Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinuva

The Magician
How are you using pay@ ?
Is it only in stores or is there an online method to do the payment/transaction?

As mentioend above, pay@ can be paid in apps like SnapScan, MasterPass App (seen it in the Capitec masterpass app) etc. The above link also shows other apps like vodapay etc.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
typically MTN traffic will be prioritised, but depends on what sort of agreements they eventually sign
Yeah with rain and vodacom sharing, vodacom traffic gets priority.

A member tested it here and posted the results.

lucifir

Expert Member

As mentioend above, pay@ can be paid in apps like SnapScan, MasterPass App (seen it in the Capitec masterpass app) etc. The above link also shows other apps like vodapay etc.

I tried it, but it did not work for the ethekwini municipal account. I get the error "Payment channel not activated for biller".

TedLasso

Expert Member
No need to use QR code, you can just tap.
This was discussed a few post back. Tap to Pay is on Android only.

I have an android phone with NFC, but the FNB app doesn't use it. Android One Phone Running Android 10 (Sep 2020 fix) :(

My garmin watch has the card loaded on it, and I use it so often to pay - why the F does that not count the same ?? :mad:

Blu82

Expert Member
So just tried Tap to Pay at the Supplier I used to use Scan to Pay. It doesn't help much if I am asked to present my card to the machine after tapping with my phone.

Tinuva

The Magician
I have an android phone with NFC, but the FNB app doesn't use it. Android One Phone Running Android 10 (Sep 2020 fix) :(

My garmin watch has the card loaded on it, and I use it so often to pay - why the F does that not count the same ?? :mad:
Are you running the fnb app on your Garmin

TedLasso

Expert Member
Are you running the fnb app on your Garmin

No, I have the FNB card loaded with Garmin Pay (which is NFC too). Since this is an FNB card and it was pushed by FNB when they first enabled it a few years ago, it should count as a tap to pay too.

An update in any case, deleted the FNB app on my phone, reinstalled it, and lo and behold , I managed to activate Tap to Pay on my cards in the FNB app ... now to test it in the next day.

Tinuva

The Magician
No, I have the FNB card loaded with Garmin Pay (which is NFC too). Since this is an FNB card and it was pushed by FNB when they first enabled it a few years ago, it should count as a tap to pay too.

An update in any case, deleted the FNB app on my phone, reinstalled it, and lo and behold , I managed to activate Tap to Pay on my cards in the FNB app ... now to test it in the next day.
It was a joke but I get your frustration with the rules.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Reminder, it's the 27th so max out your October remaining caps asap.
To avoid having ebucks timing issues

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Yeah filled up a bit today, normally pay bills around 20th.

Just hope my upgrade does not cause issues, I have recieced my cards and activated them and for my wife.

hellfire

Honorary Master
Just annoyed at the way the market has moved since FNB decided to force us all to pay by QR code to get ebucks level points. Now, snapscan/zapper don't work via the app and when you go to Checkers there is no QR code option to pay ... :mad:
Snapscan definitely still works. Used it on OneDayOnly a few minutes ago

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
May already be too late if one encounters some of those long delays we had end of September was it. Does Checkers Sixty60 tend to be more delayed (in terms of the funds being banked) than swiping in store? IIRC it is more delayed.

Bilaal_H31

Hopefully this translates to a better overall experience using fnb connect.
Will try it out i guess.

Blackfriday seems to be going towards the phone + simcard deals.

Definitely will never take out a phone contract for 36 months lol that's madness.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
May already be too late if one encounters some of those long delays we had end of September was it. Does Checkers Sixty60 tend to be more delayed (in terms of the funds being banked) than swiping in store? IIRC it is more delayed.
Sixty60 is delayed to different amounts they bill you more then the goods etc, so takes a while to bank the right amount.

Speedster

Honorary Master
Will try it out i guess.

Definitely will never take out a phone contract for 36 months lol that's madness.
Depends on the contract. I had a Telkom contract which ended up running for about 5 years (even though Telkom were phoning my monthly to "upgrade"). I eventually upgraded to a new package from them and that's been going about 4 years, if not more. Point is from time to time a really good deal comes around and then it's worth signing for as long as they'll allow.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Will try it out i guess.

As (you probably know) fnb account users we get free fnb connect data, minutes and sms's on a monthly basis, based on ebucks level.
So sure try it out, based on my experience I would not recommend paying out of pocket for fnb connect as a main contract.

cozinsky

Expert Member
How often does the Smart Spend get updated? I have completed the requirements to unlock 3000 eBucks but I am worried the system won't update before month end and I will lose the eBucks.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
How often does the Smart Spend get updated? I have completed the requirements to unlock 3000 eBucks but I am worried the system won't update before month end and I will lose the eBucks.
Also waiting still.

Not sure if will get mine I got mine for PC , but upgraded and smart under PW profile is showing but did not get it yet lol

Hoping to get PC spend and PW spend lol

Meister-Man

Expert Member
It's based on when transactions are banked.
So as long as your transactions are banked this month, you should get the smart spend.
Might take a few days for ss to be updated on the app and then usually another 2-3 days and the ebucks ss is deposited.

Status
Not open for further replies.