Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Quick question.. On smart spend.. If it says last updated 10th Feb.. Does this include transactions that were concluded on the 10th..so to add up my next spend I start adding from 11th?(sorry if it's a dof question)
Smart spend works on a calendar month, your question is phrased as if you believe it works on a eBucks allocation cycle?

Pablo37

Did I misunderstand how the credit card autopayment works?
I initiated an autopayment for the full CC statement balance to get the points, which I did get. Just over a week ago I needed another app transaction so I paid half the CC statement balance. The autopayment for what I thought would be the statement balance, less what I paid was meant to go off yesterday (due date) but it didn't. The funds are still available and there are no outstanding transactions.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I initiated an autopayment for the full CC statement balance to get the points, which I did get. Just over a week ago I needed another app transaction so I paid half the CC statement balance. The autopayment for what I thought would be the statement balance, less what I paid was meant to go off yesterday (due date) but it didn't. The funds are still available and there are no outstanding transactions.
If you make a manual payment of more than the minimum amount, the auto payment doesn't run

zerocool2009

Executive Member

If it doesnt go off, you still get the points!

Pablo37

If you make a manual payment of more than the minimum amount, the auto payment doesn't run
OK, thanks. I was afraid of this. I hate paying CC interest but will have to bite the bullet this time.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
OK, thanks. I was afraid of this. I hate paying CC interest but will have to bite the bullet this time.

Just check 48 hours prior to your due date, whats the minimum due. And the biggest tip to avoid interest, R0 it in the due date (what was processed payments (excluding pending)).

daoudamojee

Happen to me a couple of times, phoned in & complained. They reversed the interest every time

Auto-payment has always been a bit of hit & miss for me, doesnt work sometimes even I don't make a payment that month.

Leno

Expert Member
They often screw up the auto payment amount and then suspend/block my CC without telling me, best to double check

Meister-Man

Anyone logged onto the fnb app lately and been prompted to accept a new agreement?
c6c6393aecb9ec113b627a6765730fff.jpg

Bincx

Do you still get Ebucks at checkers for any spend over the monthly threshold.

It will count towards your smart spend.
You won't get any additional 15% off in the checkers category once you pass the monthly threshold