Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Jeffafa

Fusion conversion done, waiting for card delivery. Keeping CC account as it's included in PC Fusion pricing and useful for secondary cards and higher limit if ever needed. fusion will make buying groceries at Checkers and then doing Cash@till to withdraw a lot simpler, so maybe it will happen now.

I see the PC pricing will include two free Send Money (eWallet). That looks like it could be a loophole to draw cash from an ATM if you really need to, without losing the e-bucks points for avoiding ATM withdrawals. Although to be safe I should probably do it to a number not linked to my normal account...

Does anyone have any idea if using a separate cell number for eWallet for that would be necessary? My points margin is basically going to be 0, so not an experiment I'm going to try right now
Haha the separate cell number is not even necessary, i see you dont even want to make 1 mistake.

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Did you do the conversion via the app, branch, phone or banker?

Also, I don't think you need to do cash@till anymore with the new rules for points, but yeah, you can withdraw money more conveniently without two cards, if you need cash.
What are you basing that statement on? Last time I tried I lost points because even though I had 100% of my spend on my CC, the fact I did not draw any cash that month meant I could not meet the requirement.

JayM

Expert Member
What are you basing that statement on? Last time I tried I lost points because even though I had 100% of my spend on my CC, the fact I did not draw any cash that month meant I could not meet the requirement.
I never draw cash (till or ATM) and still always get the points for 100% spend on CC.

yep that was the old rule, the new rule does not require you to get cash at the till.
The wording is different on the new rule.

abudabi

Expert Member
For the free airtime , Anyone know what you need to do?

Just have a prepaid SIM linked to your account?

Mythical-

For the free airtime , Anyone know what you need to do?

Just have a prepaid SIM linked to your account?
Also very interested in this. I have three FNB Connect SIMs on my profile. One that came with the Conexis that is sitting in my daughter's phone, then my SIM and my wife's. Even though the wife's SIM is on my profile, I hope they'll be able to assign the free airtime from her bank account to the SIM on my profile :unsure:

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
I never draw cash (till or ATM) and still always get the points for 100% spend on CC.
yep that was the old rule, the new rule does not require you to get cash at the till.
The wording is different on the new rule.
Whats the other rule, your total spend must be more than the cash you draw or something like that. Last year, zero cash draw did not count, you had to draw something to get the rule to trigger.

Anyone willing to try not drawing cash and let the team here know if it works.

abudabi

Expert Member
Also very interested in this. I have three FNB Connect SIMs on my profile. One that came with the Conexis that is sitting in my daughter's phone, then my SIM and my wife's. Even though the wife's SIM is on my profile, I hope they'll be able to assign the free airtime from her bank account to the SIM on my profile :unsure:
I would imagine only 1 of your sims would get the data and somehow you'll need to transfer your wife's card to her profile.

I.am.Sam

rehabilitated troller
Dont know where my post went to

but im looking for the new rules calculator to see what i need to change or add

please link me

Michaelmw

Expert Member
Fusion card just got delivered :)

Just waiting for them to close my Credit Card now and then I can get stuck into this new card and rules.

Medical also booked for the Life Cover portion on Tuesday so hopefully everything will be in place for day 1 of the new rules.

RenaldoJ21

Sorry for the off topic post, can any1 point me in the directions where I can purchase a budget i3/i5 8gb laptop? Was hoping to get one from fnb app with eb but seems like ima wait foreva..

riddler

Anyone able to view forms (little 'i' symbol in the pdf doc) on the new FNB pricing guides? Doesn't do anything when I try clicking on it

Carsomyr

Did you do the conversion via the app, branch, phone or banker?
Via banker. Emailed service suite (because I though they could do it and it was non-urgent), they got banker to call me (happened same day as they responded). Did Card+Pin verification over phone. 2 working days later she mailed me credit agreement docs to sign for the conversion and card is currently scheduled for delivery. I'm actually very happy with my banker with this and previous interactions.

Also, I don't think you need to do cash@till anymore with the new rules for points, but yeah, you can withdraw money more conveniently without two cards, if you need cash.
I need small amounts of cash in a month, and the new rules mean ATM withdrawal are now out of the question, so I need Cash@Till for that reason.