Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

esmile

Yes but what @Gtx Gaming is referring to, you swipe for R10k now and it only clears on the 1st.
It would then count for next month's smart spend.
That's not correct. I've swiped many times on the last day of the month and got my smart spend allocated in the next month. Smart Spend works differently from monthly partner allocations

Arthur AnymoreDonuts

Important to note: Smart Spend is calculated from the first to the last day of a calendar month. If a transaction is not processed by a merchant by the last day of the month, it will count towards the new month. I.e. If you spend R100 at a store on the 30th of the month and the transaction is processed on the 2nd of the following month, then the R100 would count towards your Smart Spend for the new month.

esmile

Important to note: Smart Spend is calculated from the first to the last day of a calendar month. If a transaction is not processed by a merchant by the last day of the month, it will count towards the new month. I.e. If you spend R100 at a store on the 30th of the month and the transaction is processed on the 2nd of the following month, then the R100 would count towards your Smart Spend for the new month.
Again. I've experienced the opposite. I've done a couple spends on the last or second last day of the month, cleared on the 1st/2nd of the next month, I got my last smart spend allocation for the previous month on the 4th.

That's from my experience, but if you want to be safe, do it a couple days before the end of the month :)

RogueAssassin

Hi all. Sometimes there is a delay with FNB allocating payments.

E.g - you swipe the 31st Jan and the retailer banks the 31st Jan. This remains showing as pending until fnb have allocated that payment. If it’s allocated say the 3rd of the following month (Feb), you will note your payment date is still the 31st Jan and therefore in Jans allocation

Meister-Man

Expert Member
500 points short of lvl 5.
I need another quick streaming platform I can use now.
I've used Uber eats, Mr D and netflix.
Suggestions?

McGuywer

Executive Member
@Meister-Man
Some more options:
- Spend R300 on FNB Connect
- Increase Savings account with R2750

I would have missed by 1000points and decided to rather spend R300 on connect sim than drop to level 4 and lose more. The R300 can stay there until I need to use it as airtime/data.

McGuywer

Executive Member
I also transferred R2800 to savings account and will be transferring back on the 1st.

Those two gave me the 1000points.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
@Meister-Man
Some more options:
- Spend R300 on FNB Connect
- Increase Savings account with R2750

I would have missed by 1000points and decided to rather spend R300 on connect sim than drop to level 4 and lose more. The R300 can stay there until I need to use it as airtime/data.

Thanks.

I think the spend R300 on fnb connect is a nice last minute one, if you are short 500 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.