Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

chefdude98

Expert Member
I noticed alot of you guys but Xiaomi products. Is it because FNB discounts them or are they really good? I don't know much about the brand. Can anyone tell me what's good about Xiaomi?

I'm want to buy another phone but Samsung is getting ridiculously expensive so I'm looking for an alternative.
Do you remember a few years ago when Huawei was a lot cheaper & they made quality products comparable to Samsung?

Xiaomi is basically the new Huawei in SA.

Huawei is basically asking for Samsung prices now.

Snyper564

Expert Member
Do you remember a few years ago when Huawei was a lot cheaper & they made quality products comparable to Samsung?

Xiaomi is basically the new Huawei in SA.

Huawei is basically asking for Samsung prices now.
Not really I have the p30 lite dual sim paid 3000 on ebucks special this thing is absolutely amazing. You want pro pay pro prices they need to be in line with the flagships but the lites are not "lightweight" at all

chefdude98

Expert Member
Not really I have the p30 lite dual sim paid 3000 on ebucks special this thing is absolutely amazing. You want pro pay pro prices they need to be in line with the flagships but the lites are not "lightweight" at all
You do know the P30 lite was R6000 upon release.

I am also talking about the price of Huawei devices in general.

I am not taking into account the Ebucks discount.

We cannot predict when a product will be discounted in the ebucks store, so those prices don't count.

Snyper564

Expert Member
You do know the P30 lite was R6000 upon release.

I am also talking about the price of Huawei devices in general.

I am not taking into account the Ebucks discount.

We cannot predict when a product will be discounted in the ebucks store, so those prices don't count.
No man im saying comparing apples with apples you compare the s10 vs p30 pro. Not the 30 or lite you want cheaper they have cheaper and their cheaper even 6k for 30 lite is great

electrix

I tried to change my cell c contract from credit card to easypay and i got this answer back:

"Kindly note, a debit order instruction is mandatory with any Cell C contract. "

so i am a bit confused, why have an easypay option ?
did anyone manage to get it right?
should i just easypay and then the debit order wont go?
Change debit order date to last day of the month and ensure you easypay before 20th of every month.

You cant cancel or remove a debit order instruction.

You can however change it to one of the spare capitec accounts that have no funds in them(i have no idea what the penalty fee implications are for returned debits though)

Last edited:

Mylky

Maybe double check that you dont have an OD
I know I don't. I have the fusion credit facility as per the fusion credit agreement. Always read your credit agreements, then there will be no surprises. You don't need to open an overdraft first, run from any banker that tries to convince you that you do.

Snyper564

Expert Member
I know I don't. I have the fusion credit facility as per the fusion credit agreement. Always read your credit agreements, then there will be no surprises. You don't need to open an overdraft first, run from any banker that tries to convince you that you do.
The fusion credit faculty is an overdraft...

It's literally potato potatoe tomato tomatoe

Also works the same as one. The moment you are in credit and swipe no issue but to draw cash from an atm or eft instant interest

Tech_Mech

Best card to swipe at Engen, Thank U card with VIP, or Clicks Clubcard? What are the earn rates per litre on each?

Tech_Mech

I know that double points promotion ended end Jan. Now the dilemma of which card out of 100 to pull out

Filosofer

I know that double points promotion ended end Jan. Now the dilemma of which card out of 100 to pull out
I'm not sure which one but I know Edgar's Thank U is having a double point promotion until end March. Received and sms about it on the 18th Feb.

I know with clicks you get 1 point/L, which equates to 10c/L.
I'm not sure how Edgar's works. Screenshot_20200227-051916_Messages.jpeg

Steady

I noticed alot of you guys but Xiaomi products. Is it because FNB discounts them or are they really good? I don't know much about the brand. Can anyone tell me what's good about Xiaomi?

I'm want to buy another phone but Samsung is getting ridiculously expensive so I'm looking for an alternative.
Probably the top medium range deal available in South Africa, comparable to P30 lite and check the price difference
15 people bought on my advice, all smiles around
4th largest phone brand in the world
No 1 selling brand in India for more than a year
My daughter has been using one for nearly 3 years now
Best value for money brand although realme is challenging for this spot now.

