Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Mine doesn't go off :unsure:

Trust FNB that their own Conexis doesn't work with their own app functionality seamlessly. I'm going to check again to see if the way I'm enabling NFC has anything to do with the errors.
Maybe I'm thinking of Samsung Pay

kmeister

My TFSA isn’t showing , anyone else having same issue ?

5632e62589055c67e400079f1e2e0420.jpg

McGuywer

Executive Member
My TFSA isn’t showing , anyone else having same issue ?
I think it should be R3000 per month. But I stand to be corrected.
Yip, on Gold:

Do you make a monthly payment of at least R500 OR make an annual contribution in the current tax year of R36 000 into an FNB Tax Free Shares, FNB Horizon Series Unit Trust (tax free) or Tax Free Cash Deposit Account?
So it has been up'd to at least R3000 per month. The calculator confirms it.

fruitbat

Expert Member
i have 2 offers on my internet banking of
1) increase my over draft to XXX
or
2) switch to fusion account and increase my limit to XXX (Same as offer 1)

Would 2 simply be a switcheroo from a cheque+overdraft to a fusion+facility. And my credit card would remain as a seperate card/account? Does FNB do that?

Larry_Fisherman

When do we get double fuel earn (I know it's quarterly but which months exactly?)

I financed a car through VW in May this year, just wondering in which months my double earn rewards would be.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
When do we get double fuel earn (I know it's quarterly but which months exactly?)

I financed a car through VW in May this year, just wondering in which months my double earn rewards would be.
july onwards. You have to meet the criteria for each month in a quarter.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I think scan to pay purchases wont count as eb spending, take note. All my scan to pay’s are excluded from my smart spend calculations

TedLasso

Expert Member
I think scan to pay purchases wont count as eb spending, take note. All my scan to pay’s are excluded from my smart spend calculations
Require clarification:-

Under FNB Pay, there are two options , tap to pay and scan to pay?

From an ebucks POV are they the same thing to qualify for points?

If I use scan to pay on the app to pay for things where snapper / zapper apps used to be used previously, is it counted as online spend ? Does this incl PnP?

Tap to pay using NFC of phone or watch I know is counted as in-store spend

Too confused by rules (cos I am dom) to figure out if it need to use both in a month. On Premier but also considering moving to PC if it makes sense.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Scan has always been online up to now. Not sure if it's still online if it's the card terminal showing the qr code though?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Scan to pay is related to FNB and QR code scanning via the app.

I think thank scanning is only related for points and not eb earnings.

I keep manually tab of my new purchases, and scan to pay is excluded (via the smart spend page via the app).

Related to the last question. Online and straight is now 1 section (the new smart spend).

wtg

Scan to pay is related to FNB and QR code scanning via the app.

I think thank scanning is only related for points and not eb earnings.

I keep manually tab of my new purchases, and scan to pay is excluded (via the smart spend page via the app).

Related to the last question. Online and straight is now 1 section (the new smart spend).
I just used scan to pay for R700 worth at checkers - are we saying that it won't count as checkers spend now?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I just used scan to pay for R700 worth at checkers - are we saying that it won't count as checkers spend now?

What I am saying, i use it just at pick and pack for the “rule”... for small purchases.

So far, 1 week later, my totals for smart spend exclude scan to pay

Reactions: wtg

zerocool2009

Executive Member
What I am saying, i use it just at pick and pack for the “rule”... for small purchases.

Can we close the 2019/2020 thread and move over to the new 2020/2021 thread...

Mods (please close)

fruitbat

Expert Member

All my cc spend is included in smart spend including Fnb scan to pay at pnp. It’s balanced perfectly to my 22Seven buckets

Tinuva

The Magician
I think you think wrong.

All my FNB App scan to pay purchases shows in the Smart Spend tab on the app so far. Most of it on the "Online spend" line in fact.

Just make sure, when you scan to pay it uses your CC and not your Cheque if not on fusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.