Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Nathan1082

"Use on average between 40% to 100% during the month on your FNB Revolving Loan. "

Have they reduced the minimum amount needed for a RL on PW?

Gamer

Expert Member
Can anyone explain this linked spousal account to me please?
I'm on Premier. Wife is on Gold. We're happy with that, but for travel discounts she needs to be on the Spousal pricing option on my account, right?
Does this mean her Gold account is linked to mine or does she get a new account number altogether?

ele33

Can anyone explain this linked spousal account to me please?
I'm on Premier. Wife is on Gold. We're happy with that, but for travel discounts she needs to be on the Spousal pricing option on my account, right?
Does this mean her Gold account is linked to mine or does she get a new account number altogether?
Keeps her old account only gets upgraded to your account type (Premier)

ele33

Ah okay thank you, so will she then need to meet all the Premier ebucks requirements instead of gold (points to reach level 5)?
Yes, she'll be on Premier and would need to meet those requirements. At least you both will get the 1000 points for spousal pricing option

Sayf777

So the consensus for downgrading is the same as for upgrading in terms of when it should be done? (Just after ebucks is in)?

Fcon_Vpro

So the consensus for downgrading is the same as for upgrading in terms of when it should be done? (Just after ebucks is in)?
Yes. Once you have your ebucks and your level, you have a month to make the changes so that you can try make it back to the level you are trying to achieve.

Gamer

Expert Member
Ah okay thank you, so will she then need to meet all the Premier ebucks requirements instead of gold (points to reach level 5)?
No, which is why it is a spousal option. The requirements are much lower
Yes, she'll be on Premier and would need to meet those requirements. At least you both will get the 1000 points for spousal pricing option
Okay, so one answer no, one yes. As clear as mud

Sputnik100

Okay, so one answer no, one yes. As clear as mud
Your spouse wouldn't need to meet the strict requirements to have a Premier bank account. The minimum deposit per month, for instance, is much lower.
However, your spouse will now also have to earn eBucks in terms of Premier rules, not gold.
You both retain your separate eBucks profiles, both on Premier.

Sayf777

Yes. Once you have your ebucks and your level, you have a month to make the changes so that you can try make it back to the level you are trying to achieve.
When I upgraded, whatever I done at the beginning of the month still counted on my upgraded account (debit order). Wouldnt the same count in this case? Or would I need to everything required within the 20+/- days after the 8th?

Fcon_Vpro

When I upgraded, whatever I done at the beginning of the month still counted on my upgraded account (debit order). Wouldnt the same count in this case? Or would I need to everything required within the 20+/- days after the 8th?
From feedback in the forum, spend and debit orders seemed to count if it was done anytime in the month.
Items like overdrafts for 24/48 hours should probably be done after the upgrade in the remaining 20 days to be safe.
No one is hundred percent certain and it’s been trial and error.
In the beginning guys were doing upgrades at the end/beginning of the month expecting ebucks to be smart enough to know their account history. The results showed that they didn’t get all their ebucks or correct levels and it was a big fight to get it sorted out.
Once guys started doing upgrades after the allocation, and did most of the level earning after the upgrade, they received the correct ebucks and levels on the next run.

Bincx

"Have an active linked FNB Fusion Private Clients Account/ FNB Private Clients Cheque Account/FNB Islamic Private Clients Account for Spouses or be on the Spousal pricing option"

Can anyone explain the difference between an active linked account for spouses vs. the spousal pricing option?

Sputnik100

I don't have a savings pocket, and getting one doesn't give you points. It also only pays max 3.5% interest whereas a Money Maximiser pays 7.15%.
You do earn points for having a savings account (formerly known as "savings pocket") as it forms part of your "savings and investments" just like the Money Maximiser account.
PC: You get 1500 points for having more than R97500 in any of those accounts (even combined) and get extra 500 for growing that amount by R2750 per month.
Alternatively/additionally, you get 1500 points for having R97500 in a fixed investment for 12 months @ 7,3% interest.

The interest on the savings account is, for most people, a fair deal and on large amounts very similar to the Money Maximiser. The max is not 3,5%.

