Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

acp

Yes, you can relax.
Good to know.
Any idea why then would the smart spend that cleared well before the 29 Aug smart spend update not have been included?

The tier 4 allocation was also in my account this morning, so that's not the issue.
But not tier 5, because according to them I did not get to tier 5 by 29 Aug, which I did.

eehellfire

Honorary Master
Got a call from the eB call centre. They didn’t knew the rules at all. I got somewhat anode telling them the new 2020/2021 changes and specifically related to my issues.

Email drafted to higher powers: Get your staff working (or rather to learn).

I dont think they know, we are almost in month 2 of this mess
what is your home language?
Not mocking or disparaging you at all, just curious.

fruitbat

Expert Member
Good to know.
Any idea why then would the smart spend that cleared well before the 29 Aug smart spend update not have been included?

The tier 4 allocation was also in my account this morning, so that's not the issue.
But not tier 5, because according to them I did not get to tier 5 by 29 Aug, which I did.
My spend is now updated up to 31aug. Got my 30k Mark. And additional 4500ebucks. I’m happy... yours should be in too?

fish

My smart spend dropped by R9k between 25th and 29th Aug and now updated today with date of 31st but still missing about R9k of spend. Going to give it another couple days before pulling out my statements and sending mail. Anyone else notice smart spend going down?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
My smart spend dropped by R9k between 25th and 29th Aug and now updated today with date of 31st but still missing about R9k of spend. Going to give it another couple days before pulling out my statements and sending mail. Anyone else notice smart spend going down?
Happen to me takealot did refund to my account.
Did someone did a refund to your card maybe?

acp

My spend is now updated up to 31aug. Got my 30k Mark. And additional 4500ebucks. I’m happy... yours should be in too?
Thanks. Just checked and... Boom! Updated. The last 4500 ebs locked-in. Praise be!
I rest my case (on this particular matter that is.)

Next up: figuring out why the >100k money maximiser deposit made on 13 Aug still has me at 0/6500 points. :unsure:

cpu.

Expert Member
Track my rewards has points for using my overdraft. But I only used it to get points in July. Thankfully I have 1000 points more than I need so it shouldn't matter. It would be nice to be able to rely on track my rewards though. I'm sure they wont bump me back up to 5 if I drop to 4 because of it.
Mine is the same, no overdraft used during August but points are reflecting.
Mine says 4 online streaming but only did mrd.. Uber eats and playstation
Because:

Screenshot_20200902_213347_za.co.fnb.connect.itt.jpg

Barkingmad

Thanks. Just checked and... Boom! Updated. The last 4500 ebs locked-in. Praise be!
I rest my case (on this particular matter that is.)

Next up: figuring out why the >100k money maximiser deposit made on 13 Aug still has me at 0/6500 points. :unsure:
money maximiser doesn't seem to count - When I queried it they [ebucks team] responded with a vague sms that didn't answer anything, but told me to contact Fnb investments regarding what account would be best suited to my profile

zerocool2009

Executive Member
money maximiser doesn't seem to count - When I queried it they [ebucks team] responded with a vague sms that didn't answer anything, but told me to contact Fnb investments regarding what account would be best suited to my profile

It is super important to decode the new rules what count and what doesnt count when it comes out.

According to me, only 2 saving accounts count:
1. Normal savings and 2. 32 day notice

Its stands in big bold letters the “excluding list”

Tman*

Expert Member
MM counts for me.

I suspect you have to have funds in the account for a full month before getting points.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
MM counts for me.

I suspect you have to have funds in the account for a full month before getting points.

Thanks for confirming. I might have bundled rules together to have only 1 savings (with a few rules).

And related to the savings, I opened mine on 25 July, and it counted for Aug points table

Barkingmad

MM counts for me.

Hi again - I have just got off the phone with one of the ebucks team and was assured in no uncertain terms that the money maximizer account does not qualify, it has to be one of the Horizen funds.

KungfuKenny

Damn you guys are fast! Saw a decent 43" TV for 40% off, had it in my cart and was about to check out when I decided to shop a bit more, when I went to check out again, sorry item in your cart is no longer available haha.