Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

K3NS31

Expert Member
Cell C.

I used FNB Connect about a year ago and the service was very very bad. Slow data speeds and lose complete signal at times. Don't even bother if you're in a small town.
Glad I'm in Cape Town then - I always get good speeds. And nobody can match their pricing. Especially now that rollover's enabled (opt-in tho, so you have to manually do it each month)

fruitbat

Expert Member
For me it ended up being cheaper. I'm currently with Liberty Life. Plus then there's the added bonus of the 40% back in ebucks. However I may switch again in the future if they take the ebucks thing away.

The suckiest thing about switching is all the admin again. A nurse is coming on Monday to do blood tests and stuff.
These f#ckers are insisting I need to fica again. Yet I know I’m ficad on their customer system. Have pushed back and complained however I’m sure I’ll end up sending the docs in anyway :-(

zerocool2009

Expert Member
These f#ckers are insisting I need to fica again. Yet I know I’m ficad on their customer system. Have pushed back and complained however I’m sure I’ll end up sending the docs in anyway :-(
To be honest ... there is a reason why every department needs you to fica ! So, did you take out any new product (or maybe your fica'd information is to old ....

I really hope these " f#ckers " are seeing your comment

Fcon_Vpro

the p30 lite was only R61 for delivery its always so random...
I think its a volume/weight/location thing.
The ps4 controller i ordered was free delivery.
The p30 lite you checked is also a small item hence the lower delivery.
The bedding i ordered while being light, was incredibly bulky and cost me R105 for delivery. The box was such an odd size that I couldn't fit it into my boot without taking everything out of the box first.
The PS4 and bedding was delivered to the same location and both came from parcel ninja.

Last edited:

Snyper564

Expert Member
The bedding i ordered while being lite, was incredibly bulky and cost me R105 for delivery. The box was such an odd size that I couldn't fit it into my boot without taking everything out of the box first.
The PS4 and bedding was delivered to the same location and both came from parcel ninja.
I ordered 2Xamerican tourister sets and was charged R220 I think in total.

eehellfire

Executive Member
Speaking from my perspective after doing quotes with them and comparing them to Liberty Life, FNB seems to be more expensive and with more T&C's that might catch you out down the line. Supposedly banks tend to be more expensive for such products, my liberty life advisor told me.

Whilst they offer the 40% back in eBucks it's probably still worthwhile using them but just remember to reevaluate if or when they remove that discount one day.

I ended up taking a pass as I eventually realised I had enough RL points to maintain RL5.

Disclaimer: this does not constitute financial advice :)
Your Liberty Life advisor whose company is owned by Standard Bank?

airborne

Executive Member
The bedding i ordered while being light, was incredibly bulky and cost me R105 for delivery. The box was such an odd size that I couldn't fit it into my boot without taking everything out of the box first.
I don't think it's size related, that Wiha precision screwdriver set is tiny and they want R110 to deliver it.

I'm assuming they are drop shipping much of the stuff sold in the ebucks shop so maybe the location of the supplier has an effect on the shipping cost

nathank

Anyone else here that didn't get the reward level points for overdraft for the month of June? I noticed I didn't get it, and it knocked me down a level.

Somewhat related: what's the easiest way to actually get a reply from ebucks? They are not responding to my email.

Say What

Item on app costs R599 and delivery is R250! And you can't order more than one thing it seems. Tried repeating it a few times hoping the delivery would change as mentioned here but no luck.

I can't pay R250 to deliver R599. Just can't.
what item is this

Gamer

Expert Member
Who has transferred eBucks from one account to another by phoning eBucks themselves (amounts greater than the online single transaction limit of eB5000)?
Is it a mission or straight forward?
Are you able to transfer more than the monthly limit of eB35000 that is stated online if you use the call center?
Thanks

Speedster

Executive Member
Who has transferred eBucks from one account to another by phoning eBucks themselves (amounts greater than the online single transaction limit of eB5000)?
Are you able to transfer more than the monthly limit of eB35000 that is stated online if you use the call center?
Thanks
It is straight forward and yes, you can transfer large amounts that way

Snyper564

Expert Member
Thanks
straightforward BUT can take up to 48 hours so be careful if you buying and selling etc

adam88

If I made a petrol purchase on my CC and closed the CC would I still get the ebucks for it?

Fcon_Vpro

I don't think it's size related, that Wiha precision screwdriver set is tiny and they want R110 to deliver it.

I'm assuming they are drop shipping much of the stuff sold in the ebucks shop so maybe the location of the supplier has an effect on the shipping cost
Delivery fee is R61 for me for Wiha screwdriver kit.
My bedding was R110.
I am fairly close to parcel ninja.
That’s why I think it’s combination of volume, weight and location.