Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

STORMERSFAN

Hi there guys.. Can't seem to find the 'maximize rewards' tab.. Has it been removed.. Pls advise where to find it.. Also is anyone having problems with not being given the 1000 points for having a will? I haven't received it for the last two months and I also didn't receive my 500 points for having a fnb bond run by debit order?

Speedster

Honorary Master
Hi there guys.. Can't seem to find the 'maximize rewards' tab.. Has it been removed.. Pls advise where to find it.. Also is anyone having problems with not being given the 1000 points for having a will? I haven't received it for the last two months and I also didn't receive my 500 points for having a fnb bond run by debit order?
I think post that on the other thread. This is for rules starting July 1

Mythical-

What is FNB Buildings insurance? Is it the insurance that you're forced to take when your bond gets approved?

I don't know if I'm remembering wrong, but I seem to recall FNB advising me to go with Outsurance when they approved my bond. If I check my bond details online, I can see a "Property Insurance Amount" value. Is that what you'd earn 15% on?

3WA

Executive Member
What is FNB Buildings insurance? Is it the insurance that you're forced to take when your bond gets approved?

I don't know if I'm remembering wrong, but I seem to recall FNB advising me to go with Outsurance when they approved my bond. If I check my bond details online, I can see a "Property Insurance Amount" value. Is that what you'd earn 15% on?
Yup. Most people with bonds will get the building insurance from somewhere other than the bank where they have the home loan, since the bank is usually quite expensive. Now we'll all have to run the numbers to see if the 15% “discount” makes the bank competitive.

zerocool2009

Expert Member

Been testing a few new products for FNB ... This is one of them.

Yes, I get manual 15% back as I am on level 5 currently

So my advise, if you have structural insurance on your house ... review it !!!

Tinuva

The Magician
Something new coming for the year ahead for eb clients ....

View attachment 843583
Hmm so if you with Outsurance, you should move to FNB's Insurance ? If its not 15% more expensive obviously.

ps. I know you do not need to be with Outsurance, thats just who the bank suggests to make easy to get insurance when you get your bond. I have in the past changed to a completely different insurer.

Belix

It’s under Earn

zerocool2009

Expert Member
Hmm so if you with Outsurance, you should move to FNB's Insurance ? If its not 15% more expensive obviously.

ps. I know you do not need to be with Outsurance, thats just who the bank suggests to make easy to get insurance when you get your bond. I have in the past changed to a completely different insurer.
Correct. Outsurance broke away from the FirstRand group many moons ago. FNB insurance aint new, as they used brokers via Santam etc before. Now they are totally independent.

beefymoocow

Expert Member
Yeah. Did my first payment via a QR code at checkers lonehill. Used Masterpass. Hopefully it will count as an online spend instead of checkers spend. Will let you know once it’s fully reflects.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Yeah. Did my first payment via a QR code at checkers lonehill. Used Masterpass. Hopefully it will count as an online spend instead of checkers spend. Will let you know once it’s fully reflects.
Did you have to input a verified by visa otp?

zerocool2009

Expert Member
Same with my pick and pay instore purchase today ... masterpass... otp (online boost)

Sayf777

Expert Member
Anyone know of any new eBucks partners (15% back or 40% vouchers) or are we unlikely to get any?