Savings account -- no monthly or transaction fees
R1 - R19 999 5.25%
R20 000 - R24 999 5.50%
R25 000 - R74 999 6.20%
R75 000 - R99 999 6.30%
R100k+6.30%

Interest per month for R100k = R525

Money Maximiser -- monthly fee of R65 per month (can be waived for PC under certain circumstances)
R100 000 + 7.15%

Interest per month for R100k = R595 minus R65 account fee= R531.

The minimum of R100k for MM makes it impractical for us poor people and you have to keep that minimum balance to have the account open.

mr_norris

Expert Member
How are you guys applying for a gold fusion via the app? I only get premier fusion options or is the only way via the branch?
I had / have the same troubles, so I went to a branch and asked to convert my account to Gold Fusion. They messed it up, so now I'm on Private Fusion until they've converted it to Gold. Gtx Gaming said he phoned and asked them to change it (I think) and apparently he had more of a success with them.

I'm on gold, to reach L5 I want to change my Gold Cheque to Gold fusion. I still want to keep my credit card for the 55 days interest free and be able to eft while using credit. Would the best be to upgrade the account after the 8th to prevent losing ebucks? Do you need to pay for the new fusion card as well? From what I understand by reading this thread your account number stays the same?
I can't really answer most of your questions. I have come to the conclusion that whichever month you choose to change will mess up ebucks. I will do what I can to minimize the losses, but really I don't think it makes that much of a difference whether you do it now or later. I seriously doubt doing something now will affect earnings for May though.

Otherwise, your account number does stay the same. I asked, and well, my Private Fusion account (FFS!) number is the same as my old cheque account number.

JayM

Expert Member
You do earn points for having a savings account (formerly known as "savings pocket") as it forms part of your "savings and investments" just like the Money Maximiser account.
PC: You get 1500 points for having more than R97500 in any of those accounts (even combined) and get extra 500 for growing that amount by R2750 per month.
Alternatively/additionally, you get 1500 points for having R97500 in a fixed investment for 12 months @ 7,3% interest.

The interest on the savings account is, for most people, a fair deal and on large amounts very similar to the Money Maximiser. The max is not 3,5%.

Savings account -- no monthly or transaction fees
R1 - R19 999 5.25%
R20 000 - R24 999 5.50%
R25 000 - R74 999 6.20%
R75 000 - R99 999 6.30%
R100k+6.30%

Interest per month for R100k = R525

Money Maximiser -- monthly fee of R65 per month (can be waived for PC under certain circumstances)
R100 000 + 7.15%

Interest per month for R100k = R595 minus R65 account fee= R531.

The minimum of R100k for MM makes it impractical for us poor people and you have to keep that minimum balance to have the account open.
I already have a Money Maximiser getting 2K points on PW (with the no fee option), so the only local option left is to add a fixed deposit with slightly lower interest. It's R180K+ for 1500 points which is a bit steep.

FNB has an offshore account (Guernsey) which gives up to 4000 points, but that is quite a schlep.

andyvb

I have a few items requiring some clarity:

1. With the following new rule, do you think this means we no longer have to use cash@till to earn the points, as total of card purchases and cash@till must exceed ATM withdrawals? Previously it only stated cash@till must exceed withdrawals, thus forcing you to use it, however I feel the new wording means we may not have to draw cash at all.

Make sure that the total value of your card purchases (including FNB pay) and Cash@Till® withdrawals is greater than the value of all your cash withdrawals at ATMs and FNB branches during the month for:

• 80% and 99.9% of the total value of your card purchases and Cash@Till® withdrawals
  • 100% of the total value of your card purchases and Cash@Till® withdrawals

ALL FNB card purchases (including FNB pay purchases) and cash withdrawals (Cash@Till® and ATM/FNB branch withdrawals) made using your FNB Fusion, Credit Card, and/or Cheque Card will be considered for this requirement.
2. Can't remember if this has been answered in the past year, but if I wish to change to a fusion account, is it also best to do so after ebucks are in for the month, or does it make no difference? I am aware that for upgrading or downgrading this is important, but if staying on premier, is it necessary or can the change be made at any time?

3. With regards to a change to fusion, since I would have spent on the credit card so far this month, and would then use fusion later this month, do the transactions for both accounts get counted for the next eBucks run, or only the fusion transactions?

4. Also related to above, I may want to keep my credit account active for another month, as I have a potential Amazon refund coming in. Do you then get charged the separate credit account fee over and above the fusion fee, or is it also included free as with the cheque account?