Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

tRoN

Executive Member
So let me clarify. Pay to scan with your app at a till point is the same earn as tapping with Samsung pay ?

How do you ask the cashier for the QR code ?

beefymoocow

Expert Member
So let me clarify. Pay to scan with your app at a till point is the same earn as tapping with Samsung pay ?

How do you ask the cashier for the QR code ?

Just say you want to pay to scan. I’m in Fourways and they know about it.

lucifir

Expert Member
Pay@ should be payable at retailers

I have no interest in going into a store to pay the account.
Guess EFT will have to do till another option comes up.
Pity they stopped easypay to go with a even worse option, but thats our government, always moving backwards, never forward :(

Muttley

Expert Member
Apologies if this has been asked previously but does one earn eBucks from purchasing medicine (prescription/over the counter) from Clicks or is this excluded?

nivek

Executive Member
Discovery is looking very attractive atm, rewards program on paper looks far superior to what we have with ebucks.. does anyone have a second acc with discovery to leverage their rewards program? whats the experience been like?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Discovery is looking very attractive atm, rewards program on paper looks far superior to what we have with ebucks.. does anyone have a second acc with discovery to leverage their rewards program? whats the experience been like?
I do yes. It's ok, but I don't buy enough healthy stuff make it worth while. I could get more back.

Ebucks def give me more back with smart spend and checkers.

Discovery I get only 2000 miles for 40k spend, where smart spend gives me much more.

Discovery always have dischem vouchers on stock. And you get 25% discount on vouchers at diamond.

eshwar

Apologies if this has been asked previously but does one earn eBucks from purchasing medicine (prescription/over the counter) from Clicks or is this excluded?

I believe it counts as long as you do any payment at the tills and pay with your FNB card of course.

eshwar

On the discovery side, the economics don't make sense if you don't spend a lot a month or won't be letting go off your existing rewards programme (I guess that's intentional) . there is a lot of upto upto but you need to be pretty much a big spender at their partners and then it kinda works... I couldn't get even the basic Gold/Platinum credit card to make sense let alone the packages and higher colours.

3WA

Honorary Master

Nowhere near to eBucks IMO. I'm on month two with Vitality. I use the Active rewards to offset my costs (R280 for Vitality and R120 for Discovery Bank). So already I have to jump through hoops just to break even. The exercise is okay for me, but I have to do a bunch of fake transactions to push spend on my credit card. And the software can be buggy - I've spent more than an hour on the phone with them, troubleshooting schit. Their support is abysmal.

If you want to try it out, check if they have a special where you get a few months free. I caught them at a time where they gave three months free so I haven't paid the monthly R280 yet.

The only time I can see Vitality be worth it, is if you really want the iPhone or Apple Watch (or other fitness device), or else if you're willing to commit to them long-term, and send all your miles into one of their retirement annuities (which is not for me). But if I had to choose one between Vitality and eBucks, I'd choose eBucks every time. They don't judge me for buying and eating lard.

VBot

Just something I thought of, maybe we can get a copy of one car guard's badge and then all donate to that person for a specific month and then change it to another person the next month.

I see a lot of people are donating to good causes here, but our R20 here and there to earn the eBucks points will make a massive difference to one person's life.

Finally managed to track down a car guard with Snap Scan. He works at N1 City and has three young kids. If you are looking for a quick solution to FNB scan to pay, you can use this one if you want and I am sure he would appreciate every cent :)

N1 car guard.jpg

R4m80

I see that Ethekwini/Durban municipality accounts are not payable via easypay anymore and the new payment provider (pay@) does not seem to have a convenient way to pay via credit card to register the payment as ebucks spend. Anyone find a work around for this yet?
My eThekwini account is payable via Easypay or Pay@. Both options are on the account.

Dylan_G

Expert Member
My eThekwini account is payable via Easypay or Pay@. Both options are on the account.

eThekwini has ended their agreement with Easypay. It can no longer be used. Someone posted the link recently?

Pay@ still works.

lucifir

Expert Member
eThekwini has ended their agreement with Easypay. It can no longer be used. Someone posted the link recently?

Pay@ still works.

How are you using pay@ ?
Is it only in stores or is there an online method to do the payment/transaction?

nivek

Executive Member
On the discovery side, the economics don't make sense if you don't spend a lot a month or won't be letting go off your existing rewards programme (I guess that's intentional) . there is a lot of upto upto but you need to be pretty much a big spender at their partners and then it kinda works... I couldn't get even the basic Gold/Platinum credit card to make sense let alone the packages and higher colours.

yeah after doing some more reading up on the fine print their rewards aren't that great, I was mostly after the 50% at sportsmans warehouse as I'm trying to kit out a home gym, but they cap you on something silly like R2000..

Status
Not open for further replies.