Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Fusion card is a cheque card. If you ever tried to get your wife a cheque card with her name on your cheque account, you would have to go through the same process...its a whole other mission. Not worth it IMHO.

She’s had a cheque card on my account for years. Hence my confusion

This Fusion card replaces it.

cozinsky

Expert Member
Hi All. Newly registered on this thread, after following/stalking it for a couple of months. Trying to maximise my ebucks rewards and by following this thread I have realised that any debit order payments/EFT payments are bad and credit card and (especially) Checkers payments are good. I have made a couple of calls today to cancel debit orders, here is what I have found:
1. Tshwane rates and taxes can be paid via EasyPay @ Checkers
2. ADT alarm can be paid via EasyPay @ Checkers
3. MTN can be paid via EasyPay @ Checkers, however my account does not have an EasyPay number allocated, and I have requested them to allocate. Not too sure if that is going to happen.
4. Dstv I currently pay via Snapscan - can it be paid via EasyPay? On the Dstv payment method website it seems possible, anybody tried it?
5. Netflix I cancelled my debit order and went to Checkers to buy vouchers, but Checkers do not stock them. Will have to go to [sensitive topic] Dis-Chem or after 31 March PnP and the likes to get them there.

Any other tips are welcome.

Download the EasyPay app. You can pay your DSTV from that app and it counts as online spend. (I also pay my Telkom from there). I pay Netflix through a monthly credit card deduction so that also qualifies as online spend. (Nice to know that one can also pay Tshwane rates and taxes through EasyPay - I am closing to buying property in Tshwane).

cozinsky

Expert Member
partnership only ends 31st so there is a chance.

I am hoping for one last discounted Dis-chem vouchers in March, which is possible as the relationship only ends end of March. If available, I plan to stock up on washing powders, cleaning agents etc. Guess, with no discounted vouchers, I will just have to save up for Black Friday. Which is a pity cause the monthly savings on Dis-chem was worth more to me.

hellfire

Honorary Master
Need some advice guys:

On the 1st of feb I shopped online @dischem, with a bill total of R1010.80

I loaded 2 x R500 vouchers, and subsequently tried to pay the remainder of the R10.80 via Zapper. I am not sure what happened, but the payment page bombed out. After this my 2 x R500 vouchers disappeared from the fnb app. Ive called Ebucks multiple times, but they just claim the vouchers were redeemed, which not true.

Does anyone know who I can escalate it too?
Try escalating at Dischem also?

hellfire

Honorary Master
Anybody got the mi drone mini? Is it worth it?
I've enjoyed it - just be sure you're happy with the limitations of a mini-drone
My colleague who has a Tello is very jealous because he paid 3x as much for his and it has the same functionality.

bar1

Expert Member
I filled up on the 30th of jan , and i see it wasn't calculated.
is it worth complaining?

McGuywer

Executive Member
I filled up on the 30th of jan , and i see it wasn't calculated.
is it worth complaining?
Depends if you hit your caps. Most probably even complaining wouldn't help. It depends on when the petrol station "banks" the transaction.

McGuywer

Executive Member
The amount in the Calculator and allocated amount differs.
Anyone seen this before?

Nimz

Executive Member
I only got allocated eBucks for R1400 fuel spend instead of my Max of R2000 (Premier)

I filled on the 30th and have the receipt, what are the chances of getting my full allocation?

McGuywer

Executive Member
I only got allocated eBucks for R1400 fuel spend instead of my Max of R2000 (Premier)

I filled on the 30th and have the receipt, what are the chances of getting my full allocation?
As per above, most probably slim.

Krilliano

Im a bit confused about the R16,500 in savings pocket on Premier. I normally use some of the money during the month and it drops below the required amount. I do top-up on payday to over R16,500 and increase by R1,250. Should I rather not do the above anymore? Would be touch and go for level 5.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I'll be emailing my proof (receipts) to them shortly and see what they say

Its not an ebucks thing, rather when it was banked for the fuel station. So eB's are calculated when transactions was cleared, not processed. Been saying this over and over for years now

Nimz

Executive Member
Its not an ebucks thing, rather when it was banked for the fuel station. So eB's are calculated when transactions was cleared, not processed. Been saying this over and over for years now

Yeah, I couldn't fill any earlier as I was away on holiday. I knew the risks of filling so late in the month, so if I don't get the eBucks, it's cool.

Worth a try anyway

kmeister

I've enjoyed it - just be sure you're happy with the limitations of a mini-drone
My colleague who has a Tello is very jealous because he paid 3x as much for his and it has the same functionality.
Didnt realise how cheap it was on 40% off. Just ordered one, never actually flown a drown so should be fun.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Yeah, I couldn't fill any earlier as I was away on holiday. I knew the risks of filling so late in the month, so if I don't get the eBucks, it's cool.

Worth a try anyway

You can try, all that they will reply is something like, the transaction wasnt processed in "time" or "within the specific month", but please try

Status
Not open for further replies.