Tinuva

The Magician
Best card to swipe at Engen, Thank U card with VIP, or Clicks Clubcard? What are the earn rates per litre on each?
When I did the calculations, if you disregard any double points promotion, then the ThankU card edged out over Clicks, but just just. They both give peanuts for points, but with Edgards you get 11 peanuts instead of 10 peanuts with Clicks.

That said, I hardly ever go to any Edgars shop, and the app only let you buy airtime. It took me a year of filling up R2k fuel a month to get a R100 prepaid airtime voucher from ThankU.

I've settled on using the Clicks card, purely because I actually use Clicks more than Edgars. Well I NEVER go to Edgars. I do go often enough to Clicks or their partner shops.

Mythical-

When I did the calculations, if you disregard any double points promotion, then the ThankU card edged out over Clicks, but just just. They both give peanuts for points, but with Edgards you get 11 peanuts instead of 10 peanuts with Clicks.

That said, I hardly ever go to any Edgars shop, and the app only let you buy airtime. It took me a year of filling up R2k fuel a month to get a R100 prepaid airtime voucher from ThankU.

I've settled on using the Clicks card, purely because I actually use Clicks more than Edgars. Well I NEVER go to Edgars. I do go often enough to Clicks or their partner shops.
Exactly the same for me. Swiped the thank you for years, but we never actually get to an Edgars to use the points up. Switched to Clicks when that partnership started and my wife used the little that had accrued almost immediately.

Mylky

Snyper, I'm seeing now where you are misinterpreting. See bolded below:

The fusion credit faculty is an overdraft...

It's literally potato potatoe tomato tomatoe

Also works the same as one. The moment you are in credit and swipe no issue but to draw cash from an atm or eft instant interest
Sure, but that wasn't the question.

/snip

2. FNB informed me that if I want to move over to Fusion then I would first have to open a overdraft facility and then they will move me over? Cant move if i have only cheque and credit card active. This does not make sense as an "credit facility" is opened when you move to fusion.
OP's logic was sound and is based on what you just said. A credit facility works the same way, so it would be silly to have to open an overdraft FIRST. That is what he was enquiring about and what I was responding to. No need for two separate credit checks. Just go straight from no overdraft to fusion. It's simply untrue that you have to have the one to get the other. Maybe you already had an overdraft when you switched? I didn't, so I know that what he was told was rubbish.

Anyway, he doubled down on the question when he messaged you again to clarify :

Let me rephrase, they said i mist first open an OD and once I have an OD then only could I apply for fusion.
Again you told him that was correct. It isn't. He does not need an overdraft first. That was the crux of his question and others who get told the same thing and switch to fusion for eBucks can save themselves an unnecessary extra ding on their credit records by ignoring the incorrect information given by FNB staff. That's what is so great about this thread : we learn how to maximize eBucks without compromising our finances. Credit enquiries are a part of that.

TL;DR You do NOT need an overdraft to get a fusion account. Skip the unnecessary step, you'll still get the credit facility. Them being the "same thing" is irrelevant, the information is incorrect.

Edit: sorry for hijacking the thread guys, I hope OPs question has been answered

Snyper564

Expert Member
Snyper, I'm seeing now where you are misinterpreting. See bolded below:

Sure, but that wasn't the question.

OP's logic was sound and is based on what you just said. A credit facility works the same way, so it would be silly to have to open an overdraft FIRST. That is what he was enquiring about and what I was responding to. No need for two separate credit checks. Just go straight from no overdraft to fusion. It's simply untrue that you have to have the one to get the other. Maybe you already had an overdraft when you switched? I didn't, so I know that what he was told was rubbish.

Anyway, he doubled down on the question when he messaged you again to clarify :

Again you told him that was correct. It isn't. He does not need an overdraft first. That was the crux of his question and others who get told the same thing and switch to fusion for eBucks can save themselves an unnecessary extra ding on their credit records by ignoring the incorrect information given by FNB staff. That's what is so great about this thread : we learn how to maximize eBucks without compromising our finances. Credit enquiries are a part of that.

TL;DR You do NOT need an overdraft to get a fusion account. Skip the unnecessary step, you'll still get the credit facility. Them being the "same thing" is irrelevant, the information is incorrect.

Edit: sorry for hijacking the thread guys, I hope OPs question has been answered
Ah I see what you are saying. I think I am in agreement with you then :)