Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Birtles

ok so they want us to keep checking, eish. I wonder if things have have gone on 40% off will go on 40% off again at some point over the weekend

“Customers are encouraged to visit eBucks.com throughout the weekend as discounted products will be on rotation.

Birtles

The items I want aren't even in the store anymore :crying:
Was hoping they'd bring back the queen-size beds they had on the app a month or two ago and the dishwashers!
i noticed they removed alot of items this week ahead of the black friday sale

eehellfire

Honorary Master
Loaded the Samsung 65" for 40% discount, asked me for TV license, added my number, it was paid up 2 weeks ago... Ebucks page kept throwing error and now it's gone and not 40% anymore. I smell a rat.
Same experience

8BitLife

New to ebucks and have a questions about the below:

The amount on which you earn eBucks is limited to 20% of your total monthly qualifying FNB Fusion Gold Card, FNB Gold Credit Card and/or FNB Gold Cheque Card spend or a total Rand spend (on Engen fuel) of R 1 500 per month, whichever occurs first.

Does that basically mean you will get 20% of your monthly fuel purchases at an Engen back in eBucks up to a maximum of R1500. In other words, if I were to spend R1000 on petrol at Engen in a month, I would earn R200 in eBucks?

SAwanderer

I'm desperate to get the DJI mini drone. I can't believe it came and went a few days ago. I really hope they have more stock coming in tomorrow. Although I know there are a few guys on here waiting to get their hands on one too!

SAwanderer

The amount on which you earn eBucks is limited to 20% of your total monthly qualifying FNB Fusion Gold Card, FNB Gold Credit Card and/or FNB Gold Cheque Card spend or a total Rand spend (on Engen fuel) of R 1 500 per month, whichever occurs first.

Does that basically mean you will get 20% of your monthly fuel purchases at an Engen back in eBucks up to a maximum of R1500. In other words, if I were to spend R1000 on petrol at Engen in a month, I would earn R200 in eBucks?
Correct, but that's assuming you didn't spend another cent on your CC(Total rand spend).

*Edit I replied without properly reading your post. If that was the case and you spent nothing else you would get R150 back (15 %, assuming you are on level 5). The 20% applies to your overall spend. So to get your 15% back on your full R1500 engen spend you would have to spend R7500 total, across all categories.

bar1

Expert Member
I'm desperate to get the DJI mini drone. I can't believe it came and went a few days ago. I really hope they have more stock coming in tomorrow. Although I know there are a few guys on here waiting to get their hands on one too!
yep....but lets hope we can all get one.
was hoping for the fly more version....now i will be happy with just the normal one.

Cpt.SpAce.Cowboy

No you get R4 back for every litre of petrol (if you are on level 5). Up to a max of R1500 of petrol spend. At the inland rate of 95 octane petrol.

So if you spend R1500. You get 93.28 litres (R16.08 per litre) So you would earn R372 in eBucks

*edit

So on a R1000 you would earn R248 in eBucks

SAwanderer

No you get R4 back for every litre of petrol (if you are on level 5). Up to a max of R1500 of petrol spend. At the inland rate of 95 octane petrol.

So if you spend R1500. You get 93.28 litres (R16.08 per litre) So you would earn R372 in eBucks

*edit

So on a R1000 you would earn R248 in eBucks
Oh yes, again I spoke too soon. What I was talking about was 15% back according to the old rules. Rather listen to @Cpt.SpAce.Cowboy . I think the 20% overall spend limiter still applies though.

sjm

Anyone else having trouble getting past the TV licence step?
Managed to, at the fourth time of trying. I suspect that the SABC licence validation process is falling over, either on eBucks' side or the SABC side

Sphinx21

Yup this one :)

It wasn't discounted earlier, but was now so snatched one real quick!
The problem with the drip feeding over the weekend is that it is a tremendous waste of time and means that you have to contemplate taking something now on a discount, or waiting to spend your eBucks on your ideal item that may or may not be discounted within the short window when you may or may not be on the site. So the dopamine hit of the purchase is completely suppressed because the whole process feels compromised.

Thanks to delivery fees, one is also pressured to buy a "bundle" of items rather than returning for each discounted item over the weekend. Someone should have just through the mechanics of this.

So on average, users are far more likely to miss out on their most desired items and have a disappointing eBucks Black Friday.

Sphinx21

The problem with the drip feeding over the weekend is that it is a tremendous waste of time and means that you have to contemplate taking something now on a discount, or waiting to spend your eBucks on your ideal item that may or may not be discounted within the short window when you may or may not be on the site. So the dopamine hit of the purchase is completely suppressed because the whole process feels compromised.

Thanks to delivery fees, one is also pressured to buy a "bundle" of items rather than returning for each discounted item over the weekend. Someone should have just through the mechanics of this.

So on average, users are far more likely to miss out on their most desired items and have a disappointing eBucks Black Friday.
To balance this I should add, these are objectively very good deals. I realise the post above may read a bit like a rant or moan, but it's just an observation. I'm usually thrilled to get deals like this, but somehow I've come away dissatisfied.

This is behavioural science stuff, small tweaks that end up changing experiences in totality.