Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

newby_investor

Expert Member
Mistake number 1. You completely lose the interest fee loan function of a CC when you move to fusion only.
Yeah, but the interest that I pay on fusion amounts to a few rand anyway. Not really worth the hassle of switching.

I generally don't spend money that I don't have, up to now just been moving a couple of grand to my savings account for a couple of business days in order to get ebucks points so the interest is minimal.

Speedster

Honorary Master
Yeah, but the interest that I pay on fusion amounts to a few rand anyway. Not really worth the hassle of switching.

I generally don't spend money that I don't have, up to now just been moving a couple of grand to my savings account for a couple of business days in order to get ebucks points so the interest is minimal.
The issue is not the interest paid on fusion, it is in the interest foregone on funds you could have borrowed interest free.

Hackson

Mistake number 1. You completely lose the interest fee loan function of a CC when you move to fusion only.

From FnB Website:

FNB Fusion Account benefits

• Up to 30 days interest free on credit card purchases

So more like you lose 55-30 days (quick math anyone).

naeem.ally

Anyone else having issues paying their Netflix account via CC.
It’s been working for a year and now it’s not going through. According to FNB there are no issues on their side.

Speedster

Honorary Master
From FnB Website:

FNB Fusion Account benefits

• Up to 30 days interest free on credit card purchases

So more like you lose 55-30 days (quick math anyone).
Interest free is only on card purchases, so the moment you make any payment (EFT etc) you pay interest on those payments.

Arthur AnymoreDonuts

I talked to a consultant now regarding the FNBy account. She told me that the increase of R300(Premier) can be done in the transactional or savings account. This kind of makes senses seeing that the rule states interest received excluded in the increase amount of R300.

Hope she is right. Will try and test it in October.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I talked to a consultant now regarding the FNBy account. She told me that the increase of R300(Premier) can be done in the transactional or savings account. This kind of makes senses seeing that the rule states interest received excluded in the increase amount of R300.

Hope she is right. Will try and test it in October.
Won't risk if dont have another buffer for points.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
I lost my fusion card about two months ago. It's not a problem though, I don't see any need for ever swiping it.
Yes i'm only using it for swipes as i did an upgrade to PW and it's the only card i have on PW. The credit card division seems very delayed in issuing my new cards.

marbro

It’s been working for a year and now it’s not going through. According to FNB there are no issues on their side.
I heard that FNB blocked a few accounts that were trading in Bitcoins? Maybe find out if they have blocked you

uzairb

Mine went through fine on 27th.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Hmm. New glasses are ready.
Need to go pick them up and pay for them.

If I use my CC today, what are the chances it will appear on next month's smart spend? This month I'm maxed out

Speedster

Honorary Master

If I use my CC today, what are the chances it will appear on next month's smart spend? This month I'm maxed out
I need to make a big payment at checkers today too. Pretty confident it won't go through today.

franshorn

Bloody hit and a miss, I have transactions from the 25th that haven't cleared yet

Filosofer

Play it safe and pick them up tomorrow