Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinuva

The Magician
Because there are still benefits - like earning the R8.00 in fuel back per liter, like getting the full % back from partners, like getting the 40% discount on some of their items at the store.

So I may not be spending as much as needed to get every ebuck out - but its still worth doing.

Indeed you are very correct - and not something I take for granted. I was one of the small percentage of people who work in a sector that was for the most part - relatively shielded from the pandemic.

However despite that - I think 5k a month on spending is still a large amount all things considered.

So the average salary of a South African is R22 500 (Source) and thats Gross so you looking at more like R17k net.

Rent = R6500
Food (for 1) = R2000
Car Repayment = R3000
Petrol (2 tanks) = R1600
Insurance = R1300

Sub Total = R14 400

Leaving you R2 600 a month for stuff Ive left out like Medical Aid, savings etc

And only R3 600 of the above (Petrol and Food) would contribute to the Smart Spend

So the only real conclusion I come to is either someone has to be earning a great deal more to be able to afford R5K in spendings every month, or living on credit...
Not everyone has vehicle finance. I have 3 cars(granted they all 2001/2002/2003 cars), all paid up. 1 for wife, 1 for me, 1 for backup in case something happens to 1 of the first 2. So easy to find another R3k/month to spend.

AchmatK

Executive Member
Ok. Tell us what you have been buying???
Went on a fvck Eskom shopping spree.
Please explain?
I have a UK bank account and need to send money over regularly. They allow me to deposit funds using another card so I use my global card to send money to the UK with no card transaction fees. Works out cheaper than a swift transfer and I get ebucks every time.

My UK bank account charges mastercard rates if I swipe it in SA. Currency conversion fees is also less than the ebucks I earn. It only works if I need to send less than R40k to the UK. For larger amounts, fnb's conversion rates are not the best.

Pho3nix

The Legend
Went on a fvck Eskom shopping spree. I have a UK bank account and need to send money over regularly. They allow me to deposit funds using another card so I use my global card to send money to the UK with no card transaction fees. Works out cheaper than a swift transfer and I get ebucks every time.

My UK bank account charges mastercard rates if I swipe it in SA. Currency conversion fees is also less than the ebucks I earn. It only works if I need to send less than R40k to the UK. For larger amounts, fnb's conversion rates are not the best.

Mind sharing how you are transferring the funds? Also have a UK account

tRoN

Executive Member
Does the fusion account "cancel" your normal credit card and current account or is it separate.
Do you need to keep it active by using it?

tRoN

Executive Member
yes - replaces your credit card.
No you dont have to use it to keep it active.

Apologies. I thought it was in addition to a credit card and if I needed to use both.

But if it replaces the CC is the usage the same as I’ve been doing with my cc all along.

I really can’t see the point of it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.