Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Ice

Executive Member
Very interesting. Just received this in an email from Dischem. I would have thought it would have been Dischem to end it, and also interesting to note that Dischem blatantly state it in their communication. I assume it was not a pretty divorce.

Speaking of partners, we are very sad that eBucks have chosen to end our very successful relationship on the 31st March 2020 and I thought I would take this opportunity to explain to you how this will affect our loyal eBucks members going forward. As an FNB and RMB Private Bank account holder you will still earn up to 4% in eBucks when you shop at Dis-Chem, depending on which of these bank cards you use to make payment of your purchase. Unfortunately, as this relationship ends, you will no longer be able to spend your eBucks at your favourite pharmacy retailer and we encourage you to spend your eBucks in store during the month of March. I am pleased to reassure you that any online Dis-Chem vouchers that you already have or that you purchase during the month of March, will carry a 3 year validity date and you will always be welcome to redeem these, at any time, in any of our more than 170 stores.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Very interesting. Just received this in an email from Dischem. I would have thought it would have been Dischem to end it, and also interesting to note that Dischem blatantly state it in their communication. I assume it was not a pretty divorce.

Saying that, on the ebucks page it clearly says no more EARNING on dischem (via FNB). So ja ... lets see what happens in the April allocation

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Weird maybe clicks offered a better deal hehe

Sinbad

Honorary Master
It's all about driving the transactional banking contract. That's where the banks make money.

Move your transactional banking to fnb and they'll drive customers to you via ebucks for a certain period.

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
It's all about driving the transactional banking contract. That's where the banks make money.

Move your transactional banking to fnb and they'll drive customers to you via ebucks for a certain period.
But I know some of the margins that Dischem make. Because we import and supply them some product. I don't get the 40% discount.

Who pays for that?

zerocool2009

Executive Member

The % of SA who really push eB's to the max is very very low

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Lol so much for that "insider info" stating that Netflix vouchers broke the partnership

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Correct.

It's just like Vitality.

If I have to take a guess, 85% are oblivious it exits. 10% use it somewhat. 5% on level 5
Agreed.

I hang out with 10 people regularly at work for lunch.
All of us bank with FNB, only 2 of us really uses ebucks and are on level 5.
1 on level 3 who doesn't fill at Engen or shop at Checkers.

McGuywer

Executive Member
PC Clients:
  • Book Avis Point 2 Point transfers - an inner-city transfer service ensuring you always get to where you're going in style. Depending on your reward level, you could qualify for up to eight (8) complimentary local transfers per year in an economy vehicle when booked online through eBucks.com.

I am on level 5 and I only have 5 transfers. Does anyone else have 8? If yes, how?

weneeedmorepills

Anyone not using wimpy voucher or maybe wants to trade for a smoothly voucher cant drink that stuff have the shits for days

GrootBaas

Expert Member
PC Clients:

I am on level 5 and I only have 5 transfers. Does anyone else have 8? If yes, how?
It's 5:

Maybe you are looking at an old document. Think it was 8 a few years ago.

kmeister

It's 5:

Maybe you are looking at an old document. Think it was 8 a few years ago.
Private wealth get 8. Private clients get 5

Status
Not open for further replies.