Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020

yatiya

You load them as travellers on your ebucks travel profile
No, this is some new requirement. Wife has been a traveller on my profile for some time now.
I believe it's as esmile said. However, the ebucks website says you both need a qualifying account OR need to be on the Spousal Pricing option. FNB's divisions seem not to be talking to each other.
Accounts say one thing, ebucks say another, and in between, we the customers are left to figure it all out.

Gamer

Expert Member
No, this is some new requirement. Wife has been a traveller on my profile for some time now.
I believe it's as esmile said. However, the ebucks website says you both need a qualifying account OR need to be on the Spousal Pricing option. FNB's divisions seem not to be talking to each other.
Accounts say one thing, ebucks say another, and in between, we the customers are left to figure it all out.
You definitely need to have existing matching accounts (lowest tier being premier) or be on the spousal pricing option, which would make you essentially match the former requirement.
Once that is done and in place, you can then put your spouse on your BANKING family profile (this is not your ebucks travelers list).
The sales desk are the ones to get this all set up.

tRoN

Executive Member
You definitely need to have existing matching accounts (lowest tier being premier) or be on the spousal pricing option, which would make you essentially match the former requirement.
Once that is done and in place, you can then put your spouse on your BANKING family profile (this is not your ebucks travelers list).
The sales desk are the ones to get this all set up.
So just to be clear on this. I’m very confused.

Wife needs her own account but if I’m on PW and her income requirements will qualify for a lower account then she has to pay the higher fees?

Also she needs to qualify for ebucks separately? This will dilute the earns as she is normally a secondary cardholde.

Den_10

Hey guys. Quick question and apologies if this has been covered. So I never withdraw money ever, would I still qualify for both these set of points? Or do you have to withdraw to qualify for tha first one? A bit worried as these points are make or break for me for RL5 on gold. Thanks

Attachments

Gamer

Expert Member
So just to be clear on this. I’m very confused.

Wife needs her own account but if I’m on PW and her income requirements will qualify for a lower account then she has to pay the higher fees?

Also she needs to qualify for ebucks separately? This will dilute the earns as she is normally a secondary cardholde.
I think I follow your questions. Yes, if you're on PW and she already has another account type AND you want to benefit from the family travel discounts etc, you can opt for the spousal pricing option for your wife. This would essentially bring her account to PW status at a reduced monthly fee. Her income does not need to meet the traditional PW account requirements then (remember, account requirements and eBucks requirements are different, so she'll need to meet the eBucks requirements for income in order to earn eBucks).
Her account number stays the same, they will replace her cards with PW cards. Essentially, her account has all the benefits and pitfalls (depends which way you look at it) of a PW account.
You will both earn eBucks points for this new earn option: Have an active linked FNB Fusion Private Wealth/ FNB Private Wealth Cheque Account/FNB Islamic Private Wealth for Spouses or be on the Spousal pricing option.
In order to reach eBucks level 5, both you and your wife will be under the same requirements as a PW account. Both of you earn your own eBucks, according to PW rules etc.

I have yet to figure out what's the goal here with FNB and this massive drive to link accounts/family. It may be as innocent as wanting to get the family all linked up so that the likelihood of spouses/kids moving off to other banks is reduced or they have something more 'sinister' up their sleeves which may only become evident in the future and next years 1 July rule changes, who knows. Am I too suspicious, hell yes, these guys are always trying to erode the benefits and make you more dependent on them at the same time.

Anyway, I'll take my tin hat off for now, hope this helps.

