheque account, changed it to credit card card. Normal debit orders dnt count as spend AFAIK.

travcaine

I also dnt spend on cheque card and had 75% to 99% spend on credit card. Then I saw my Netflix subscription is going off my cheque account, changed it to credit card card. Normal debit orders dnt count as spend AFAIK.
I don't have a Netflix or something similar besides debit orders going off my cheque account. I do geo payments from my cheque account though

Speedster

Executive Member
I went overseas lat month and got the FNB Global. I've been on 40% since forever, so assumed the 4% .

But.

I've realized that being out the country means you're not swiping on your normal credit card - so I pretty much spend half of what I do in a month.

EDIT : Do you spend more on your FNB Cards, FNB Pay and Cash@till withdrawals than the amount of cash you withdraw at ATM's and FNB Branches during the month?

This is basically swiping more on my card, than drawing cash ?
Where do I get clarification on this?

I'm 80%-99% this month. I don't think I've ever been less than 100% and not sure why :/
Did you withdraw any cash at an ATM?

Pufferfish94

Anyone used Le Creuset vouchers before? Can I load them to a gift card? Do they stack? Can I use them in conjunction with other promos in store?

I was hoping to get a bunch of 40% off vouchers with ebucks, then load them all onto a gift card and spend as individual items go on special each week.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Did you withdraw any cash at an ATM?
There?

Nope.

And here I draw a few hundred if I need it. Can't recall any high figure that sticks out.

I'll need to go through my statement in more detail

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Was at a Checkers yesterday and was told money market had been removed from the normal tills.
Can only do bill payments and loading gift cards at the money market counter.
Checkers 40% discount back?

Speedster

Executive Member
There?

Nope.

And here I draw a few hundred if I need it. Can't recall any high figure that sticks out.

If you withdrew cash then your points allocation is correct

KungfuKenny

Dropped a level on FNB Gold because I missed the requirements by 500 points. After checking the calculator it seems that I was not credited for having a linked FNBy account which is worth 1000 points:mad:.

Speedster

Executive Member
Dropped a level on FNB Gold because I missed the requirements by 500 points. After checking the calculator it seems that I was not credited for having a linked FNBy account which is worth 1000 points:mad:.
Remember to make deposit / withdrawal to that account every few months to keep it active.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Anyone used Le Creuset vouchers before? Can I load them to a gift card? Do they stack? Can I use them in conjunction with other promos in store?

I was hoping to get a bunch of 40% off vouchers with ebucks, then load them all onto a gift card and spend as individual items go on special each week.
I've used them before but can only confirm that you can use them in conjunction with in-store promos.
Never tried stacking them before

Solitude

Expert Member
Yay, my best month since I joined ebucks. That extra Engen ebucks are great.

safejack

Dropped a level , seems need to click on :
Do you view the 'Maximise My Rewards' tab or the 'Earn More eBucks' tab on the FNB App?

- A couple times to make sure it disappears from the new, had to do it again this morning, after the 4th time clicking on it after logging in and out it went away, so just make sure it does others you might have hassles like me this month

what is the fuel and shoprite cap?
Thought it was R2000
But see this : Maximum Rand Spend for Engen Fuel is capped at R1 334.03 per month.
Maximum Rand Spend for Checkers and Shoprite is capped at R1 334.03 per month.

Awesum

Expert Member
There?

Nope.

You are not supposed to draw any cash from an ATM.