Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I think you think wrong.

All my FNB App scan to pay purchases shows in the Smart Spend tab on the app so far. Most of it on the "Online spend" line in fact.

Just make sure, when you scan to pay it uses your CC and not your Cheque if not on fusion.

Mine counted eventually also. Sorry, I spoke to early making that statement

Rule 1: always just credit card

safejack

Starting to get frustrated with amount of lies these people tell when you want to scan to pay,
1st couple times was okay, but something that should take under a minute takes about 10mins now

--> checkers no the scan to pay is broken , calls manager no it only works on some systems , 5mins later they figure it out and they angry with each other,
--> another instance no scan to pay is down
--> PNP --> can i scan to pay they answer back straight no.

Given this has just been the last two weeks, most of the time just end up using my card normally.

P.s: There has been a few teller that is on top of their game , so kudos to them
If someone knows the steps so we can tell the tellers how to do it, would appreciate it.
sorry just wanted to mini vent.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Starting to get frustrated with amount of lies these people tell when you want to scan to pay,
1st couple times was okay, but something that should take under a minute takes about 10mins now

--> checkers no the scan to pay is broken , calls manager no it only works on some systems , 5mins later they figure it out and they angry with each other,

Given this has just been the last two weeks, most of the time just end up using my card normally.

P.s: There has been a few teller that is on top of their game , so kudos to them
If someone knows the steps so we can tell the tellers how to do it, would appreciate it.
Just ask for zapper, more well known term.

AchmatK

Executive Member
I just use it the 3 required times to get the points.

Other times Samsung Pay on my watch or phone with MST where NFC is not supported.

fruitbat

Expert Member

Nice. Would be cool to get the extract from their training manual.

RenaldoJ21

I used scan to pay at Engen quick stop, picked up a pie and chose scan to pay(option 3) on the terminal..was quick and easy. Just an alternative to the big retailers.

Antelope

at checkers and pnp it probably shows on their systems as scan to pay

safejack

I used scan to pay at Engen quick stop, picked up a pie and chose scan to pay(option 3) on the terminal..was quick and easy. Just an alternative to the big retailers.
By Engen been easy only thing though is when you do that you dont get u clicks points, unless i missed something.
but like said @signates u just need 3 times

rezabz

Expert Member
I've tried twice at Engen, 2-3 times each time.
Transaction fails (does not require any setup/permissions on your phone right?)

mr_norris

Expert Member
Checkers is the pits when it comes to paying with anything other than a card. When I first got my watch they refused to let me tap it, they even called the manager in so she could deny me, saying "it's straight from head office". Even so, tapping with a card is touch and go as a lot of the machine just don't let you tap. I haven't even attempted trying to scan to pay there.

If it wasn't for the ebucks earn, I wouldn't bother going there. The same could be said for clicks. They are the only two stores where I absolutely need my card with me. Primitive I tell you.

3WA

Honorary Master
Just find a nice coffee shop near you and go there two/three/four times a month.

I need to do two scan-to-pay a month, that's two cappuccinos at R25 each.

ele33

Expert Member
Isn't it that you have to use FNB pay, which is either:
1. scan to pay, or
2. tap to pay?

BBC

Checkers need to update their 19futsek POS devices

Tired of those silver machines that can't accept anything but a physical card "according to Piece Of S*&!* Teller"

lws

I've managed to use Scan to Pay at two Checkers in my area without fail. The only issue is that it takes FREAKING long for the "approved" to reflect at the till. I normally ask about Scan to Pay and the lady cancels the CC option, presses another button and I get the option on the terminal.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I've managed to use Scan to Pay at two Checkers in my area without fail. The only issue is that it takes FREAKING long for the "approved" to reflect at the till. I normally ask about Scan to Pay and the lady cancels the CC option, presses another button and I get the option on the terminal.
Yeah I had the same thing. Had the app notification for amount reserved pop up, and then probably only about 15-20 seconds later, standing there like a poepol, the till registers it.

Status
Not open for further replies.