Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Who is going to beat Jeffafa or anyone else to the punch this year? Are we moving the new thread date to 17/18/19th or keeping 20th

RenaldoJ21

Off topic:
To the guys doing both ebucks and discovery miles...Is it worthwhile to be doing the discovery miles rewards thing?

HandyTechTipper

HandyTechTipper

Off topic:
To the guys doing both ebucks and discovery miles...Is it worthwhile to be doing the discovery miles rewards thing?
I calculated the 10x miles stores (if on Diamond) works out to 6.66% cashback in miles.
Remember, you are capped at 10,000 miles per month.
So, I use my FNB card for non-10x stores, or if I'm capped at 10,000 miles or if I need to keep my Discovery spend over the minimum - see below.

Also, for Discovery's integrated products, you need to spend a minimum on your Discovery credit card otherwise discounts on those products go Down. eg: Life Cover integrated with your Discovery Card - spend must be at least R5,000 per month: https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/discovery-integrator
Mine is more... R17,500

McGuywer

Executive Member
Might help others considering moving to another FNB account type:
eBucks What’s the difference between FNB Gold, and Premier, and Private accounts?:
Thank you for this but there is some errors in the caps.
I just checked PC, Checkers is R3000 and not R2000 as per PDF.
Fuel is also not correct on PC.

Remember this rule:
The amount on which you earn eBucks is limited to 20% of your total monthly qualifying FNB Fusion Private Clients Card, FNB Private Clients Credit Card and/or FNB Private Clients Cheque Card spend or a total Rand spend of R2 500 per month, whichever occurs first.
That is the same with a couple of places where you earn, applies to other accounts as well.

Blu82

Expert Member
It does but after the absolutely horrible experience I had with Clicks I won't recommend it. I personally feel they damaged their brand by choosing Clicks. Dischem, Store Pick-up equals same day availibility, Clicks store pickup equals availiblity in two weeks with customer support responding in three weeks to an email.

Discovery Miles are starting to look way more inviting to me at this moment in time.

wonduhboy

It does but after the absolutely horrible experience I had with Clicks I won't recommend it. I personally feel they damaged their brand by choosing Clicks. Dischem, Store Pick-up equals same day availibility, Clicks store pickup equals availiblity in two weeks with customer support responding in three weeks to an email.

Discovery Miles are starting to look way more inviting to me at this moment in time.
thanks for the heads up

Snowshark

I see municipalities (Ethekwini) charging an admin fee for credit card payments (about R70-80 a month for me) over R2500.
Anyone found a way around this? I use walletdoc

lucifir

Expert Member
I see municipalities (Ethekwini) charging an admin fee for credit card payments (about R70-80 a month for me) over R2500.

how can they justify an admin fee for this, especially such as steep fee? :mad:

beefymoocow

Expert Member

I think it’s with most municipalities. Remember getting charged an admin fee. Can’t you split the payment.

electrix

I think it’s with most municipalities. Remember getting charged an admin fee. Can’t you split the payment.

This fee has been mentioned my me a while back. It does not matter if u split the payment, as long as it is in the same monthly cycle of payment, you will be charged this fee. Also this fee is based on the amount you pay.

The work around i found was to pay the base R2500(so no fee applies) by creditcard or debitcard. Then the balance of the amount due, i load a giftcard @Checkers/game/makro/pnp and then use the gc to pay it. Somehow the system sees the gc as cash and no fee is charged by eskom

Status
Not open for further replies.