Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

mrichard

Remember you can use Dischem vouchers to buy Netflix, Spotify, Google and Apple gift cards at Dischem. Like buy 2x R1000 Netflix vouchers then you can effectively buy 12 Months of Netflix for 12,000eB (Short R28). Pretty decent, since they do not do UniPin Electricity anymore.

travelluminati

Hi... Very new to eB... If I changed my Med aid debit order to manual payment from my cc would it count as an online purchase?
It would if you could convince your medical aid to let you do so. I’m not sure mine would (Discovery). It’s worth investigating. Let us know if yours allows this...

abudabi

Expert Member
Remember you can use Dischem vouchers to buy Netflix, Spotify, Google and Apple gift cards at Dischem. Like buy 2x R1000 Netflix vouchers then you can effectively buy 12 Months of Netflix for 12,000eB (Short R28). Pretty decent, since they do not do UniPin Electricity anymore.
If you can find a store that still sells the Netflix vouchers that is. After the last dischem POS upgrade the vouchers started disappearing as the staff said it doesn't work anymore.

This was up in jhb if that matters.

travelluminati

If you can find a store that still sells the Netflix vouchers that is. After the last dischem POS upgrade the vouchers started disappearing as the staff said it doesn't work anymore.

This was up in jhb if that matters.
I bought Netflix vouchers at Dis-Chem Nicolway on Bryanston last week if that helps.

Brianandlisa

It would if you could convince your medical aid to let you do so. I’m not sure mine would (Discovery). It’s worth investigating. Let us know if yours allows this...
I called Discovery and they said if I pay the premium 7 days before the debit order is due the debit order will not run. Going to give it a try and let you know what happens.

travelluminati

I called Discovery and they said if I pay the premium 7 days before the debit order is due the debit order will not run. Going to give it a try and let you know what happens.
What! OMFG how come they’ve never told me this before?! That would be epic. Do you think it applies to all their debit orders. This could be massive!

travcaine

Anyone else airport lounge visits not refreshed for the year? At the lounge tonight and it’s a big issue, when swiping the card it shows they need to pay since visits are used up even though it’s some people first time this year. Reception phoned Fnb and they say they are having issues with lounge allocations.
Mine aren’t refreshed either.

billy786

Anyone else airport lounge visits not refreshed for the year? At the lounge tonight and it’s a big issue, when swiping the card it shows they need to pay since visits are used up even though it’s some people first time this year. Reception phoned Fnb and they say they are having issues with lounge allocations.
Mine aren’t refreshed either.
I thought lounge visits run from July to June?

Edit: Confirmed on ebucks website under "earn" that "Complimentary domestic lounge visits will be allocated annually from 1 July to 30 June."

Last edited:

sammi001

Anybody still have voucher cap left?
I need 3 x Ster Kinekor 3D tickets please

Much appreciated