Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

mrichard

They had the Garmin 245 (new model, was released like a month ago) on the Shop Now deals on the app, disappeared like 15 mins ago, probably sold out. The list price was R5,999 and then it said NOW R4,799. Which is insane, because you would pay R2,880 with the 40% discount. But I think they got something wrong, because the item was called "Garmin 245" and not "Garmin 245 music", however, the description did say it can store music which is weird. The music version cost R6999 at Sportsmans Warehouse. I think they might have confused the two. So someone might have ordered it thinking its the music version while it is the normal one?

Leaving the PW plan, the amount certified documents needed for channels island account is just too much lol
I Will still try open the account, but not going rush to get it done before July.

Busy sorting out life insurance and switching finance to wesbank, the R8/L is really going be worth while!

adam88

Normal account was easily done over the phone.

What issues are you having?
Because it is Islamic, it won't let me move because of the credit portion of the Fusion account also acting like an overdraft, I spent like 20 mins on the phone, I should be easier if I just move to Premier Fusion and then change it back to gold, might mess up my ebucks though.

K3NS31

Expert Member
Hey Guys, some questions please:
1. I still can't figure out the difference between a Fusion and a normal account. Do you still have a credit card and a cheque / debit card? Do you now have one account instead of 2? (I currently have Cheque account and credit account)
2. My wife has a credit card in her name linked to my account. (i.e. it's a secondary credit card on my account). Will I get any benefit with this on Premier? (if I upgrade from Gold, which I don't think has any benefit).
3. Is this different from a spouse account or whatever it's called?
4. What's FNBy?
5. What's the difference between a personal loan and a revolving loan? Been thinking of taking out one or the other and if it's worth it I may just do so and upgrade to Premier since that'll add mucho points, right?

Thanks for the help.

Speedster

Executive Member
1. I still can't figure out the difference between a Fusion and a normal account. Do you still have a credit card and a cheque / debit card? Do you now have one account instead of 2? (I currently have Cheque account and credit account)
2. My wife has a credit card in her name linked to my account. (i.e. it's a secondary credit card on my account). Will I get any benefit with this on Premier? (if I upgrade from Gold, which I don't think has any benefit).
4. What's FNBy?
5. What's the difference between a personal loan and a revolving loan? Been thinking of taking out one or the other and if it's worth it I may just do so and upgrade to Premier since that'll add mucho points, right?

Thanks for the help.
1. Fusion account is only one account. It is basically a cheque account (with overdraft) that allows for an interest free period on card purchases (swipes).
2. No benefit for this.
3. A spousal account is a separate account in your spouse's name, but with lower costs and ebucks qualification criteria.
4. A free account for kids added to your profile.
5. I have no clue

cpu.

Expert Member
4. What's FNBy?

Thanks for the help.
Borrow sample amount R10000.

A personal loan you pay off completely from R10000 to 0.

A revolving loan you pay but can always draw from again (everytime you paid back a certain amount). In my case when R1500 is available. Borrow say 10k and once you have R8500 left to pay, you can draw the R1500 again.

Edit: interest might also be different.

kmeister

This is gonna annoy me with the new R8 rule. Why would I put in R42.20 worth of fuel. Gonna have to keep all slips from July onwards I assume?

Orihalcon

Expert Member
Any difference in earnings and rules between a Fusion and Classic Gold account? Or are they treated the same for new point earning rules?