Last edited:

tRoN

Executive Member
I think I follow your questions. Yes, if you're on PW and she already has another account type AND you want to benefit from the family travel discounts etc, you can opt for the spousal pricing option for your wife. This would essentially bring her account to PW status at a reduced monthly fee. Her income does not need to meet the traditional PW account requirements then (remember, account requirements and eBucks requirements are different, so she'll need to meet the eBucks requirements for income in order to earn eBucks).
Her account number stays the same, they will replace her cards with PW cards. Essentially, her account has all the benefits and pitfalls (depends which way you look at it) of a PW account.
You will both earn eBucks points for this new earn option: Have an active linked FNB Fusion Private Wealth/ FNB Private Wealth Cheque Account/FNB Islamic Private Wealth for Spouses or be on the Spousal pricing option.
In order to reach eBucks level 5, both you and your wife will be under the same requirements as a PW account. Both of you earn your own eBucks, according to PW rules etc.

I have yet to figure out what's the goal here with FNB and this massive drive to link accounts/family. It may be as innocent as wanting to get the family all linked up so that the likelihood of spouses/kids moving off to other banks is reduced or they have something more 'sinister' up their sleeves which may only become evident in the future and next years 1 July rule changes, who knows. Am I too suspicious, hell yes, these guys are always trying to erode the benefits and make you more dependent on them at the same time.

Yes helps a lot. Thanks.

Just one nagging issue is that spouse won’t be able to jump the same hoops to get to level 5.

Is that a problem ?

Den_10

So been catching up on the new rules and changes to Gold are pretty sweet!!! Turning my cheque/credit card accounts to Fusion in lieu of my overdraft will equate to the same points and a saving of R1,356 per year on fees. Now that’s something to smile about

Tinuva

The Magician

You got 1 thing wrong though...

The rules state, if you on Spousal option, you only need to have income of R5500 to qualify.
See: https://www.ebucks.com/web/eBucks/earn/fnb-private-wealth-2019.jsp
1.1 Have a monthly deposit* of at least R60 000 into an FNB Fusion Private Wealth Account, FNB Private Wealth Cheque Account, FNB Private Wealth Single Facility, FNB One Account or an FNB Private Wealth Islamic Cheque Account.

OR

1.2 Have a monthly deposit* of at least R5 500 if you are on the Spousal pricing option.

Gamer

Expert Member
Yes helps a lot. Thanks.

Just one nagging issue is that spouse won’t be able to jump the same hoops to get to level 5.

Is that a problem ?
If you want to maximise eBucks, I imagine that would be a problem. Thanks to @Tinuva for pointing out that the eBucks qualifying requirements for the spousals option is only R5500 income :thumbsup:

You got 1 thing wrong though...

The rules state, if you on Spousal option, you only need to have income of R5500 to qualify.
See: https://www.ebucks.com/web/eBucks/earn/fnb-private-wealth-2019.jsp
Ah, that could be helpful for folk, thanks for picking that up and pointing it out :thumbsup:

Mythical-

I purchased a Unipin yesterday. When I tried to get the electricity code, it failed. I'm in COCT, but didn't get any of those SMSs some of you reported getting.

What are my chances on getting a refund from Dischem? I paid with WiCode.

tRoN

Executive Member
If you want to maximise eBucks, I imagine that would be a problem. Thanks to @Tinuva for pointing out that the eBucks qualifying requirements for the spousals option is only R5500 income :thumbsup:

Ah, that could be helpful for folk, thanks for picking that up and pointing it out :thumbsup:
Ok.
She can just then open an account and just “qualify for ebucks” at level 1 at R5500 per month deposits and earn actual ebucks on my account profile.
Just need it for the companion travel

Snyper564

Expert Member
I purchased a Unipin yesterday. When I tried to get the electricity code, it failed. I'm in COCT, but didn't get any of those SMSs some of you reported getting.

Likely none, best option is to sell it,

mrichard

Have you used unipin on your meter before?

Tinuva

The Magician

I purchased a small test amount, found it is not working. So spending the dischem voucher on other needed things at Dischem.

Looks like CoCT and Unipin had a fallout.

zerocool2009

Expert Member

What is so difficult to understand .... children of today is tomorrow's clients

zerocool2009

Expert Member
I forcast a few unhappy FNB customers (now) ..... some IOS versions non supported anymore ! And you cant upgrade !

That means some app rules (GONE to earn points) !