Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sphinx21

If you don't like they offering vote with your feet / wallet and leave. Don't be an idiot and start making demands.
This is precisely what I say in my post and I quite literally make the point that I am content to remain for now. Ad hominem attacks on someone engaging in good faith is unfortunate. I don't agree with the OP's sentiment, but I will defend their right to say it, from attacks by gatekeepers on this forum.

Why attack others for raising critiques. Companies find this type of critical feedback so helpful, they've been paying market research firms for this information for decades. I'm sure FNB would rather hear OP's concerns rather than just receive their account cancellation.

For my own part, concluding that FNB and eBucks remains the best option, is not the same as concluding that they cannot do better in any respect.

fruitbat

Expert Member
Ordered a deep freeze from makro online on the weekend and delivered today... thought it would only be delivered at lvl 3. very happy with my ebucks 1 to 1 purchase!

Speedster

Honorary Master
This is precisely what I say in my post and I quite literally make the point that I am content to remain for now. Ad hominem attacks on someone engaging in good faith is unfortunate. I don't agree with the OP's sentiment, but I will defend their right to say it, from attacks by gatekeepers on this forum.

Why attack others for raising critiques. Companies find this type of critical feedback so helpful, they've been paying market research firms for this information for decades. I'm sure FNB would rather hear OP's concerns rather than just receive their account cancellation.

For my own part, concluding that FNB and eBucks remains the best option, is not the same as concluding that they cannot do better in any respect.
My apologies - I quoted the wrong post. Was meant to quote fish

ebrahim786

What’s the best option to withdraw cash besides “cash at till” that is free/cheap and doesn’t affect tier points. WeChat no longer seems to be working with FNB cards...

Majordad

What’s the best option to withdraw cash besides “cash at till” that is free/cheap and doesn’t affect tier points. WeChat no longer seems to be working with FNB cards...
WeChat worked ,yesterday at pnp(Kuilsriver).

hellfire

Honorary Master
Close, but no cigar. Interchange fees that go to the card issuer are what funds the bulk of eBucks. You are still absolutely correct in saying that when spend is down, we will see fewer benefits.

However, I always find it strange to see this gatekeeping around what one may be disgruntled about as a customer. For some of us, eBucks is the only reason we use FNB, ergo it is the main value proposition; not icing, not a cherry on top. The bank is one of the only institutions that has been permitted to operate unhindered and one of the only businesses that has made as much in fee revenue as any other normal day. It is in a privileged position as far as businesses go.

I like to maintain the healthy attitude that to them I'm just a number and they reserve the right to kick me to curb without reason. The most dangerous thing to do with a loyalty program is to remain blindly loyal.
You're completely discounting the effect that customers missing their payments have on financial institutions. They have to make provisions for bad debt, and these impairments have massive effects on their profitability. Fee income alone will not keep the banks running.

eBucks might be the main value proposition for some FNB customers, but there is still huge value in the 1 to 1 redemption of eBucks. Earn rules haven't changed at all, and neither have spend rules. Seems to me that eBucks is being pretty even-handed.

Emergency measure because everyone was spending their miles on Uber rides before SAA went under and it all disappeared anyway. There's nothing left there. Like trying to get blood from a stone. Not sure what you would have done differently?
Those miles should have been provided for when they were allocated, and then ring-fenced. They belong to the customers, not SAA.

smiley-zn

I completely disagree, the eBucks store sells, and for a long time, has sold household essentials that could be sold during all phases of lockdown. I also don't see the ban on selling vouchers during any phase of lockdown as well so not sure why they stopped selling vouchers at discount. FNB heavily promoted the eBucks store as get 40% discount on select items and has done so for the last number of years. If the eBucks were any other type of online store/business it would be trying to push sales and opening up during these tough times. Look at Discovery Vitality they have doubled cashback during this period and reduced the requirements. Some people are struggling financially during this time and could do with the option to buy items using eBucks they have especially vouchers that could be used on essentials in store.

Some interesting points being raised and different perspectives.

I am personally quite disappointed with eBucks and the offerings over the past month and a bit.

My brother in law is with Discovery Vitality and currently on diamond status, fortunately he was able to assist and purchased me quite a few items from Dischem at 50% discount.

Yes, 50% DISCOUNT!!!

beefymoocow

Expert Member
Some interesting points being raised and different perspectives.

I am personally quite disappointed with eBucks and the offerings over the past month and a bit.

My brother in law is with Discovery Vitality and currently on diamond status, fortunately he was able to assist and purchased me quite a few items from Dischem at 50% discount.

Yes, 50% DISCOUNT!!!

He needs to join bank. I’m getting 75% at dischem and still have some dischem Vouchers. So I’m gettin 115% back :) oh and if you use your miles on Netflix voucher. I’m probably getting around 140% back.

billy786

Trick is to use the easypay number it generates when you select to top-up at a retailer on the easypay site to topup the wechat wallet :)

Tman*

Expert Member
Hi Guys - I realize this is not a Virgin Money Spot dedicated thread, but as there has been Spot related inquiries I thought I'd ask here.

My domestic & garden engineer dont have bank accounts. As a safer option I have been paying them via Spot (so they dont need to carry large amounts of cash at any give time. Both have been FICA'ed, and the system works)

I have been experiencing a bit of a problem however;

1. Only a select few Checkers & Shoprite's know how to withdraw money via Wi code. Cashiers just shrug their shoulders it seems. What exactly does one need to tell cashiers so they understand what option to select on the til as to draw funds?

2. My garden engineer has funds stuck in his Spot app. Every time he tries to withdraws, the App gives an error MSG saying, "Error withdrawing funds, please contact support". There is no telephone number, no support email address, heck I even phoned Virgin Money credit card and not even they know how to get in touch with these guys. Has anyone managed to get in touch with Spot support? If so how?

Snowshark

Need some assistance please.
Ebucks listed me as unqualified for Engen double up due to "non Engen fuel purchase". The purchase was actually made in an Engen shop. Ebucks insist on a slip which I didn't keep since I was at Engen. A simple google search of the petrol station will show its an Engen.
Can anyone direct me someone at Ebucks with a bit of common sense and authority to sort this out - its a significant amount.

the eskimo

Need some assistance please.
Ebucks listed me as unqualified for Engen double up due to "non Engen fuel purchase". The purchase was actually made in an Engen shop. Ebucks insist on a slip which I didn't keep since I was at Engen. A simple google search of the petrol station will show its an Engen.
Can anyone direct me someone at Ebucks with a bit of common sense and authority to sort this out - its a significant amount.
When this happened to me, I sent a google maps screenshot and they fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.