Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefymoocow

Expert Member
If I increase my savings pocket by 2750. Will I get points for grow your Fnb savings and investment account for this month feb?

m3z

Hi guys, regarding the Engen 1 app's Prepaid Wallet - Will topping up the prepaid wallet count towards my fuel spend? I won't be hitting the fuel caps this month, so the prepaid wallet might help me get there (if it does count). tia

Tinuva

The Magician
Hi guys, regarding the Engen 1 app's Prepaid Wallet - Will topping up the prepaid wallet count towards my fuel spend? I won't be hitting the fuel caps this month, so the prepaid wallet might help me get there (if it does count). tia
Test it and let mybb know the result.

Snyper564

Honorary Master
Alternatively it might just be online

Reactions: m3z

Tman*

Expert Member
@FNB_spy - Is there anyway we can get the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 on the ebucks store less 40%?

My phone got water damaged over the weekend and I am in great need of replacement. :notworthy:

X-Gamer

Expert Member
comments on neg balances have floated around in the past... honestly dont no. Might just be deducted from next allocation.

So it turns out that the reason I lost out on the my Online spend points last month was because of a Takealot refund which reduced my online spend total to R88. This coupled with the fact that, according to eB, Afrihost have been processing credit card details as "in-store" purchases instead of online.

So yes, if you return something bought with Credit card on takealot this month, and you get the refund next month, it deducts from the category. I assume this is the same for all transaction categories.

Would have been nice to know this before, would have pulled the trigger on some wishlist items, knowing it would have kept me on level 5...

hellfire

Honorary Master
So it turns out that the reason I lost out on the my Online spend points last month was because of a Takealot refund which reduced my online spend total to R88. This coupled with the fact that, according to eB, Afrihost have been processing credit card details as "in-store" purchases instead of online.

So yes, if you return something bought with Credit card on takealot this month, and you get the refund next month, it deducts from the category. I assume this is the same for all transaction categories.

Would have been nice to know this before, would have pulled the trigger on some wishlist items, knowing it would have kept me on level 5...
Surely it's impossible for Afrihost to do that?

X-Gamer

Expert Member
Surely it's impossible for Afrihost to do that?
I honestly don't know what's possible.

Got this from premier banker:
Premier said:
eBucks has responded regarding the Afrihost transaction, and they confirmed that the merchant has processed the transaction in store

At your convenience, you can contact Afrihost and confirm how their transactions are processed

Regards,

bar1

Expert Member
I tried to change my cell c contract from credit card to easypay and i got this answer back:

"Kindly note, a debit order instruction is mandatory with any Cell C contract. "

so i am a bit confused, why have an easypay option ?
did anyone manage to get it right?
should i just easypay and then the debit order wont go?

Snyper564

Honorary Master
I tried to change my cell c contract from credit card to easypay and i got this answer back:

"Kindly note, a debit order instruction is mandatory with any Cell C contract. "

so i am a bit confused, why have an easypay option ?
did anyone manage to get it right?
should i just easypay and then the debit order wont go?
telkom is like this, I just easypay before the 15 and the debit order doesnt go off, im Im late the dr order goes off and I get a credit the following month

Nimz

Executive Member
telkom is like this, I just easypay before the 15 and the debit order doesnt go off, im Im late the dr order goes off and I get a credit the following month
Thanks for this - just made my Telkom Mobile payment via the Easypay app
Did not read the before 15th part :rolleyes:

Mogo

Thanks for this - just made my Telkom Mobile payment via the Easypay app
Did not read the before 15th part :rolleyes:

The Telkom consultant told me as long as you pay 10 days before the debit order then you'll be okay. I'll have to give this a go next month.

Mylky

Let me rephrase, they said i mist first open an OD and once I have an OD then only could I apply for fusion.

They are wrong. I went from cheque and CC to fusion and CC, never had to open an overdraft first. Did it via online banking since I didn't need to negotiate for a higher credit facility. If you foresee using a lot of credit you might want to keep calling until you get someone who knows what they are doing, but don't accept that overdraft story.

Snyper564

Honorary Master
They are wrong. I went from cheque and CC to fusion and CC, never had to open an overdraft first. Did it via online banking since I didn't need to negotiate for a higher credit facility. If you foresee using a lot of credit you might want to keep calling until you get someone who knows what they are doing, but don't accept that overdraft story.
Maybe double check that you dont have an OD

Filosofer

I noticed alot of you guys but Xiaomi products. Is it because FNB discounts them or are they really good? I don't know much about the brand. Can anyone tell me what's good about Xiaomi?

I'm want to buy another phone but Samsung is getting ridiculously expensive so I'm looking for an alternative.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I noticed alot of you guys but Xiaomi products. Is it because FNB discounts them or are they really good? I don't know much about the brand. Can anyone tell me what's good about Xiaomi?
I have the Xiaomi vacuum and 2 Xiaomi Mi 3 media players. They all work extremely well...

Tman*

Expert Member

I'm want to buy another phone but Samsung is getting ridiculously expensive so I'm looking for an alternative.
good brand with solid products.

x32

I went from a Samsung galaxy s9 to a Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro. It is much better battery life and is great value for money. Would definitely recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.