Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Boogie12

I'm thinking of getting a revolving loan to get a few more points. Does anyone know what the smallest amount is you can get for a revolving loan? (Premier)
On PW and wondering the same. Rules make it look like you can take minimum (R1000) and still get points. Anyone have experience with this?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So I went into the branch to change my Gold account to a Gold Fusion one. I expected the worst, and my expectations were met.

Because I meet the requirements for higher accounts, they couldn't change it to Gold Fusion. She tried something which appeared to be successful at first, but in the end the system put me on Private Fusion. So now I wait for them to fix that.

It seems like FNB fall over when it comes to new accounts or current account changes.

At least the lady that helped me was helpful and tried her best.
Shouldn't have gone to the branch.

That was the mistake right there.

cozinsky

Expert Member
So I went into the branch to change my Gold account to a Gold Fusion one. I expected the worst, and my expectations were met.

Because I meet the requirements for higher accounts, they couldn't change it to Gold Fusion. She tried something which appeared to be successful at first, but in the end the system put me on Private Fusion. So now I wait for them to fix that.

It seems like FNB fall over when it comes to new accounts or current account changes.

At least the lady that helped me was helpful and tried her best.
But why don't you upgrade to Private Clients? If you have the income go for it. Your eBucks earn rate is higher and your cap on discount vouchers are higher. Plus all the other benefits (less KFC of course).

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
But why don't you upgrade to Private Clients? If you have the income go for it. Your eBucks earn rate is higher and your cap on discount vouchers are higher. Plus all the other benefits (less KFC of course).
Lots of hoops to jump through for PC level 5 now.

cozinsky

Expert Member
So this morning I played around on the online FNB site and noticed an option to upgrade my PC clients account. I went through the steps and was offered a PW account. I immediately declined it as I already calculated that it is quite tough (although doable) to reach lvl 5 on eBucks and it is more expensive. So within a minute I received a call from FNB offering me the PW account. So I just disqualified myself by stating that I don't earn enough (yet) for the account. Interestingly, after that their offer for a personal loan went from R70 000 to R300 000!

Mythical-

PC has the following as part of the account:
Free FNB Connect added value: 500 MB data, 60 voice minutes, 60 SMS’s per month

Any idea how this will work? Will it be added to existing sim cards and should you be on a specific package to qualify?
Is this only for PC? Do you have a link?

mr_norris

Expert Member
I drop many levels on anything other than gold. I have done the maths :(

biometrics

Honorary Master
Is this only for PC? Do you have a link?
Looks like all accounts get something:

FNB account holders who sign up for the bank’s mobile virtual network operator, FNB Connect, will receive free data, airtime, voice minutes and SMSes from 1 July, the bank said in a statement on Wednesday. FNB Connect piggybacks on Cell C’s network.

Customers who hold an Easy Account (Smart Option) get 30 voice minutes, 80MB of data and 30 SMSes each month. Gold and Gold Fusion account holders will get get 60 voice minutes, 120MB of data and 60 SMSes monthly on FNB Connect at no additional monthly cost.

“The FNB Connect benefits for Easy and Gold account holders equates to the monthly fees on the respective bank accounts and this is a major cost-saving for customers,” the bank said.

Premier, Private Clients and Private Wealth account holders will each get 60 voice minutes, 500MB data and 60 SMSes on FNB Connect. Easy Account customers can also earn R50 in FNB Connect airtime by spending R1 or more on Easy Accounts at Usave, Checkers or Shoprite stores.
https://techcentral.co.za/fnb-banking-clients-to-get-free-airtime-data/89917/