Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Spectralwarrior

On Smart Spend: Okay so far it seems Smart Spend is updated twice a month (even though they say every 3 business days but for me it has been twice a month. Is this the same for others?

So my Smart Spend was updated three days ago. But I spent more yesterday. So will I get this extra Smart Spend for this month (since it will be a big amount then) or will this be counted in with next month's spend (making it a smaller amount)?

When will the next Smart Spend update be?

Speedster

Honorary Master
On Smart Spend: Okay so far it seems Smart Spend is updated twice a month (even though they say every 3 business days but for me it has been twice a month. Is this the same for others?

So my Smart Spend was updated three days ago. But I spent more yesterday. So will I get this extra Smart Spend for this month (since it will be a big amount then) or will this be counted in with next month's spend (making it a smaller amount)?

When will the next Smart Spend update be?
Smart Spend seems to update at least once a week on my side. Allocation will depend on when the payment clears. If it clears this month, it'll be allocated to this month.

Last edited:

franshorn

Anyone been able to 100% reconcile their spending to the smart spend and monthly ebucks allocations?

With the old rules, i could get it exact, but seems now not at all. No wonder the allocations are a fokop

Speedster

Honorary Master
Anyone been able to 100% reconcile their spending to the smart spend and monthly ebucks allocations?

With the old rules, i could get it exact, but seems now not at all. No wonder the allocations are a fokop
I've been keeping a close eye on mine and it's been pretty much dead on every month.

franshorn

I've been keeping a close eye on mine and it's been pretty much dead on every month.
My ebucks allocations are dead on, however there is a difference on the Smart spend. Not big, but its still there which is irritating

Speedster

Honorary Master
My ebucks allocations are dead on, however there is a difference on the Smart spend. Not big, but its still there which is irritating
The key is to adjust for the delays in transactions clearing. Smart spend is broken down into in-store and online which helps to show which transactions haven't been included yet.

ele33

Expert Member
Smart Spend seems to update at least once a month on my side. Allocation will depend on when the payment clears. If it clears this month, it'll be allocated to this month.
Mine updates regularly throughout the month. As I hit a level it updates a 2-3 days later.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
So I'm watching my Fusion account like a hawk to see if my last Scan To Pay and streaming transactions move from a pending to banked state. They have actually disappeared from Pending this evening and are nowhere to be seen, so perhaps by midnight they will reflect as banked. These are transactions relating to 25 and 26 September respectively.

edit: My last Scan To Pay and streaming transaction now reflect as banked, talk about cutting it close :cool:
There is a 5th Scan to Pay transaction from BidOrBuy from the 25th still pending, but i don't need it to retain level 5.

Last edited:

Dolby

Honorary Master
Does having an FNB One account hinder eBucks rewards in any way ?
Do you have a single One account card, which counts as a credit card (ie no separate cheque card and every swipe with the One card, is an eBuck swipe?

Meister-Man

So, new month, I took 5 mins to do my required transactions on the app (transfers) and view track my rewards.
Easy peasy..

McGuywer

Executive Member
So, new month, I took 5 mins to do my required transactions on the app (transfers) and view track my rewards.
Easy peasy..
Yip, its nice that you select transfer, then accept and then it automatically goes back to transfer again.