Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Smart spend is showing my rmb account also. I think il be earn some smart spend from that also, just waiting for the card to arrive :(
8f7fddac165a77bd78cdf3e987db0a99.jpg

air

Expert Member
Smart spend is showing my rmb account also. I think il be earn some smart spend from that also, just waiting for the card to arrive :(
8f7fddac165a77bd78cdf3e987db0a99.jpg
Apologies if already answered why did you move to RMB and were there hoops to jump through?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Apologies if already answered why did you move to RMB and were there hoops to jump through?
Moved for the more smart spend, which gets you 30k in ebucks. Higher checkers cap also. I had to transfer some more money global account as buffer to stay on level 5. I like to have 1000 points buffer

air

Expert Member
Are there differences in rewards between fnb pc VS rmb pc, also PW between the 2? If not, why would you move to RMB when fnb would suffice?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Are there differences in rewards between fnb pc VS rmb pc, also PW between the 2? If not, why would you move to RMB when fnb would suffice?
Rmb only has pw, not pc. So I moved from pc to rmb which is fnb pw.

Reactions: air

Tman*

Expert Member
Please keep us posted on the service you receive, have not been impressed with fnb PW to date.
The whole idea of having a "private banker" (read: call center agent) is a farce. Well at least in my experience, all the way up to PW during my years with FNB.

hellfire

Honorary Master
Please keep us posted on the service you receive, have not been impressed with fnb PW to date.
I'm sure it's a very similar (if not exactly the same) offering - just a different sticker

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Fnb is cutting really close with my upgrade to RMB. They first sending credit card and then they will upgrade fusion account, but I know the fusion card has to be activated to get the ebucks, so need to have it all done by month end.

Hopefully my ebucks is not a mess lol
When did you start the process? They did my Fusion card first in my case (18 Sep). Then the credit card division messed up the credit card application with a 2 week delay as i signed the agreement electronically and they did nothing after that till i asked what was up. They needed me to sign an addendum due to the aforementioned e-signature. My credit cards arrived on 15 Oct.

I think if i had to do it all again I'd upgrade on the 1st of the month and do no spending till getting the new Fusion or credit card with which to swipe with. One is either looking at them stuffing up the previous month's eBucks or the current month in which one upgrades. Either way though I'd say there is recourse if you met all the necessary rules for eBucks.

cozinsky

Expert Member
The whole idea of having a "private banker" (read: call center agent) is a farce. Well at least in my experience, all the way up to PW during my years with FNB.

In my opinion, it is not really a big deal. I rarely use my private banker as most things can be done online. Unfortunately private bankers can also be abused for example, ordering cards, obtaining bank statements. All of this can be easily done online. Thankfully, they have put a stop to this now.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
In my opinion, it is not really a big deal. I rarely use my private banker as most things can be done online. Unfortunately private bankers can also be abused for example, ordering cards, obtaining bank statements. All of this can be easily done online. Thankfully, they have put a stop to this now.
My private banker does all this for me. I just drop her an email and whatever I ask for (that's banking related), she does. She even got hold of the title deed for our property for me.

That's what they're employed to do.

Vuilhaas

I just got a call from FNB cards division asking if I want to upgrade to Premier. In his sales pitch he advised that I will earn eBucks from ANY fuel purchases and not just Engen.... I queried this and while on the phone opened up the eBucks website and read it out to him.

He said that is wrong and he will email me the details... I still await his email...

Am I high/drunk or is he completely and utterly wrong?

How can a sales agent have the completely wrong information?

Mythical-

I just got a call from FNB cards division asking if I want to upgrade to Premier. In his sales pitch he advised that I will earn eBucks from ANY fuel purchases and not just Engen.... I queried this and while on the phone opened up the eBucks website and read it out to him.

He said that is wrong and he will email me the details... I still await his email...

He is the drunk one. You won't get an email.

nemo415

Could be a social engineering scam to get your ID number, account number and address.

Sinbad

Honorary Master

Lol, fill up at non-engen and get ZERO fuel rewards that month.

Vuilhaas

It did cross my mind that it was a scam. He didn't ask for any personal information though and said he had my email address on file

*shrugs*

I should do it, fill up on fuel wherever and then insist on eBucks based on the incorrect information in the sales call :laugh:

citizensa

Expert Member

It’s not completely untrue provided you are not getting double fuel rewards which needs exclusive Engen spend. You will earn ebucks from any purchase including fuel as smart spend.

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
It did cross my mind that it was a scam. He didn't ask for any personal information though and said he had my email address on file

*shrugs*

I should do it, fill up on fuel wherever and then insist on eBucks based on the incorrect information in the sales call :laugh:
Well he already had your number so he might as well have your email as well.

I don't think they call to do upgrades. You can do that schit on the app. It's probably a scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.